Triangle attacks

Triangulation

Whitebelt
@White
Reaction score
When I am in the position of a triangle but cant actually finish the choke, what other attacks could I go for? I.e shoulder locks armbars?

Also could you link some videos.

Thanks

Have you tried punching the other guy in the face?

Wrong forum man.

This in the stand up forum made me excited and think you were talking about the "Triangle Step" a quick stride/step/hopping/jumping maneuver that lets you take on extreme angles so you can fuck up your opponent while standing behind them or behind while slightly to the side of where you landed.

Triangle advice in the grappling forum.

First, if you've never finished a triangle, finish them and get good at that. You can go for arm bars if they're slipping out but you've got a good grip, you can go for omoplata's if they aren't quite out yet, from the omoplata if you're quick enough, you can go to the rnc, if the rnc doesn't work and you're on your back because they turned you over but still have them in the rnc you can go for the "kid choke" ? I think it's called, they always tap to that, or you can hold on to a full nelson, so you can "climb" their back and arm bar them but that'll probably only work once if at all if they're purple belt or higher

Ok Wrong Forum, however I am interested.

What do you mean you cant finish the choke? Are you locked in position and caught the leg etc?

When I am in the position of a triangle but cant actually finish the choke, what other attacks could I go for? I.e shoulder locks armbars?

Also could you link some videos.

Thanks
Your angle might be off if you can't finish. Are you doing the triangle in front of your opponent? Generally you should be at an angle, about maybe 45-90 degrees, then it locks easily. Actually when I have that angle, I don't event need to fully lock up, it finishes quite easy from there.

But to answer your question, Arm bar and kimuras are the usual go to from a failed poistion

Back