Triller “Triad Combat” Mir vs Pulev 11/27

If some body enters Ring Who cant Box really vs a Boxer, guess Who win.

lol I really thought I was the first one to notice the Frank Mir, Mortal Kombat dizzy motion.

Not quite Boxing, not quite MMA, I gotta say that its not bad so far. Its serving its purpose and is honestly more entertaining then some mma and boxing events ive seen in the past year.

If MMA guys want to do crossover fights with boxers, this is at least a more level playing field. I was really skeptical about this but actually enjoyed it.

I dont like the ring though. They should just do a smaller boxing ring

Last edited:
One was a chick fight. Doesnt count since they had some cashier as a "boxer"
One was a robbery. Seals should've got the win.
One was an actual boxer for MMA, so that doesnt count.
So really it was 3-1 boxing.
Wooooooooo

And let's be honest. Pulev-Mir is the only one that mattered and Pulev hit him harder than hes ever been hit, his own words.

Lol... Not even close. It easily could have been 6-1 in favor of MMA The unofficial score card even had it that way.

The first fight of the the night was close, but was a split decision that went the wrong way in favor of the boxer

The Perry Seals fight was close, but Mike Perry landed more strikes and controlled the Ring more vs the 28-4 pro boxer

Tumenov is not a pro boxer, he's never had a pro bout, but has been fighting pro MMA (26-4) since 2011. He's an mma fighter that trained boxing and Karate as a kid.

The retried 44 year old journeyman Matt Mitrione knocked down 24-3 30 year old Alexander Florez and controlled the pace whole fight. It wasn't a roberry, but the BOXING judges gave it to him due to Florez landing the cleaner punches throughout the fight. Not the worst decision in the world, but MMA judges would have easily gave it Mitrione.

Overall in a ruleset that heavily favored the boxers, team MMA got the W. Imagine the slaughter this would have been if leg kicks and elbow were allowed. Mir also had no business to be in their with Pulev. That would have been like putting Isreal Addesanya in a kick boxing match with the current Roy Jones Jr.

If MMA guys want to do crossover fights with boxers, this is at least a more level playing field. I was really skeptical about this but actually enjoyed it.
I dont like the ring though. They should just do a smaller boxing ring
It is but it still favors the boxer. In reality it should be thai/kick rules for a fair playing field (if it isnt a former fighter in that discipline, like Filipovic/Hunt etc). Mir vs Pulev was a very dangerous mismatch even with these rules, Mir is done as a fighter, Pulev is knocking heads still. If Pulev had kick/knees to think about it would've been different, but even then, he faced a fighter whos best days were years ago. Mismatch just like Belfort vs Holyfield, feels like they wanted revenge on MMA.
At the end of the day, Mir knew what he signed up for. It just dont think these rules gives a fair playing field, add atleast one more attack. Standing elbow, knee, kick, throw.

Lol... Not even close. It easily could have been 6-1 in favor of MMA The unofficial score card even had it that way.

The first fight of the the night was close, but was a split decision that went the wrong way in favor of the boxer

The Perry Seals fight was close, but Mike Perry landed more strikes and controlled the Ring more vs the 28-4 pro boxer

Tumenov is not a pro boxer, he's never had a pro bout, but has been fighting pro MMA (26-4) since 2011. He's an mma fighter that trained boxing and Karate as a kid.

The retried 44 year old journeyman Matt Mitrione knocked down 24-3 30 year old Alexander Florez and controlled the pace whole fight. It wasn't a roberry, but the BOXING judges gave it to him due to Florez landing the cleaner punches throughout the fight. Not the worst decision in the world, but MMA judges would have easily gave it Mitrione.

Overall in a ruleset that heavily favored the boxers, team MMA got the W. Imagine the slaughter this would have been if leg kicks and elbow were allowed. Mir also had no business to be in their with Pulev. That would have been like putting Isreal Addesanya in a kick boxing match with the current Roy Jones Jr.
Yeah, boxing didnt bring the A-team but we could say B-team..? While MMA was pretty much semi-retired fighters, and thats a fact.
Usman would get killed by Alvarez but still suprised that the mma-guys did this well.

