Trevor Bryan rated #1 in WBA’s new heavyweight

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 1, 2018.

1. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/09/trevor-bryan-rated-1-in-wbas-new-heavyweight/

Bryan’s best wins as a pro have come against Derric Rossy, BJ Flores, Elieser Castillo and Epifanio Mendoza.

Bryan hasn’t beaten anyone good enough for him to be rated above Alexander Povetkin, Dillian Whyte, Jarrell Miller, Dereck Chisora and Bryant Jennings. Those fighters have fought better opposition during their careers, and they’ve been looking a lot better.

With his number 1 ranking, Bryan is going to be getting a title shot soon against the winner of the September 29 fight between WBA ‘regular’ heavyweight champion Manuel Charr and Fres Oquendo. There’s no word when the World Boxing Association will be reducing the number of champions they have in their heavyweight rankings.

1. Trevor Bryan

2. Alexander Povetkin

3. Fres Oquendo

4. Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller

5. Dillian ‘The Body Snatcher’ Whyte

6. Dereck ‘Delboy’ Chisora

7. Otto Wallin

8. Bryant Jennings

9. Guillermo Jones

10. BJ Flores

11. Christian Hammer

12. Alexander Ustinov

13. Bogdan Dinu

14. Joe Joyce

15. Christopher Lovejoy

2. RizinSon88 She came to me with a serpent's kiss...

Povetkin is getting his shot, Whyte should be ahead (but we all know he will see a title shot at AJ before Bryan). The whole Fres/Manuel (regular) and Bryan (interim) is a kiddie pool to satisfy legal issues and make a buck while other guys without a WBA title routinely leapfrog them to have matches with Joshua (super-champ).

3. Rob-G Green Belt

I'm a fan of Trevor Bryan. Maybe I'm bias because I've met him like 5 or 6 times but I'd love to see him get a good fight soon. He's very talented. Had the honor of even watching him spar once. I hope he has some success