Trice, Honeycutt, Lahat, Banks, Kato, Chidi No Longer Under Bellator Contract

Most seem like a good fit to end up in PFL. Trice is most surprising one, he's 4-0.

I still believe Kato was made to be a job for Joe schilling. His initial contract was a 1 fight Deal If im not wrong.

He managed to stack up though...

PFL should get Hisaki Kato and Chidi Njokuani. If they wanna bring back middleweight, they need dudes like them.

Jarod Trice and Carrington Banks. I remember when they were gonna be the future of Bellator and all of MMA lol. I could see Trice on Contender Series or something. Banks will probably be on the PFL or simply work his way up to the UFC.

Last edited:
Surprising... the undercards are stacked with debut or several fight guys and main card isn't always much better... Got to clear cap space for the next tournament payout I guess.

I still believe Kato was made to be a job for Joe schilling. His initial contract was a 1 fight Deal If im not wrong.

He managed to stack up though...
Hisaki Kato is tailor-made for ONE Championship with all their "marital arts" mumbo jumbo. Kudo black belt and not a trash-talking bone in his body. He has the best options out of these fighters, IMO.

Every other promotion outside of UFC/Bellator has a weak middleweight division. I'm sure they'd like to have someone like Kato on their roster.

That Schilling KO did him a lot of favors.

Kato is not a surprise. Been doing a number of kickboxing fights lately.

Surprised about Lahat. He was one of the focal points for their Israel events.

Kato came on the scene hot but he has been producing some stinkers lately.

Honeycutt was given all the time in the world to jump from prospect to contender but couldn't do it.

Trice is surprising

Hahaha, gotta make room for that UFC waiver wire. If Rey Sefo wasn't so lazy and unscrupulous by trying to persuade every potential fighter to sign with Ali Abdelaziz, the PFL could add released MMA fighters like this and could really grow beyond just doing their regular season and tournament gig and end up doing the regular season and tournament gig and add feature fight cards throughout the entire year. Oh well.

Last edited:
UFC could look at Trice and Honeycutt, if the latter is coming off a win?

The rest, PFL i'd imagine.

Roman Huerta is 1-0 but never actually fought for Bellator he pulled out of 2 fights and got the bootsky.

Jarod Trice is 4-0 but hasn't fought since Sept 2018.3 of his 4 wins were by decision the last being a split decision and all against unheralded competition.Out of the wrestlers signed he is the one who has grown the least.

Chris Honeycutt is 3-2 in his last 5 losing his last one to Costello van Steenis.Has always put on good fights and looked like he could be a contender but always lost against the name competition just couldnt take the next step.

Hisaki Kato is 3-2 in his last 5 fights but hasn't fought since 2017 and his last fight was a loss to chidi njokuani.Fun fighter to watch but inactive and likely going to RIZIN.

JJ Ambrose lost his lone fight in bellator by decision to Saad awad and was promptly cut after a poor performance.

Carrington Banks was 4-2 in bellator coming off a win against a nobody but was finished twice before by prospects Mandel nallo and Adam picolotti.Banks never could best competition with any name value unfortunately for him.

Mohammed Yahya was 1-1 in bellator coming off a loss to another unknown fighter and was cut.

Noad Lahat was 3-2 in his last 5 coming off a win vs Brian Moore but lost to any if the contenders he faced he couldnt make it past being a mid tier guy.

Nathan Greyson went 0-2 in bellator and got the bootsky.

Chidi njokuani went 5-3 in bellator losing his last 2 against contenders Rafael carvalho and John salter.A fun fighter to watch but couldnt get past the middle of the pack.

Huerta likely ends up in regionals somewhere.

Trice could end up in PFL or regionals his fight style isnt really conducive with ONE or RIZIN.

Honeycutt I like alot I see him in any of the orgs outside the UFC.PFL gives him a shot at a million but ONE or RIZIN could swoop him too.(Pfl is shit at scouting talent )

Kato could go to RIZIN again or to ONE for mma and kickboxing either is a great fit PFL is not a good fit.

The rest are regionals except njokuani who has many options outside the ufc.

No real shockers here but I'm sad honeycutt is gone.

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series will pick a few of them up

Wow a lot of these guys could end up in PFL. But Ali Abdel Asleezebag would have to sign all of them first as that seems to be the prerequisite to get into a tourney.

Kato is not a surprise. Been doing a number of kickboxing fights lately.

Surprised about Lahat. He was one of the focal points for their Israel events.
They’ve got a number of Israeli fighters coming up now, no longer do they need the wet blanket that is Lahat.

Hahaha, gotta make room for that UFC waiver wire. If Rey Sefo wasn't so lazy and unscrupulous by trying to persuade every potential fighter to sign with Ali Abdelaziz, the PFL could add released MMA fighters like this and could really grow beyond just doing their regular season and tournament gig and end up doing the regular season and tournament gig and add feature fight cards throughout the entire year. Oh well.
He’s not lazy, these guys are all just in bed together. The investors for PFL are so naive they don’t even realize that Ali is running the whole show. He represents almost every fighter so he’s bringing Home big cash for every $1m tourney they put on.

He’s not lazy, these guys are all just in bed together. The investors for PFL are so naive they don’t even realize that Ali is running the whole show. He represents almost every fighter so he’s bringing Home big cash for every $1m tourney they put on.
Naive? Nah, the owners of the Washington Capitals and Wizards and Nationals and the owner of MGM Digital aren't billionaires and multimillionaires by being naive. I'm going to chalk it up to Rey Sefo being lazy and unscrupulous. But that's combat sports in general and that's why combat sports organizations are always operating on the edge and can't ever really get a foothold like major organizations like the NFL and the NBA and NHL and so on. The UFC was basically the first one to break that issue because under the Fertitta Brothers, the UFC operated more like a organized major league sports organization.

Surprised Lahat was cut. Wasn’t Bellator trying to use him to attract the Israeli market?

Also weird Honeycutt got axed too. He’s a Bellator vet and he’s 3-2 in his last 5 fights.

Most seem like a good fit to end up in PFL. Trice is most surprising one, he's 4-0.
have you seen his fights? saw him fight once and i knew he was not going to make it far. dude cant throw a punch to save his life

Honeycutt kind of suprised me. they were really trying to build him up a couple of years ago. I was higher on him, but he looks to have stagnated. Chidi is another one who raised my eyebrows.

Back