triangle troubleshooting

Stay open-minded about stuff. I know we both come from Relson backgrounds and the old traditional BJJ is the gospel there.

My current coach catches barataplatas all the time. So it's definitely a high percentage move for him. he also has this weird gogoplata type move that I've never seen anyone else do that he does from omo Plata. It works very very well.

Also speech-to-text is really weird.
Omoplata = home oblada
Barato Plata = bridal Plata or burrito plate
DLR= diller hiva

trust me im open minded in 2011 relson 2 weeks before the relson gracie cup in texas he was getting onto me for playing de la riva guard then i did it in the tournament that he reffed at purple and i won all my matches by sub except the final and he couldnt say anything lol

i think being open minded about open guards to a degree and other things but i think subs wont evolve that much more. theres only so many ways to twist a joint. theres tons of funky subs guys try to come up with but catching them on good guys is the problem

im always thinking of if im fighting a top black belt could i make this work? so with subs i try to stick to fast fundamentals the longer more steps to a technique the more chances there are to fuck it up same in striking arts

trust me im open minded in 2011 relson 2 weeks before the relson gracie cup in texas he was getting onto me for playing de la riva guard then i did it in the tournament that he reffed at purple and i won all my matches by sub except the final and he couldnt say anything lol

i think being open minded about open guards to a degree and other things but i think subs wont evolve that much more. theres only so many ways to twist a joint. theres tons of funky subs guys try to come up with but catching them on good guys is the problem

im always thinking of if im fighting a top black belt could i make this work? so with subs i try to stick to fast fundamentals the longer more steps to a technique the more chances there are to fuck it up same in striking arts

you were a (successful?) purple belt 7 years ago, and now you're asking blue belt questions about triangles? i'm a little confused

you were a (successful?) purple belt 7 years ago, and now you're asking blue belt questions about triangles? i'm a little confused

What is the answer a blue belt is supposed to know to deal with a guy putting his second arm in?

i also dont like subs where the opponent can move around somewhat freely not sure on the baratoplata but couldnt the guy try to go ape shit rolling ect to try to get a little space? im talking about at black belt levelyou have your gym level taps then competition taps and you obviously know guys in competitions arnt gonna tap unless you got them completely locked up

idk since i havnt really tried it or been taught the sub in person i cant say but from way it looks looks like it takes a little bit to set it up much like a peruvian necktie and makes me think the guy could try to explode move around am i missing something?

if you've ever felt it from a guy that's good at it you know that it is a really legit sub. it's different from other subs in that you feel your shoulders just going to be completely moved away from socket not twisted out. It's a different type of pressure

lol just because i ask about something doesnt mean i dont know what t do im not one of those guys who thinks they cant learn anything else im always looking for more options though thats what makes someone truly great

but seriously how often does that sub actually happen? i may be in the minority but i dont believe in what i call gimmick subs like catch wrestling for instannce has alot of gimmick subs head scissors ect

i admit iv never even had someone properly show me the baratoplata from your back but i never see guys hit this at higher levels theres more omoplatas than baratoplatas
Scissor choke is legit and I got that all the time on higher belts like purples (blue belt myself), I usually go for it from the kimura when I don't want to waste my energy breaking the grip . There's a black belt in my club that chokes everyone with it.

but seriously how often does that sub actually happen? i may be in the minority but i dont believe in what i call gimmick subs like catch wrestling for instannce has alot of gimmick subs head scissors ect

i admit iv never even had someone properly show me the baratoplata from your back but i never see guys hit this at higher levels theres more omoplatas than baratoplatas

In my humble opinion, if you think of the barataplata/reverse kimura as a grip/control position then it would be easier to incorporate into your game.

My favorite reverse kimura entry is from half guard when you and your opponent is pummeling the armpit. My second favorite entry is from the closed guard with the gi. You do the saulo - open the elbow pull on the collar posture break and the reverse kimura grip is there.

You can use the reverse kimura grip to submit, take the back, or enter into triangles.

I can only hope when I'm a black belt my ego isn't so inflated that I think I know everything and I'm afraid to ask questions.

exactly lol i even ask guys how they like to do there close guard armlock. u can always find other ways that might help you for some reason people take that as you not knowing anything

i got saulos book n 2009 when i was a blue and decided to take his approach at purple to focus on guard brown i focused on guard passing and at black focus on making your subs super tight now focusing on my sub game

i like to do subs that i can chain off other s thats why i like head arm chokes cause head and arm guillotine is my best choke which i can chain lots of other chokes off it armlocks with triangles as well

exactly lol i even ask guys how they like to do there close guard armlock. u can always find other ways that might help you for some reason people take that as you not knowing anything

It's super silly people who can't pull of the closed guard armbar against anybody decent thing it's a simple and basic move.

It's super silly people who can't pull of the closed guard armbar against anybody decent thing it's a simple and basic move.[/QUO

catching it on decent people sure i mean vs top guys though for instance xande catching 3 at adcc for example that was due to advanced set ups he didnt just do a basic arm clamp foot on hip and hit the armlock

Back