Triller “Triad Combat” Mir vs Pulev 11/27

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Karl_Hungus Purple Belt

Yeah, I was reading about this earlier. Looks intredasting in a weird, freakshow, way. The Metallica part reeks of Affliction and Megadeth, but I still like it cause metal rules. I will watch this freakshow shit, but I won't be proud of it.

2. Cariñito Brown Belt

Metallica is a very popular band.
    I thought someone was just being funny by saying that. Didnt know they were performing.

3. Karl_Hungus Purple Belt

I meant to put this link in my first post in this thread, but I forgot. Was reading that earlier. I'm ok with it, but it seems very Affliction-ish. Crossed with a Yamma pit or something.

Cariñito likes this.
  4. Cariñito Brown Belt

Theres a double hate with that. One is that Sylvia got destroyed by Ray Mercer and that irks MMA fans when you bring it up.
    And even worse is when you tag @Seano with it, it brings a certain type of ppl out.
    There are ppl I have no idea who they are, but if I said Seano, they come unglued.

adamh8969 likes this.
  5. PHATV Boss Belt Platinum Member

lol

I thought the same on this bout actually, but really do wish the commissions would put an end to it/stop sanctioning if they've been off a certain length of time. I'm torn. I hate to not let them make a stack, but Vitor/Holyfield is a good example. Somebody is going to get hurt. Once Holyfield was stumbling, VItor was swinging for the fucking fences, trying to take his head off. A more nuanced approach at that point would surely have sufficed, you feel me? I don't want to see anybody get hurt. I don't worry for the young, well-trained guys in the ring, but these guys aren't them. But that's kinda why I'd like to see Pulev wreck Vitor, however unlikely. The Holyfield "fight".

HHJ and WklySportsMemes like this.
  6. Mr2urbo Black Belt

I always thought leveling the playing field for an mma fighter vs a boxer fight would be no strikes once the fight hits the ground, and no kicks allowed at all (the majority of boxers if not all of them would lose to just kicks alone), may sound retarded but not as retarded as triad combat

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  7. WklySportsMemes Black Belt

I too would love to see what a high level legit boxing contender would do to Vitor.

The Holyfield post fight antics with the political theme was totally nauseating and cringe.

PHATV and sweetviolenturg like this.
  8. BoxingMMA Brown Belt

I hope “new rules” means some crazy shit like alternating rounds between boxing and mma. Wouldn’t put it past triller

9. svmVR2097 Brown Belt

18x18, 4 oz gloves, 5X 5 minute rounds idk

10. Cariñito Brown Belt

Ray Mercer got kicked by Tim "GOAT" Sylvia. Tim was knocked out 4 seconds later.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  11. HaulParris Gold Belt

They're going to play the original "Rise of the Triad" computer game against each other:

[​IMG]

Minowafanatic and borntoloseNOT like this.
  12. CatchnShoot Silver Belt

I don’t know why, Seano’s good people...despite an I nate inability to score a fight. ;)

13. Hagler Man of wealth and taste Platinum Member

Can’t hate anything with Pulev and Metallica in it, and I hate it.

HHJ, PHATV, RedGloves and 3 others like this.
  14. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Enter the triad where boxing meets long bouts of missionary. Pass.

15. cmw43 Bad Boys Club

He'll absolutely murder him unless they're allowing kicks under some crazy rules.

Hagler likes this.
  16. Hagler Man of wealth and taste Platinum Member

But Belfort’s hands KOed Tank Abbott and Scott Ferrozzo !!11

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    cmw43 likes this.
  17. Stuart0502 Blue Belt

If it was Pulev vs juiced HW Belfort in regular boxing then I’d guess Belfort would get outboxed for three or four rounds before he gasses and gets finished. Of course there’s a fair chance he gets stiffened before that.

Not sure about these new rules, if it’s boxing + dirty boxing then I don’t think that will make much of a difference, that’s not Vitors game.

18. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

Sounds like mma with a few additional rules!

I would rather they box tbh. Pulev is still young enough to absolutely wreck Belfort. Maybe then we can stop people like jds wasting everyone’s time calling out the HW champion. It’s getting ridiculous

19. KAZSoliloquy Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

i feel the exact opposite lmao not a guy i’d ever hang out with or be friends with but he’s the most consistently rational & correct poster on the boxing forum. dude knows his boxing. occasionally biased but is usually pretty up front about it.

20. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

I actually think Sean's probably an underrated hang. He can play instruments and shit, you can talk to him about boxing and he has no shortage of hot takes, and most of all he smokes weed (allegedly). A lot of ppl out there way lamer than that imo.

Smashus Clay and ironfist05 like this.