1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

News Triad Combat II: Kubrat Pulev vs. Junior Dos Santo

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by TXstriker, Jan 9, 2022.

1. TXstriker Blue Belt

[​IMG]
    Belfort, Santos,Schilling, Pulev should be fun.
    https://trillerfightclub.com/triad-combat-ii-fight-card/?affid=1643&utm_source=1643
    NEWS
    2 Days Ago0COMMENTS
    TRILLER FIGHT CLUB AND NICK CANNON RETURN TO TEXAS FOR TRIAD COMBAT II
    LIVE FROM THE TOYOTA CENTER IN HOUSTON, TX ON FEB. 26
    Triller Fight Club
    and entertainment icon, Nick Cannon, today announced the return to the state of Texas for the combat sports and rock concert mega-event, “Triad Combat II: Kubrat Pulev vs. Junior Dos Santos” emanating from the world renowned Toyota Centerin Downtown Houston on Saturday, February 26, 2022, and streaming live on FITE and TrillerFightClub.com. The highly anticipated event can be ordered now through a TrillerVerz subscription for just $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year by clicking HERE. Pre-order the event via the TrillerVerz subscription by Feb. 11th and get a 14-day FREE trial!

Cannon, who served as host of the first-ever Triad Combat event on November 27, 2021, featuring the legendary, hard rock band Metallica, is reprising his role for Triad Combat II, along with coaches; Two-Time Heavyweight Boxing World Champion Shannon ‘Let’s GO Champ’, Briggs (Boxing) and former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson (MMA). An International Superstar Musical Act and Ticket Information for the event will be announced shortly.

Said ‘Rampage’ Jackson after the first event, “Triad Combat is here to stay, I think UFC and Bellator should be worried, honestly.”

Triad Combat II will once again be produced by the award-winning Nigel Lythgoe, the Triller Fight Club visionary in addition to the producer and creative force behind ‘American Idol’ and ‘So You Think You Can Dance’.

Triad Combat II is headlined by the previously announced nine-round epic heavyweight clash between Triad Combat I victor Kubrat ‘The Cobra’ Pulev of Sofia, Bulgaria and former UFC Heavyweight World Champion Junior Dos Santos of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.

Additionally, previously announced for Triad Combat II is a seven-round cruiserweight fight between former Light Heavyweight Boxing World Champion ‘Bad’ Chad Dawson of New Haven, CT and former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion Vitor ‘The Phenom’ Belfort of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Four exciting undercard bouts have also been announced for Triad Combat II.

Among the bouts on the undercard, the all-action and always, aggressive professional boxer Armin ‘The Bosnian Prince’, Mrkanovic, (10-3, 5 KOs), of Queens, NY clashes with Joe ‘Stitch Em Up’ Schilling, of Los Angeles, CA in a sure-fire bomb away fight over seven rounds in the light heavyweight division. Mrkanovic makes his long-awaited return to battle, last competing on March 31, 2019, stopping Wilmer Mejia in the third round in the Dominican Republic. A veteran of Bellator and Bellator Kickboxing, ‘blood and guts’ warrior, Schilling had won six fights in a row prior to a loss at Bellator 229 to Tony Johnson.

Competing in the featherweight division in a scheduled seven round bout at Triad Combat II, heavy-handed boxer and USBA Junior Welterweight Champion, Samuel ‘The Tsunami’ Teah, (18-4-1, 8 KOs), of Philadelphia, PA faces MMA veteran, Jimmie ‘EL Terror’ Rivera, (23-5), of New Jersey. Teah is returning to action following a devastating first round knockout of Larry Fryers on September 17, 2021. Undefeated over a five-year span in the UFC, Bellator, CFFC and WSOF, Rivera looks to bounce back into the win column after a hard-fought loss to Pedro Munhoz on February 27, 2021 at UFC Fight Night.

mightywang1 and norsuu like this.
  2. TXstriker Blue Belt

<Dany07>
    Said ‘Rampage’ Jackson after the first event, “Triad Combat is here to stay, I think UFC and Bellator should be worried, honestly.”

Still should be fun though.

mightywang1 and samuelsoncast like this.
  3. Escabar Brown Belt

Vitors fighting Chad Dawson as well, I didn't know that. Have a feeling both mma guys will lose bad, at least Vitor will have a lot of size and Dawson been retired for a while no idea what condition he's in.

mightywang1 and TXstriker like this.
  4. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Jimmie Rivera vs Samuel Teah is a very solid fight.

Sad to see an elite fighter like Rivera end up here, but the MMA world is a joke so it's no surprise.

5. CatchnShoot Silver Belt

Dawson, although not as bad as Holyfield, is shot to shit.
    Do not be surprised when Vitor KHTFO.

6. norsuu Green Belt

jds vs pulev? who's the underdog?

7. mma sharingan Brown Belt Professional Fighter

some interesting fights on here, think i'll tune in, no doubt there'll be some vicious KOs.

TXstriker likes this.
  8. TXstriker Blue Belt

No concrete odds as of yet on Pulev vs Santos. Pulev should wipe the floor with Jr though.

9. KeeSmyth Brown Belt

I wouldn't mind seeing Tumenov vs Schilling

10. Zanmato Red Belt

Surely they are losing money just getting Metallica involved lol. Who is buying this nonsense

11. TXstriker Blue Belt

May be true but the event only cost $2.99 not exactly breaking the bank. Enjoy the ride while it last.

12. TheghostofFredDurst White Belt

So when are Rampage and Shannon Briggs actually going to fight each other? They have been talking trash for a long time now.

I don't see this ending very well for JDS, sadly. Curious to see how Vitor performs against a boxer that's not living in a nursing home.

13. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Is this a joke? It's boxing. Pulev will be a significant favorite. -500 minimum.

Karl_Hungus likes this.
  14. mime Black Belt

It's not boxing, smaller gloves, different rules in clinching. Mma guys won most of the fights the first one. It's almost standup mma without kicking

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  15. DaRivv20 Robert Whittaker’s Official Simp.

Pulev has carved out a niche so easy I won’t be surprised if more boxers don’t join him.

Outbox a guy who can’t box for a shit load of money.

EndlessCritic and TXstriker like this.
  16. Jewish Lightning White Belt

Pulev will punch a hole in Juniors head and contribute to his CTE.

Karl_Hungus likes this.
  17. Stan Black Belt

Maybe you should've watched the show before you posted this comment. The first event had some major stand and bang barn burners then if you are a fan of heavy metal you got to see Metallica play live. It was more entertaining than the majority of UFC watered down PPV's.

EndlessCritic likes this.
  18. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Yes. I'm well aware. I bet on Mike Perry as a +300 dog the last card.

But JDS is not a clinch fighter. JDS likes to box on the outside. And Pulev will kill him in a boxing match at range, which I expect this to be.

19. Zanmato Red Belt

Is anyone gonna burn through the capital required to convince people that MMA v Boxing fading stars fighting ina triangle is a longstanding legitimate sport? Enjoy it while it lasts for sure but I really don't see this as lasting very long. It's a very expensive event built on quite a niche and novelty concept

20. Karl_Hungus Purple Belt

Meh. I'll tune in if my butler can find a stream. I guess it's an interesting format, even if it is a total freakshow.