News Triller offers 1 month of amnesty for anyone who illegally streamed Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren event

The social media company on Monday issued a press release announcing a website has been opened where individuals who illegally streamed the pay-per-view can pay the $49.99 price tag for the event. In exchange, those individuals’ names will be removed from lawsuit, which seeks a $150,000 penalty from every person who pirated the card.

“VPN firewalls all have to comply and turn over the actual IP addresses of each person who stole the fight in discovery,” Matt St. Claire, Head of Piracy for Triller, said in a statement. “We will be able to identify each and every person, VPN or not, as each stream has a unique fingerprint embedded in the content.

“Triller will pursue the full $150,000 penalty per person per instance for anyone who doesn’t do the right thing and pay before the deadline.”

“We are taking this position because it is outright theft,” St. Claire said. “It is no different than walking into a store and stealing a video game off the shelf. In the case of the offending sites, it’s worse, because they also then resold it to many people, illegally profiting from work they do not own.
“We encourage anyone who pirated the event to visit the site before June 1, pay their $49.99 and receive a full and complete release from Triller to avoid further action,”

The website started by Triller will stay open until June 1 to allow anyone seeking to pay the $49.99 in order to remove themselves from the pending litigation. The initial lawsuit filed was seeking $100 million in damages.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/...egally-streamed-jake-paul-vs-ben-askren-event

lol

They wouldn't be granting amnesty if they thought lawsuits would succeed.
I wouldn't be surprised if the "amnesty" is a trap into admitting you stole it.

They wouldn't be granting amnesty if they thought lawsuits would succeed.
I wouldn't be surprised if the "amnesty" is a trap into admitting you stole it.

That's what I was thinking as well. Anybody who pays the amount of the PPV on that site is essentially admitting they pirated the event.

<AckbarTrap>

I'm no legal expert, nowhere near, but I don't think it's possible to sue such a large amount of people. Millions probably pirated that event.

eh, this promotion won't be here next year. I fucking hope not. It's a travesty anyway. I like ass n titties, but they made a mockery of the sport with all that shit being a circus. Good riddance lol.
It was a disgrace to sports ppv. The whole thing was nearly unpalatable

Anyone this would work on was already dumb enough to pay for it or think they're watching a professional boxing match

$150,000 - legal fees 50k = $100,000 = 2,000x$50 payments.

If these dudes were confident that they could catch even 1/2,000 streamers then it wouldn't be smart to offer a $50 settlement lol. Clearly they have no expectation to catch even 1 in 1,000, and almost everything they said in that statement is an outright lie. They sound desperate af, no way they sold anything close to 1 million PPVs, it's even possible that they made no money at all.

Seems like around here on Sherdog, you are an idiot if you actually pay for a PPV and you are super cool or it's "the norm" to steal it or watch for free.
Since most sherdoggers are 6’4+ and 250+ with 4% body fat they obviously spend all of their time in the gym and on supplements. No money left for fights after that. The life of a sherbro is expensive

$150,000 - legal fees 50k = $100,000 = 2,000x$50 payments.

If these dudes were confident that they could catch even 1/2,000 streamers then it wouldn't be smart to offer a $50 settlement lol. Clearly they have no expectation to catch even 1 in 1,000, and almost everything they said in that statement is an outright lie. They sound desperate af, no way they sold anything close to 1 million PPVs, it's even possible that they made no money at all.
Buddy they are threatening 150k from each person.

Buddy they are threatening 150k from each person.

Yeah that’s the point. If they caught 1 person out of 2,000 streamers and had them pay $150,000, that would make a lot more money than letting everyone off the hook for $50. Even 2,000 people giving you $50 is $100k in total, which is less than the theoretical penalty of a single guy. So, 1 single guy caught > 2,000 guys off the hook. Assuming millions of people streamed, they would only need to successfully sue a few to in order make millions of dollars. They have no way of doing that to anyone, which is why they are begging for $50 buckos.

Last edited:
They should all go to jail, not for streaming but just for watching that horrible trainwreck of a pretend boxing concert
What if, what if...i only tuned for the actual fights? i have no idea who where like 3/4 of the performers there, neither i tuned for them, i went back to watching the UFC.

Yeah that’s the point. If they caught 1 person out of 2,000 streamers and had them pay $150,000, that would make a lot more money than letting everyone off the hook for $50. Even 2,000 people giving you $50 is $100k in total, which is less than the theoretical penalty of a single guy. They have no way of doing that to anyone, which is why they are begging for $50 buckos.
Oh ok I saw others that were confused thinking it was 150k total. Yeah it’s completely ridiculous. They probably have the entertainers/fighters asking for money and there is none.

That's what I was thinking as well. Anybody who pays the amount of the PPV on that site is essentially admitting they pirated the event.

<AckbarTrap>

I'm no legal expert, nowhere near, but I don't think it's possible to sue such a large amount of people. Millions probably pirated that event.

Definitely. The best chance they have to recoup losses is get a few hundred people to admit they pirated, and pay that $50 as a down payment on the $150,000 they’re threatening with. Their chances of pinning this on 1,000 guys who do the amnesty thing and getting $15 mill out of it is astronomically higher than tracking down even one viewer’s “IP address fingerprint”

I think theyre really scourging for money after spending so much on the event. even hunting down internet comments.
Bro. The ufc is suffering at suchhhhh a higher number compared to triller. If this were actually the case, where vpn companies “had” to release your IP address, that money hungry fuck Dana white would’ve already done that.

“VPN firewalls all have to comply and turn over the actual IP addresses of each person who stole the fight in discovery,” Matt St. Claire, Head of Piracy for Triller, said in a statement. “We will be able to identify each and every person, VPN or not, as each stream has a unique fingerprint embedded in the content.

tenor.gif

Back