Tried Ramadan for a day.

The crazy part is that people still believe in such utter shit.
Do you mean the religious aspect of it? Religion as a whole?
Any way fasting is supposedly super healthy for the body. But Ramadan isn’t your classical fast, as you actually get to eat and drink two times a day. It’s like intermittent fasting.

Do you mean the religious aspect of it? Religion as a whole?
Any way fasting is supposedly super healthy for the body. But Ramadan isn’t your classical fast, as you actually get to eat and drink two times a day. It’s like intermittent fasting.
Religion as a whole. If you want to fast for health reasons then by all means go for it. But doing so because it some holy reason is just whimsical.

Religion as a whole. If you want to fast for health reasons then by all means go for it. But doing so because it some holy reason is just whimsical.
I get what you mean. One of the biggest problems many of these people are scared that if they don’t do that (and many other things) then It’s a sin. God may even be upset with them or punish them according to their beliefs. These kinds of beliefs are just so so wrong. I mean even if they believe in God/s, don’t they see that this kind of God (one that punishes and destroys) is no good? Why would you worship someone like that? It’s all crazy to me.

I get what you mean. One of the biggest problems many of these people are scared that if they don’t do that (and many other things) then It’s a sin. God may even be upset with them or punish them according to their beliefs. These kinds of beliefs are just so so wrong. I mean even if they believe in God/s, don’t they see that this kind of God (one that punishes and destroys) is no good? Why would you worship someone like that? It’s all crazy to me.
It isn’t just a sin for most of them, it is cultural* and the fear of losing their loved ones if they leave their religion.

Ask a Muslim what they will think if their child comes up to them and says I don’t believe in Islam anymore, will you be okay with that?

Last edited:
It isn’t just a sin for most of them, it is culturally and the fear of losing their loved ones if they leave their religion.

Ask a Muslim what they will think if their child comes up to them and says I don’t believe in Islam anymore, will you be okay with that?
Yeah I know man. It sucks. I live in Israel (unfortunately) and it’s the same for both Jews and Muslims here.
I know that the more religious families usually cast out the family member that is “falling out” of faith/belief and a lot of times they even consider him dead. <{cruzshake}>

I doubt that....

Most people confuse Sharia Law with something called Huddud Law. I'm sensing that is the case here. Huddud Law is what the Taliban and other Islamic groups utilize to govern themselves. This is where the term "Muslim Extremists" comes from. The ironic thing is those laws in the Huddud directly contradict actual Sharia Law. Muslims by nature, are a very peaceful people that value community, helping each other out, having close relationships and also searching for their God through prayer and sacrifice.

Odin doesn't care when I eat, as long as I raided a village to get it.

Man, you muslim guys are crazy. I did this for today only, and I’m all fucked up. How you guys are able to go to work and work out with 100% intensity is beyond what I can fathom. The first drops of water felt like the best Cognac I’ve ever tasted.
Respect to you guys. I will try a whole month next year.
Appreciated. It gets easier after the first two days.

It would be really hard for Muslims living in near arctic places like Alaska or Scandinavia if it fell in summer. I grew up in northern Alberta not far from the boundary of the Arctic circle and during summer solstice in late June the sun goes down at like 12:45am and starts rising again at like 2:15am. A June Ramadan there would fucking suck

I did it five years in a row when I dated a Muslim girl in singapore.

I got up at 430 to eat then work out, I dropped down to like 155/165 which was way to skinny for me

sounds hard but after a couple days you get used to it
I really couldn't imagine you at that weight, your arms are pretty impressive ( assume still) . That would be really odd.

Man, you muslim guys are crazy. I did this for today only, and I’m all fucked up. How you guys are able to go to work and work out with 100% intensity is beyond what I can fathom. The first drops of water felt like the best Cognac I’ve ever tasted.
Respect to you guys. I will try a whole month next year.
It's called intermittent fasting brah.

Look in to it

<EdgyBrah>

Ramadan was a pain in the ass overseas. Damn dudes would step up their attacks on us despite starving all day for a month. Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends became Wake Me Up When Ramadan Ends in 05.

Hangry attacks basically, extra irritability from all that missing food and water.

Is it not just fasting for a day, rather than Ramadan for a day? Pretty sure there are other things that encompass what Ramadan is about than just not eating.

Like buying a random tree and putting it in your house for a day doesn't mean you did Christmas.
Really underrated post.

Back