Treasure Quest: Snake Island

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone watch this season of treasure quest?

What'd you think?

I think they did a pretty good job of keeping it entertaining and making it believable that they may actually find some treasure.

I'd get a different snake expert guy ASAP! That guy was obnoxious. He took ridiculously stupid risks that everyone warned him not to take and that ultimately got him stung by a bunch of sea urchins. He regularly walked right past snakes and everyone else had to spot them instead. He was extremely narcissistic and defensive if you pointed things like that out to him. No, he is not good when what you need is someone making sure your safe. Especially with snakes! You don't need arrogance, you need confidence but humility.

Otherwise, other than the fake drama, the show was pretty cool and I'll check out another season.

I saw a few episodes and was disappointed at how fake it was.

I saw a few episodes and was disappointed at how fake it was.

I'm never quite sure regarding the "fakeness." Like, yes it is clear they are hamming up the danger to camera. Yes, they will act like they just discovered something amazing on a cliff face that a team of scouts probably found a year before production and said, "look here and act amazed."

But is that just what needs to happen to make the show entertaining enough to be on TV? I mean, is there actually a potential hidden treasure that this team needed funding to go find and they said, "Sure, we'll fund it but you have to do all this ridiculous acting to make the journey look interesting?" Or is it all a total sham?

I believe that in a previous season of Treasure Quest they did infact find treasure that they had to forfeit to the Spanish Govt. So they do find stuff sometimes...

I'm never quite sure regarding the "fakeness." Like, yes it is clear they are hamming up the danger to camera. Yes, they will act like they just discovered something amazing on a cliff face that a team of scouts probably found a year before production and said, "look here and act amazed."

But is that just what needs to happen to make the show entertaining enough to be on TV? I mean, is there actually a potential hidden treasure that this team needed funding to go find and they said, "Sure, we'll fund it but you have to do all this ridiculous acting to make the journey look interesting?" Or is it all a total sham?

I believe that in a previous season of Treasure Quest they did infact find treasure that they had to forfeit to the Spanish Govt. So they do find stuff sometimes...

They got to keep .00002% of it though...lol

I would have never turned that gold over.

Did they find anything? I watched the first two episodes but then didn't watch the rest. I guess I just kind of got bored with it.

Did they find anything? I watched the first two episodes but then didn't watch the rest. I guess I just kind of got bored with it.

Ummmm....well...they found a ring with Jesuit symbols on it (no monetary value though). The found lots of man made carving on Rocks that apparently point the way to treasure. The followed those clues to a cave and found a little section of cave where someone apparently had intentionally walled it up. Behind that wall (which appeared mostly knocked down already) they found a buried box that clearly looked like the top of the treasure chest that you might see in a pirate movie. When they tried to dig it up though, they discovered it was only the top of the treasure chest. They concluded:

"We must be close" tune in next season.

I will say I wondered how they concluded "we must be close." My conclusion after following all the clues to walled area in a cave where the wall was already knocked down and there was only the top of a chest that had clearly been removed from a bottom at some point would be, "Damn, someone beat us to it."

Ummmm....well...they found a ring with Jesuit symbols on it (no monetary value though). The found lots of man made carving on Rocks that apparently point the way to treasure. The followed those clues to a cave and found a little section of cave where someone apparently had intentionally walled it up. Behind that wall (which appeared mostly knocked down already) they found a buried box that clearly looked like the top of the treasure chest that you might see in a pirate movie. When they tried to dig it up though, they discovered it was only the top of the treasure chest. They concluded:

"We must be close" tune in next season.

I will say I wondered how they concluded "we must be close." My conclusion after following all the clues to walled area in a cave where the wall was already knocked down and there was only the top of a chest that had clearly been removed from a bottom at some point would be, "Damn, someone beat us to it."

Yep. Sounds like someone already beat them to it.

They ain't find Shit. I wasted my time with that dumb show.

Sounds like fuckery. I'd watch if Nick Cage was involved. He'd find that treasure.

Back