Travis Lutter -David Terrell?

TJS

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is a Fight the UFC needs to put together. Both are American black belt prodigys and 1-1 in the UFC. The fight has the potential to be a jiu jitsu war. Lutter beat one of Rorion Gracie's son's in a grappling tounement some time back as a brown belt and they always talk about how Terrell has never even been scored on in grappling matches ..how sick his submissions are etc etc.

I ask this forum beause I think people here will have a better idea about their grappling skills.

Who do you think is the better grappler and how would a ground match between these two go in the UFC?

personally from the little I have seen of them I think David Terrell has better standup but I want to hear some opinions on the grapplig side of it.

Hard to say with the grappling part. Terrell seems to have the better wrestling so maybe that would make the difference. I'd rather see two AMERICAN BJJ phenoms fight other people first before having to face each other so early in their careers.

www.greenwhaleproductions.com

Terrell has fared better in ADCC so far. That's all I can say.

I'd rather see Vitor tap somebody out.

But seriously, I've only seen Lutter fight once & I saw Terrel fight twice. From the little I've seen of them I think Terrel would win.

lol...more then likely they'd stand there and try to ko eachother...

it would definitly be a standup fight more than a ground war.

TJS said:
This is a Fight the UFC needs to put together. Both are American black belt prodigys and 1-1 in the UFC. The fight has the potential to be a jiu jitsu war. Lutter beat one of Rorion Gracie's son's in a grappling tounement some time back as a brown belt and they always talk about how Terrell has never even been scored on in grappling matches ..how sick his submissions are etc etc.

I ask this forum beause I think people here will have a better idea about their grappling skills.

Who do you think is the better grappler and how would a ground match between these two go in the UFC?

personally from the little I have seen of them I think David Terrell has better standup but I want to hear some opinions on the grapplig side of it.

Travis was a black when he beat Ryron(I believe it was Ryron, might've been Rener) at the Gracie Challenge. I think if Travis comes in shape than he can beat anybody in a grappling match, I don't know how a fight would go though.

Back