Tristan Connelly deserves mention for fighter of the year and fight of the year

J

Jpenwell14

His short notice performance against young phenom Michael Pereira at UFC on ESPN+ 16 in Vancouver was about the best performance anyone could ask for. Especially considering the raw talent of the unorthodox Pereira and the feel of the crowd. Tristan Connelly put on a picturesque complete MMA performance.

I just wanted to make a mention of it, to hopefully see the man get the recognition he deserves at least on these boards.

<36><{cruzshake}>

Lol, no. It was definitely a huge upset but that fight was not FOTY, not even close.

It was a cool story and all but how about story of the year or upset of the year or something a little more relevant to him. Otherwise it just comes across as a reach

It is either Masvidal or Izzy.

I like the dude, great performance and great attitude - however lets see the guy fight 2 or 3 times more before we start being silly

His short notice performance against young phenom Michael Pereira at UFC on ESPN+ 16 in Vancouver was about the best performance anyone could ask for. Especially considering the raw talent of the unorthodox Pereira and the feel of the crowd. Tristan Connelly put on a picturesque complete MMA performance.

I just wanted to make a mention of it, to hopefully see the man get the recognition he deserves at least on these boards.
So if you think back to Izzy/Gastelum you think Tristans fight was better? Moron.

Upset of the year, maybe. Sure wasn't "Fight of the Year" and there are way more deserving guys in the running of "Fighter of the Year" but alas, another troll thread from a 2019 account made less than a month ago. How original. Same guy that said UFC 245 will be 21 rounds of boring, and laments the SD rankings but thinks that Adam Borics deserves a place in the top-10 because of wins over Pat Curran and Aaron Pico.

I wouldn't even say it was a 'huge' upset
Connelly was +365, one of the top five biggest betting underdogs that won in the UFC this year I'd say. But Khama Worthy > Devonte Smith was much bigger.

Hi Tristan, glad to know you are a sherdogger

Connelly was +365, one of the top five biggest betting underdogs that won in the UFC this year I'd say. But Khama Worthy > Devonte Smith was much bigger.

Wow really? No clue that the line was that big.

Upset of the year, maybe. Sure wasn't "Fight of the Year" and there are way more deserving guys in the running of "Fighter of the Year" but alas, another troll thread from a 2019 account made less than a month ago. How original. Same guy that said UFC 245 will be 21 rounds of boring, and laments the SD rankings but thinks that Adam Borics deserves a place in the top-10 because of wins over Pat Curran and Aaron Pico.

If these things turn out not to be true, i will print a redaction just for you bubba

It is either Masvidal or Izzy.

So if you think back to Izzy/Gastelum you think Tristans fight was better? Moron.

Not an adesanya fan actually. Will enjoy seeing him fight romero, but gastelum was the same guy who got tapped by weidman, who is just terrible. Think the fight and the division are overrated.

Like masvidal alot actually, kudos to him and the year he has had and his evolution as a fighter.

But when i say mention you know how there are runners up and multiple choices for of the year categories. Hence the mention part.

In hindsight though lance palmer deserves the spot more than adam borics. Palmer only has one unavenged loss, and he's a great wrestler, something that is becoming increasingly rarer

He's gonna be out of the UFC in less than 2 years. So nah

Back