Tribulus

The_Inigma

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi im new to the dietary aspect of a healthy lifestyle, but i wanted to gather a consenus on what people think about tribulus. Do you guys think its cheating since it raises your natural test levels. i honestly don't know what to think, although whether or not you think its cheating, its not nearly as unhealthy (if unhealthy at all) as steroids since the body makes the extra testerone itself wheras with steroids, an external source is introduced, causing the testes to shrink because they are not needed. please tell me what you think.

It not cheating. It doesn't work nearly as well as you are thinking. Save your money.

Tribulus is pretty worthless.

It gives an ~30% increase in testosterone. Thats pretty huge, no?.

You just had two of the most knowledgeable & respected members of this forum tell you it's a waste and you're arguing? Why bother asking if you don't want an answer?

You just had two of the most knowledgeable & respected members of this forum tell you it's a waste and you're arguing? Why bother asking if you don't want an answer?

I'm a whitebelt :D. Thanks though

No. I'm not sure what the link ronin posted said, but the consensus on Tribulus is that it's bunk, simply because it's never produced results in clinical trials OUTSIDE of Bulgaria. It can't ONLY work in one part of the World. And even if it's true that somehow Bulgarian tribulus is a magical test-boosting plant because of the higher altitude, colder temperatures, and better moisture, the bulk of the tribulus used in OTC supplements in America comes from Utah and is commonly known as "puncture vine." Any experienced mountain biker whose biked out here can tell you about this plant, as it's ruined many a tire. It's dry, crackly, and practically nutrientless.

Actually, it was just a link to the search function. :icon_twis

No. I'm not sure what the link ronin posted said, but the consensus on Tribulus is that it's bunk, simply because it's never produced results in clinical trials OUTSIDE of Bulgaria. It can't ONLY work in one part of the World. And even if it's true that somehow Bulgarian tribulus is a magical test-boosting plant because of the higher altitude, colder temperatures, and better moisture, the bulk of the tribulus used in OTC supplements in America comes from Utah and is commonly known as "puncture vine." Any experienced mountain biker whose biked out here can tell you about this plant, as it's ruined many a tire. It's dry, crackly, and practically nutrientless.

Thats pretty interesting. Yeah the link didn't seem to work, it only sent me to a search engine on the webpage. the first i eard of tribulus is from my dad's friend, who had erectile dysfunction (why he shared that I don't know), and then I began some research and found it is a good workout tool. i ask some freinds and they said they took it too, but were pretty secretive about it like it was veiwed as cheating. What exactly is a steroidal saponin?

Hint for avoiding rape:

Stay away from friends of Fathers who randomly talk about their penises.

Hint for avoiding rape:

Stay away from friends of Fathers who randomly talk about their penises.

well said sir. But yeah, im gonna gogle it again. still, i bet i wouldnt have found anything about regional factors coming into play for the effectiveness of tribulus if you didn't tell me.

Growing conditions DO have a lot to do with a plant being nutritious or not. However, studies only panning out in a place where sale of said plant is an economic factor in any way also has a lot do with whether or not a sales pitch is full of crap.

Bah, don't even get me started on that shit.

Hoodia is the one thing I discourage people from buying as much as MuscleTech products. Especially people who when I ask "how many times a day do you ACTUALLY eat a meal?" Their response is anything less than 3. Excellent. You have a furnace that you're not fueling enough, and your answer to that problem is to further ration the fuel.

Morons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back