Trinidad vs Cotto?

I can see Cotto moving around Trinidad, winning rounds and preventing him from planting his feet en route to a UD.

Last edited:
I like Tito, but I think Cotto being underrated here. If he didn't have someone to stand right in front of him, Tito had issues. Cotto could box and had good footwork. He wouldn't be getting stopped by Tito.

I like Tito, but I think Cotto being underrated here. If he didn't have someone to stand right in front of him, Tito had issues. Cotto could box and had good footwork. He wouldn't be getting stopped by Tito.
The only guy who beat Cotto that I'd pick Tito to beat would be Trout.

Pacman vs Tito would be pretty awesome
I think it'd look like Pac vs Tony. A little more competitive, maybe. I thought Pac vs Tony was pretty good though.

Now, Tony vs Tito. That would be a battle.

Tito by Ko. Cotto had neither the boxing ability, defense and most of all movement that could give Trinidad problems. If a slow bum like Margarito could find him easy then so would Trinidad. Also, the weakness of Tito's chin is overstated. Yes he was dropped several times but was only legitimately hurt a few times in his career. Probably as many times as Cotto. Tito also had great recuperative powers.

Tito by Ko. Cotto had neither the boxing ability, defense and most of all movement that could give Trinidad problems. If a slow bum like Margarito could find him easy then so would Trinidad. Also, the weakness of Tito's chin is overstated. Yes he was dropped several times but was only legitimately hurt a few times in his career. Probably as many times as Cotto. Tito also had great recuperative powers.
Margarito's pressure > Tito's by a mile. Margarito was no bum.

Its weird to see Cotto be written off.

Margarito's pressure > Tito's by a mile. Margarito was no bum.
I think Tito levels Toni. Not that Toni wasn't a really good fighter, but I don't see him handling Tito's power well.

I think Tito levels Toni. Not that Toni wasn't a really good fighter, but I don't see him handling Tito's power well.
I don't agree. Tony at his best could take a shot like no one Tito fought and no one Tito fought would take him in the trenches like that. Tony outworks him and wins a close decision.

I don't agree. Tony at his best could take a shot like no one Tito fought and no one Tito fought would take him in the trenches like that. Tony outworks him and wins a close decision.
Now we're arguing that Margarito would beat Trinidad. Yikes. Btw, is this the same Margarito that couldn't handle Shane Mosley's power? Blow up lightweight Shane Mosley. Trinidad vs margarito would be a replay of the Campas fight. Margarito is simply too easy to hit.

Last edited:
Now we're arguing that Margarito would beat Trinidad. Yikes. Btw, is this the same Margarito that couldn't handle Shane Mosley's power? Blow up lightweight Shane Mosley.

I always assume we're talking the best version, not the worst. Is this the same Tito that got smacked around by Hopkins?

I always assume we're talking the best version, not the worst. Is this the same Tito that got smacked around by Hopkins?
What makes the Margarito from the mosley fight the worst version? You might have a point if that was post manny Margarito. But it's not so you don't.

What makes the Margarito from the mosley fight the worst version? You might have a point if that was post manny Margarito. But it's not so you don't.
er.... The fact that it was his worst performance?

Shane was a bad fight for Tony, he was a better technician than Tito. I like Tito but he was one dimensional.

er.... The fact that it was his worst performance?

Shane was a bad fight for Tony, he was a better technician than Tito. I like Tito but he was one dimensional.
The reason I brought up the Mosley fight was not as a judgment of his performance but as evidence that he had a chin that someone with Tito's power could crack. Remember you claimed he could withstand Tito's power. Unless now you're going to say Moseley hit harder then Trinidad.

The reason I brought up the Mosley fight was not as a judgment of his performance but as evidence that he had a chin that someone with Tito's power could crack. Remember you claimed he could withstand Tito's power. Unless now you're going to say Moseley hit harder then Trinidad.
Mosley just knew how to beat mexicans. He beat Oscar twice, in fights every bit as close as Oscar's fight with Tito. all of his most notable wins were vs mexicans.

I just think with the controversy surrounding the Mosley fight and the beating Pac put on him makes people forget how good Margarito really was. He was able to walk through Cotto's best shots and break him. He was never visibly shook in either fight and lots of guys have tagged Cotto as the best puncher they fought. Cintron, though not the talent Tito was was a huge puncher too. Tony took his best shots.

Look, I agree that Toni was a good fighter and not some bum. But let's be real here, anybody that uses their face to block punches hte way Toni did is going night night against a guy like Tito. Plus, Toni wouldn't have the distinct size or reach advantage he often did, and Tito had pretty good stamina. This seems like Toni is gonna get blasted.

If they are both in their middleweight incarnations, Tito does him like he did Joppy. :cool::Do_O

I don't wanna hear any "handwraps" foolishness either.:mad:
The real question for me is whether Hector Camacho outboxes a green Cotto at 140lbs?

Last edited:
Going with Cotto. More tools and diversity to his game like Seano said. Tito could absolutely knock him senseless at both 147 and 154 but Cotto is too smart and would be favoured by me to win. Cotto could do it all.

I miss Cotto. What a great fighter to watch, wether he went to war or boxed as good as the best. One of the best examples of a champion, in every sense of the word, in recent years.

I think it'd look like Pac vs Tony. A little more competitive, maybe. I thought Pac vs Tony was pretty good though.

Now, Tony vs Tito. That would be a battle.
Id favor Tony in that one

Back