Treating your wife like she's special

You can tell how ugly, poor, or socially in adept a guy is by how much he has to put into his relationship to keep his ole lady around. Not saying you should act like a dick 24/7 either though.

If you look good, make some money, and have a good personality it don't take much work.

I know some people just like this and they are divorced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Rip, I wanted to ask you, do you have a favorite saint? You catholic or what denomination?

On topic - you get your wife some flowers yet?

Last edited:
Hey Rip, I wanted to ask you, do you have a favorite saint? You catholic or what denomination?
I'm not Catholic. I don't know much about Catholicism. I only have a book by Father Malachi Martin (deceased). I liked the guy because he supposedly called out about the Satanic spirit of pedophilia in the church back in the 70's. It's interesting because he said our current Pope will be the last Pope. I guess we'll find out. Sorry I'm not much help.
On topic - you get your wife some flowers yet?

No but I need to give her a foot rub on the couch. She cleans my stinky laundry, so she deserves it.

Well, uh, first I'd take you shopping to stores you wanna shop in, and then we'd do a little lunch, probably at the Cheese Haus, followed by some golfing. And then at night, we'd take in an opera, probably Die Fledermaus, and then I'd follow it up with a drive to a secluded beach where I'd pop on the radio and we could slow-dance till the sun came up.

If you read that in "The Ladies Man" voice it's twice as funny.

Lol at the few serious responses. Srs guys who take themselves srs. They are in sts relationships. Please give us your srs recommendations.

What a fucking asshole right here.

The TS was making a serious thread about a serious topic. And this fucking douche is going to talk about people giving serious responses.

LOL. Like I said, fucking asshole.

everyday I tell my wife how lucky she is to have me. I place my food order before I got to work. and when I get home it betta be hot, and it betta be good.

For someone who has a lot of posts about how Christian you are, you give some strangely un-Christian responses.

For someone who has a lot of posts about how Christian you are, you give some strangely un-Christian responses.

I disagree. You're thinking of the leftist hippie tainted propagandist neo-stereotype where you have to be a goofy goodwilled pushover with no personality and no sense of humor to be considered legit. It's an overly strict paradigm held only by those who have some kind of grudge against the concept of Christianity, I've found. This kind of BS didn't exist before 1960

Not married but in a serious relationship. I don't have a special day to treat her special. I try to let her know that I care about her and important to me every single day.

Oh wait, this sherdog. I meant to say I put her in her rightful place because she's a lying, conniving gold-digger like every woman is.

Well there it is.

It's not about "keeping her around" brother. I've always told any woman I've been with, including my current wife, that she's free to leave the moment she doesn't want to be with me anymore. I'm good at being alone, no big deal. It's about finding a partner that's willing to give back what you give to her. If she's a sorry bitch, kick her to the curb and move on, I've had plenty of practice at that. It's about having the confidence and fortitude to put yourself out there as a good man and see what you get back. You have to sift through a pile of head-cases and narcissists but the reward is worth it.

I look good (all modesty aside), make good money, and I'm as charming a motherfucker as you're ever going to meet LOLOLOL, but I've never worried about any of that as leverage to "keep a woman around". My wife is with me because we know that we have each other's back no matter what happens. We let each other know all the time how much that means. That's the good stuff.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, just playing off of your comment to put in another two cents of mine.

Wait before you go I must know. Do you bench 275 and run a 4.4? Probably yes I know but just wanted confirmation.

She and I trade off every weekend. That is I get to decide what activities we do one weekend (eg. maybe order a UFC, pick the restaurants we go to etc) and she gets to choose the next weekend.

This happens to be here weekend...but honestly, we pretty much do whatever she wants to do on my weekends too so, I think I'm doing just fine at making her "feel special."

On your weekends of choosing activities are you able to exclude her and do something fun with your buddies? I think I know the answer.

She and I trade off every weekend. That is I get to decide what activities we do one weekend (eg. maybe order a UFC, pick the restaurants we go to etc) and she gets to choose the next weekend.

This happens to be here weekend...but honestly, we pretty much do whatever she wants to do on my weekends too so, I think I'm doing just fine at making her "feel special."

Take back your weekends. Obviously if you only ever do what she wants to do that will cause some resentment.

Wait before you go I must know. Do you bench 275 and run a 4.4? Probably yes I know but just wanted confirmation.

Well, Jim, thanks for asking. I topped out at 4.7 but I toss 275 for reps, never tried for max. Did I forget to mention that I'm hung like an Army mule? Perhaps that explains my wife's loyalty, now that I think about it...hmmmm...

images

On your weekends of choosing activities are you able to exclude her and do something fun with your buddies? I think I know the answer.

Here's a novel idea. What about being with someone who has similar interests and who you enjoy doing things with?

Also I feel like being in a good relationship means you both have your own friends as well. Too many guys on sherdog talking about taking their wife shopping or being dragged to see a romcom. Isnt that what her friends are for?

Yea and I know some people that treat their wives like queens and get divorced, also know some ducking losers who have wives loyal to death. There all sorts of weird shit.

Back