Triller done with Boxing

I really drug the Triad idea, or atleast some boxing MMA hybrid where two combatants from each sport can find a meeting spot. MMA fighters going to boxing and boxers coming to MMÀ is not fair.

The meeting spot between boxing and MMA is called MMA.

You seem to have missed the entire premise of the sport.

The meeting spot between boxing and MMA is called MMA.

You seem to have missed the entire premise of the sport.
Even kick boxing is more an even meeting point than MMA. In Triad *Team MMA* greatly over performed and the teams ended up tied at the end. If they did kick boxing it would have been a wope out for team MMA. When there is no constant ref breaks, when you can fight from the clinch, when you have smaller gloves, everything changes.

And let's face it, boxers won't even sign up to get their legs chewed up even in kick boxing. Triad was the closest we saw at getting relevant names in each sport to throw down in a new rule set that seemed to be pretty fair. Only way we gonna see boxers vs MMA fighters from now on will be in boxing, or if lucky bare knuckle. None will get James Tony'd again.

In all seriousness, you can't even add in leg kicks and call it fair. Boxers don't look for any of that stuff and can't undo a decade or two of training and incorporate something other than hand strikes. Can't defend or even watch for leg kicks, even. Boxing is a one-trick pony (hands) sport and while also not "fair", the other combatant is simply dialing down to hands only, not doing anything "new" which the boxer would be forced to in any other format.
But I know what you mean in that they are refined and so skilled with their hands that in a hands-only event, it makes it very hard to box a boxer for someone from another discipline(s).
It is what it is, though.

youre telling me a service that massively overspends on events and doesnt pay their fighters has opted out of the fight business? well isnt that a shocker

Don’t they now own/have a huge share in BKFC? Will that go away if they’re done with boxing?

youre telling me a service that massively overspends on events and doesnt pay their fighters has opted out of the fight business? well isnt that a shocker
They weren’t here for a long time, they were here for a good time.

Too bad they just had a mediocre time.

It seems like boxing is in trouble. DAZN bet the farm on Canelo-GGG and that has run its course. Top Rank bet big on Fury and he's got no more than a few fights left. There are some interesting HWs out there in Uysk, Joshua and Wilder but not compelling young blood. Its a good HW era but its going to age out soon.

There is a handful of lightweights and welterweights people want to see. Inoue in the lower weights. No under 25 prospects of note, even Ryan Garcia is over 25.

Back