Triple Js MMA Lifestyle

jiujitsujayhawk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to get my thread started, but I won't be able to post for about a week because I'll be travelling. After a week layoff of weight training and conditioning, I'm revamping my routine. I currently have an arm injury so my weight training is going to have to wait. But for now, here is my experimental guerilla cardio workout.

GUERILLA CARDIO
Sunday, Tuesday, and Thurday mornings.

Jog for 4 minutes and rest for 10 seconds.
Sprint for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds (repeat this 8 times).
Jog for 4 minutes.

Saturday

4 mile run

MMA
I train MMA on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Currently out of commission for at least 2 weeks.

LIFTING

When my arm is good to go I'll start lifting Sunday and Thursday.

Sunday and Thursday
Dead lift
Dumbbell flies
Dumbbell press
Dumbbell incline press

DIET
I don't follow any special diet. Basically I eat a balanced diet with no carbs after 2 p.m., except a protein smoothie after workouts. I don't eat processed food, sugars, enriched wheat, dairy products. My daily routine is eggs and spinach with steak and juice for breakfast, peanuts for morning snack, heavier carb lunch, fruit snack, and a light dinner, like a salad or beans with a corn tortilla and vegetables. I try to eat as many colors of food as I can each day and eat a lot of fish. I may have to add another meal to get my weight up.
I drink about 4-6 liters of water a day. I don't drink any pop. I like Green Goodness or a comparable substitute at least every other day and a protein shake on the days in between.

SUPPLEMENTS
I am not big on putting chemicals into my body. That includes any medicines. I don't even take tylenol or nyquil. I do use creatine and protein supplements however.

GOALS
My goal is to have some extreme cardio. I want to be the best conditioned athlete in my gym. More quantitatively, I don't ever want to get tired when fighting.
I also want to put on 15 pounds of muscle by the end of this year. I'm currently at 168 -172 and I want to be around 185.

I will be experimenting with adding plyometrics, pilates, and yoga when I get comfortable with this new routine. Also, I do push ups all the time and don't include them because I never count.

Also, I'll be travelling for the next week so I won't be able to make any entries until August 21.

August 10 and 11th

I did guerrilla cardio Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning. It is an amazing workout and really gets your breathing going. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning so I'll be gone for a week.

August 22

No MMA today because I'm still nursing the arm.

Diet
I had a banana and a Green Goodness for breakfast. Rice and black beans for lunch. A banana for a snack. A chicken burrito for dinner. I had about 3 liters of water.

My goal for tomorrow is to run in the morning even though it's going to be raining and hit the heavy bag to test my arm.

August 23

I pussed out and didn't get my morning guerrilla in. I'm really pissed at myself, but oh well, I'll get back at it.

I did my lifting routine today minus the dead lift. My arm started killing me so I cut back a little. I was able to hit the heavy bag with no pain. I worked on snapping my jab and was happy to see that it didn't hurt. I feel like I'll be 100% in the next couple of days.

Diet wise: Protein shake, two eggs, two steaks, salad, two bananas, peanuts, corn, black beans.

August 26

I haven't had time to do much of anything lately because I've been working a lot. Yesterday I did my weights set. Today, I did a 1 1/2 mile long run and 4 quarter mile sprints after wards. I'll train MMA tonite, probably standup, and then take tomorrow off. That vacation and my injury have thrown me off. I've got to focus on getting my mind and body back on the same page. Hopefully, I can stick to my routine starting on Sunday.

As far as diet goes, I have been eating accordingly, except for my vacation. I've upped my protein and calorie intake because I want to add about 15 lbs. I also ordered so xyience supplements to test them out.

Back