It is but it still favors the boxer. In reality it should be thai/kick rules for a fair playing field (if it isnt a former fighter in that discipline, like Filipovic/Hunt etc). Mir vs Pulev was a very dangerous mismatch even with these rules, Mir is done as a fighter, Pulev is knocking heads still. If Pulev had kick/knees to think about it would've been different, but even then, he faced a fighter whos best days were years ago. Mismatch just like Belfort vs Holyfield, feels like they wanted revenge on MMA.
At the end of the day, Mir knew what he signed up for. It just dont think these rules gives a fair playing field, add atleast one more attack. Standing elbow, knee, kick, throw.

i said it’s a more level playing field, not a level playing field. It certainly still favours the boxer

The smaller gloves are a potential banana skin for boxers who are used to larger gloves. Obviously Low kicks would certainly even things up but you’re not going to get an active boxer like pulev risking the rest of his boxing career for a fcked up knee. Otherwise this is just gonna be washed up/journeymen boxers fighting. Who really wants to see that

People love freakshow stuff. I admit that I will watch it, if my butler can find a stream, but I won't respect myself after. We all know the boxers are going to win, and the rule set does little to nothing to help the MMA guys. Mir said he plans to spend 90% of the fight in the clinch. I suspect he will be ko'd with an uppercut in the first round if he does that. I hope Perry has his gf in his corner again, cause he's losing no matter who he has in there. Home field advantage is a yuge deal here, and this is basically boxing.

most of the boxers lost and perry won despite going to lose no matter what. How did that happen?

Yeah, boxing didnt bring the A-team but we could say B-team..? While MMA was pretty much semi-retired fighters, and thats a fact.
Usman would get killed by Alvarez but still suprised that the mma-guys did this well.

I would consider Pulev A team as he fought for the world title in boxing his last fight, and is a top 10 ranked boxer, but other than that I would say you're spot on. I also agree that Usman doesn't belong anywhere near a boxing ring when it comes to Canelo.

Love both sports but was really impressed with Campos head movement and counters -dude had some crisp boxing for an MMA guy

Boxers are scared to fight MMA fighters in anything other than matches where the rules purely favour them. Triad is a joke tbh, the MMA guys not only held their own but aside from Mir, all of them looked comfortable to the point of boredom. Baring in mind none of the MMA guys besides Mitrione and Perry are known stand up finishers, and even then neither were gold standard MMA fighters. Boxing took a huge L and showed that they don't deserve the pay that they get for much less work.

Boxers are scared to fight MMA fighters in anything other than matches where the rules purely favour them. Triad is a joke tbh, the MMA guys not only held their own but aside from Mir, all of them looked comfortable to the point of boredom. Baring in mind none of the MMA guys besides Mitrione and Perry are known stand up finishers, and even then neither were gold standard MMA fighters. Boxing took a huge L and showed that they don't deserve the pay that they get for much less work.

The post that the event deserves

Boxers arent clamouring to fight crossover fights, MMA fighters are. So your point is irrelevant.
And it seems MMA fans are far more interested in these fights than boxing fans are. Fighters should stay in their fuckin lanes

I think the boxers committed some heinous crimes letting their guys get close and wrestle with them so much. Some real flat footed showings. Pulev circled off and kept up the jab and 1-2 better than anyone and won easily against an inferior puncher.

I'd watch another event

Boxers arent clamouring to fight crossover fights, MMA fighters are. So your point is irrelevant.
And it seems MMA fans are far more interested in these fights than boxing fans are. Fighters should stay in their fuckin lanes
Wat

The only thing anyone will remember about this event was Mir getting embarrassed.

Watching bits of the event I started to get 'Affliction' flashbacks on the 1st event back in 2008.

Watching bits of the event I started to get 'Affliction' flashbacks on the 1st event back in 2008.
Was that the one where Fedor knocked AA's head into the stands? I feel like Vitor destroyed somebody on that card too but I could be off on which Afflictions they were on. I do remember Affliction shirts very well, those were super gay.

Back