Tried the 1 meal a day diet?

goldbelt**

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone tried Herschel Walker's diet? Salad and soup one time a day?

I eat one meal a day, I don't eat red meat, I eat a salad and soup. And most every nutritionist in the world just tell me, "You can't do that, you can't do that". And my thing is, guys, I've been doing this for over 20-something years. It's not something that I just started doing it because I was doing MMA fighting, I was doing it when I was playing football.

That one meal is around eight, nine o'clock at night, and no I don't eat anything the rest of the day. I may have water or some type of juice but that's it. I've been doing one meal a day since I was about 18, so it's not something that I just started; I started it when I was young but I really started it when I was like 16. And because I was graduating high school earlier and I was able to leave school to go to work and I wanted to work that extra hour, because I wanted to work, so I left and didn't eat lunch and I left home early to get to school early, didn't eat breakfast, so my body got adapted to it, so I didn't eat. And when I got to college, you know I was trying to keep my grades up, I was a pretty good student, I was valedictorian of my class, so I wanted to study more and not eat. So I didn't eat that time and I got to pro ball, I was always trying to work more and learn more and work out, so I didn't eat then, so my body got used to it. And today I don't think about food.

http://youtu.be/RTbm-8dMJ7I

Not even Herschel Walker eats like this.

herschel walker is a freak of nature and if you try to imitate him, you will not see the same results, because chances are you are not a freak of nature.

wtf....no chance you'd be getting enough nutrition with that shit, one meal.....salad and soup and only once a day....lol

lol, if its a 6000 calorie soup and salad its possible.

The man is bi-polar. Which has pathological lying as a potential symptom.

Either that, or I want some of that soup.

Veg. Beef stew (its not red meat if it's cooked right???)

or chicken en pot.. you know the the entire chicken in soup with all sorts of veggies.. normally served for 4-6 ppl

highly doubt it's broth and lettuce.

I doubt his story but if it is true there is no way a normal person can live like this. Herschal Walker, though, is not a normal person. First off he is suffering from bi-polar disorder, so he is probably lying. Second he as Celerarus said he is a freak of nature. I doubt you are a freak of nature or you would be a pro in some sport.

Veg. Beef stew (its not red meat if it's cooked right???)

or chicken en pot.. you know the the entire chicken in soup with all sorts of veggies.. normally served for 4-6 ppl

highly doubt it's broth and lettuce.

He's also vegetarian.

i'm a little skeptical about the "salad and soup", namely that he couldn't get nearly enough calories to maintain his shape and daily routines, but one meal a day i can buy into. it's kind of like the warrior diet but even more extreme, instead of a four hour window it's literally just one big meal. i've done it before and you actually feel really good after adjusting, your mind almost feels heightened in a fasted state as a matter of fact, but getting in 2-3k calories in a sitting puts you out of commission for a couple hours. i've also tried doing 2-3k calories without carbs and it's the most disgusting thing ever.

Back