Triller “Triad Combat” Mir vs Pulev 11/27

Was that the one where Fedor knocked AA's head into the stands? I feel like Vitor destroyed somebody on that card too but I could be off on which Afflictions they were on. I do remember Affliction shirts very well, those were super gay.

If I remember correctly he bodied Matt Lindland really badly.

Triad needs to add in more weapons for MMA fighters. The boxers they had fighting were serious garbage and all way past their prime. Any top 20 boxer under 35 will beat any UFC fighter under these rules badly and by KO. If they add a few more strikes it should level it out more. At end of the day this was basically boxing with shorter rounds and extended clinching.

Lol... Not even close. It easily could have been 6-1 in favor of MMA The unofficial score card even had it that way.

The first fight of the the night was close, but was a split decision that went the wrong way in favor of the boxer

The Perry Seals fight was close, but Mike Perry landed more strikes and controlled the Ring more vs the 28-4 pro boxer

Tumenov is not a pro boxer, he's never had a pro bout, but has been fighting pro MMA (26-4) since 2011. He's an mma fighter that trained boxing and Karate as a kid.

The retried 44 year old journeyman Matt Mitrione knocked down 24-3 30 year old Alexander Florez and controlled the pace whole fight. It wasn't a roberry, but the BOXING judges gave it to him due to Florez landing the cleaner punches throughout the fight. Not the worst decision in the world, but MMA judges would have easily gave it Mitrione.

Overall in a ruleset that heavily favored the boxers, team MMA got the W. Imagine the slaughter this would have been if leg kicks and elbow were allowed. Mir also had no business to be in their with Pulev. That would have been like putting Isreal Addesanya in a kick boxing match with the current Roy Jones Jr.
The girl fight was a 40 year old women who's 0-4 in boxing. She was there for fodder. Tumenov is a boxer and has been doing it since he was 6. He doesnt submit anyone in MMA. Never has. He throws hands. Hes a boxer doing MMA, his words.
Seals beat Perry. Awful decision there
And Pulev, the only thing that mattered, took home the highlight real KO and left Mir in the hospital.
And Mitirone tried to clinch for the last 4 rounds. You dont win fights that way. As Mitirone said in the conference the other day "Wrestling isnt fighting" then goes on and tries to wrestle.

Was that the one where Fedor knocked AA's head into the stands? I feel like Vitor destroyed somebody on that card too but I could be off on which Afflictions they were on. I do remember Affliction shirts very well, those were super gay.
I believe the first one was where Fedor rocked the Stainy Yak and then wind choked him. IIRC there was a three song set played by Megadeth as an intermission.

Fedor fought Arlovski in the 2nd event.

Vitor KOed.... someone in the 1st, I believe.

Basically, the whole 'Live metal band playing songs inbetween fights,' the oddity of seeing weird ring used for a combat sport it wasn't supposed to be used for, and a former UFC champ getting finished in the 1st round, easily, by a foreign fighter American audiences had no idea who he was.

Fedor fought Arlovski in the 2nd event.

Vitor KOed.... someone in the 1st, I believe.

Basically, the whole 'Live metal band playing songs inbetween fights,' the oddity of seeing weird ring used for a combat sport it wasn't supposed to be used for, and a former UFC champ getting finished in the 1st round, easily, by a foreign fighter American audiences had no idea who he was.
Here is the card. Omfg it was Terry Martin that Vitor knocked out. I’ll be honest, at the time, given how Vitor had fallen off, not a bad match to make.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affliction:_Banned

The girl fight was a 40 year old women who's 0-4 in boxing. She was there for fodder. Tumenov is a boxer and has been doing it since he was 6. He doesnt submit anyone in MMA. Never has. He throws hands. Hes a boxer doing MMA, his words.
Seals beat Perry. Awful decision there
And Pulev, the only thing that mattered, took home the highlight real KO and left Mir in the hospital.
And Mitirone tried to clinch for the last 4 rounds. You dont win fights that way. As Mitirone said in the conference the other day "Wrestling isnt fighting" then goes on and tries to wrestle.
You pretty much trying to justify why boxing got dominated. OK....It's not like you had some top level MMA fighters competing with boxers (Mir is a corpse at this point), they were pretty average by mma standards fighters as well, so the boxers they went against were about on equal grounds. And the rules were still heavily favoring boxers....give mma fighters some elbows, a bit more freedom in clinches, and its game over for boxers completely.

Any boxer in their prime will beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match. I'm glad this was a lop-sided affair because the MMA guys were gloating about wins against shot boxers in a lowbrow "bare knuckle" contest.

You pretty much trying to justify why boxing got dominated. OK....It's not like you had some top level MMA fighters competing with boxers (Mir is a corpse at this point), they were pretty average by mma standards fighters as well, so the boxers they went against were about on equal grounds. And the rules were still heavily favoring boxers....give mma fighters some elbows, a bit more freedom in clinches, and its game over for boxers completely.
I think all that this proves is ....MMA striking is decent enough to hang with C to B- level pro boxers at best. Which is honestly impressive. Not sure why adults are buying into the whole "TEAM MMA VS TEAM BOXING JUST BLEED MONSTER ENERGY CONDOM DEPOT METALLICA GRRRRRRR AHHHHH" forced bullshit.

Last edited:
I think all that this proves is ....MMA striking is decent enough to hang with C to B- level pro boxers at best. Which is honestly impressive. Not sure why adults are buying into the who "TEAM MMA VS TEAM BOXING JUST BLEED MONSTER ENERGY CONDOM DEPOT METALLICA GRRRRRRR AHHHHH" forced bullshit.
Yes, true as well.

