Triple H Breaks Character On Live TV To Console A Young Fan

Jon-Jones-gives-Daniel-Cormier-the-DX-Suck-It.jpg

I remember the days when kayfabe was NEVER broken.

I can pinpoint to when it all changed and that was when Owen Hart died and during the live broadcast.
I know there was websites, shoot interviews, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter etc, but that moment really broke it and after that everything changed.

In the good ol days...a heel making a kid cry meant he was getting a raise.

When asked what consoling words the wrestler whispered in his ear, the young fan replied, "Hey, kid, I fucked your mom last night."

Wonder if that kid was Terra Ryzed that Cena was being beaten up hence why Triple H went over.

That kayfabe word and the mention of JBL reminded me of this ridiculous shit:

I can pinpoint to when it all changed and that was when Owen Hart died and during the live broadcast.
I know there was websites, shoot interviews, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter etc, but that moment really broke it and after that everything changed.

When you rename your product "Sports Entertainment" you can't really pretend kayfabe still exists in any meaningful form.

When you rename your product "Sports Entertainment" you can't really pretend kayfabe still exists in any meaningful form.

Yeah, well I haven't watched pro-wrestling in about 7 years, but I loved it when kayfabe still existed and it felt good to read about what was really happening.
When shoot interviews were things to really look forward to.
I used to make a decent amount of money selling those things too!

A friend of mine legit broke his neck letting a friend do Triple H's finishing move to him. Fucked up thing, dude was like 27 at the time. He did a lot of cocaine, also.

If it was 1998 H would have pointed at him laughed and mocked him then tell him to suck it

When i was about ten years old Owen hart gave me the middle finger from the aisle when I asked him why he was beating up a wrestler I liked

A friend of mine legit broke his neck letting a friend do Triple H's finishing move to him. Fucked up thing, dude was like 27 at the time. He did a lot of cocaine, also.

Jon Jones gonna be out with an injury then?

For me, one of the earliest, biggest kayfabe-broken moment was the Madison Square Garden incident with Shawn Michaels, HHH, Diesel and Razor Ramon.

Nah, breaking kayfabe is usually a big wrestling no no. Kid was a Cena fan, saw Cena getting "beat up," and started crying. Triple H was just being a decent person.

In this day and age of "sports entertainment", kayfabe is a thing of the past.

Back