It's entertainment overall, they just capitalized on fan bases and added a layer of interest with mma vs boxing, which is fine in my eyes. Good Marketing.

Dominated? It was 4-3 with a robbery and a girl fight. How is that dominated?
And Game over completely yet boxers have the winning percentage in MMA. Jeremy William's went 5-0 in MMA. Ray Mercer took a leg kick and then KOd Tim Sylvia in 1 punch.
Benji Radach got KOd by a guy who did boxing part time.
Laverne Clark going 4-1 in the UFC.
Why didnt they get dominated?
And Mir said he was gonna clinch his way to victory and got outworked in the clinch and then blasted.

This is Pulev country now.
We are all Pulev.

Dominated? It was 4-3 with a robbery and a girl fight. How is that dominated?
And Game over completely yet boxers have the winning percentage in MMA. Jeremy William's went 5-0 in MMA. Ray Mercer took a leg kick and then KOd Tim Sylvia in 1 punch.
Benji Radach got KOd by a guy who did boxing part time.
Laverne Clark going 4-1 in the UFC.
Why didnt they get dominated?
And Mir said he was gonna clinch his way to victory and got outworked in the clinch and then blasted.

This is Pulev country now.
We are all Pulev.
You lack any objectivity for me to continue this conversation. Good day to you sir.

Also in fairness the arbitrary team scoring system created by Triad means nothing.
& I think Shannon could seriously hurt Rampage.
Rampage looked horrible against Fedor.

If I remember correctly he bodied Matt Lindland really badly.

Triad needs to add in more weapons for MMA fighters. The boxers they had fighting were serious garbage and all way past their prime. Any top 20 boxer under 35 will beat any UFC fighter under these rules badly and by KO. If they add a few more strikes it should level it out more. At end of the day this was basically boxing with shorter rounds and extended clinching.

And the MMA fighters weren't also garbage and/or way passed their prime?

Boxing isn't as deep as you claim.. There's lots of guys in the top 20 of their weight class that would struggle badly and probably lose to the better MMA boxers--even with boxing rules.

Boxing isn't as deep as you claim.. There's lots of guys in the top 20 of their weight class that would struggle badly and probably lose to the better MMA boxers--even with boxing rules.
None of those guys were top 20 in their weight class. Bryan Vera is ranked 243 in the Super Middle weight division right now.
Harry Gigliotti who beat his MMA opponent. Hes 273 in the light weight division.
Alexander Flores, who beat Mitirone. 103rd ranked HW.
The girl "boxer" named Angelina Hoffschneider. Is ranked 125th out of 148 registered bantamweight women boxers in the world. Strictly out of the US. She is 14th out of 14th. She is the worse boxer at bantamweight in America and one of the worst in the world.

Kubrat Pulev is 10th at HW and we all saw what happen. So no, MMA isnt beating any top 20 boxer in boxing rules.

I think (like a few on here) that the rules certainly still favour the boxers.
Putting kicks in would be pointless and just lead to boring James Toney style mismatches where MMA/MT guys sit on the outside peppering with low kicks.
What could work would be allowing elbows (and even head butts) both in an out of the clinch to make it more dangerous for the boxers on the inside (plus the triangle ring is just silly).

Any boxer in their prime will beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match. I'm glad this was a lop-sided affair because the MMA guys were gloating about wins against shot boxers in a lowbrow "bare knuckle" contest.
lmao, I actually prefer this than BKFC....The rounds there are too short and less dirty boxing.

None of those guys were top 20 in their weight class. Bryan Vera is ranked 243 in the Super Middle weight division right now.
Harry Gigliotti who beat his MMA opponent. Hes 273 in the light weight division.
Alexander Flores, who beat Mitirone. 103rd ranked HW.
The girl "boxer" named Angelina Hoffschneider. Is ranked 125th out of 148 registered bantamweight women boxers in the world. Strictly out of the US. She is 14th out of 14th. She is the worse boxer at bantamweight in America and one of the worst in the world.

Kubrat Pulev is 10th at HW and we all saw what happen. So no, MMA isnt beating any top 20 boxer in boxing rules.
Gigliotti actually impressed me for being such a low ranked pro. You could see the difference in combinations compared to an MMA guy.

I also thought SEALS won over MP....That was a bullshit robbery.

Even at HW (where there's always the chance of a KO either way) that's just nonsense.
Ngannou is the best MMA brawler and loses 9 times out of 10 to any active top 20 boxer under boxing or triller rules. Pulev would catch him coming in wild with ease.

Terrible take. The only boxers that were live bodies were throwing the MMA guys around in the clinch. Do you think they can't use elbows and kicks as well?

The only relatively good boxer won with ease and would've KOed the whole MMA team back to back.

I think the interesting thing everyone in missing is just how individual combat sports really is. Tumenov looked like he could really make a run in boxing. The way Pulev looked in the clinches I think he would be able to make a strong run in MMA as well.

No rule changes other than grappling on the floor being allowed will make these fights mismatches. If the rules stay as they are, any decent boxer with power who fights will KO anyone from the MMA world (excluding guys like Yan, Silva with strong boxing background)

I think if they do this again with live bodies people will be surprised that the boxers are way better at fighting and the MMA guys are way better at boxing than the average opinion would suggest.

Combat sports are individual. Some boxers could fight in MMA and look absolutely horrible, some could fight in MMA and rack up a bunch of wins and it goes both ways.

Back