Travis browne might not be a good person or fighter, but woman beater?

My biggest issue is, if he didn't put those bruises on his wife, then who did?

I would be pissed if my wife accused me of domestic violence when I didn't do it but I would want to know who did it to her. The fact that he never expressed frustration of how the bruises got there shows that most likely he put them on her. Let's not kid ourselves.
Bitch keeps falling down the stairs and we don't even have stairs!

1. I don't know anything about his kids or previous wife but I can tell you relationships don't always work no matter how much you want them to and it's better for people to get divorced than to put children in the middle of a fucked up marriage. You don't know if he still supports his kids or really anything about the situation.

2. Eye pokes lol? Really? I rewatched that fight to see the blatant and purposeful eye pokes everyone was talking about and all I saw was Travis extending his hand and occasionally his fingers like many fighters do to keep distance. Eye pokes happen when fingers are extended. It's not like he was searching for an eyeball to poke. It was far from blatant, although he should have kept his hands closed. If we start calling everyone who pokes an eye a piece of shit we might as well call them all pieces of shit. I didn't see many people calling Jones a piece of shit for poking eyeballs. In fact, he was the GOAT and it took snorting coke, breaking a pregnant woman's arm and being caught using steroids before people called him a piece of shit. So what's the real reason for all the hate?

Those eye pokes were ridiculous because after he poked his eye and Mitrione clearly reacted, he didn't let up like most fighters do and give the other fighter time to recover. He just kept on going and trying to use the poke to his advantage. I've never seen anyone do that.

I don't know if he beat his ex or not but if one day he decides to go full on Jake the Muss on Honda, then I'll know for sure.

zikapy.jpg

I disklike Travis Browne more than anyone, but this was an allegation from his ex-wife who seemed a bit crazy. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but who the heck knows? Could have been a mutual dispute/tussle, she could be nuts. Not enough information to judge either way and I don't think people should label him a woman beater.

Those eye pokes were ridiculous because after he poked his eye and Mitrione clearly reacted, he didn't let up like most fighters do and give the other fighter time to recover. He just kept on going and trying to use the poke to his advantage. I've never seen anyone do that.

It's not his job to let up. It's the refs job to stop the fight and allow the fighter to recover. Hard to believe you've never seen anyone keep fighting after an accidental eye poke. It happens all the time.

You can’t believe everything that you read,” Browne said today at a media lunch promoting his upcoming fight at UFC 200. “You can’t believe the rumors and stuff like that. Honestly, a gripe of mine was that – I’m trying to say it right – a gripe of mine was that honestly … that nobody questioned her. Everybody put their eyes on me. Everybody made stories about me. And when I was reinstated, that was the only headline: Travis Browne gets reinstated. And I’ll be honest, you guys as media kind of let me down

The seven-week investigation “included interviews with multiple subjects associated with the principals, as well as the principals themselves,” according to a statement released by the organization. The investigation believed there was inconclusive evidence to support Webb’s claims, and Browne’s temporary suspension was lifted.

“Ask questions,” Browne said “Why did I get reinstated? What really happened?

I’m a 6-foot-7, 250-pound man. I have two little boys at home, and if I did the things I was accused of, you want those two boys being raised by me? Why wouldn’t you want them out of my home? Why would you want me to have my career if that’s the kind of man that I am? So yeah, honestly, I feel a little betrayed"

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/travis...a-kind-of-let-me-down-after-ufc-reinstatement

Travis comes off as being very believable and honest in the video interview. People can believe what they want but they really don't know fuck all about the situation.

It's unproven in a court of law. This isn't a court of law. Evidence of the allegations was presented. You can decide for yourself whether it is convincing.

Why is it unfair? And why is it extremely unfair? His wife said the man beat her. And then she presented photos of herself all bruised up.

It doesn't mean that it's beyond doubt. People lie. But most liars don't beat the shit out of themselves to support the lie. But given the evidence in play, her word and the photos, it is more than fair to consider Browne a wife beater.

Consider maybe, but it's not beyond a shadow of a doubt. I've seen some seriously scumbag, manipulative, shady shit with my own eyes before, albeit I haven't seen someone hurt themselves to play victim (though I'm sure it happens sometimes).

That said, if Browne truly didn't hit his wife I think he should be suing the ever living shit out of her for false allegations/defamation of character.

In any case, what evidence is there beyond her bruises? I haven't been following this.

Consider maybe, but it's not beyond a shadow of a doubt. I've seen some seriously scumbag, manipulative, shady shit with my own eyes before, albeit I haven't seen someone hurt themselves to play victim (though I'm sure it happens sometimes).

That said, if Browne truly didn't hit his wife I think he should be suing the ever living shit out of her for false allegations/defamation of character.

In any case, what evidence is there beyond her bruises? I haven't been following this.

There are very few things you know, if anything, beyond a shadow of a doubt. The standard you may be searching for is beyond a reasonable doubt. That's a stringent standard reserved for criminal trials. This isn't a criminal trial, and so holding all statements as to Travis Browne's wife-beating proclivities to that standard is silly. That said, I think if she went to court with just the evidence we know publicly, ie her testimony and the photos of the bruises, Browne gets convicted.

It's reasonable to doubt her statement, but it's less reasonable to doubt the combination of her statement and the photos. Somebody beat the fuck out of her. She says it was Travis. I think most reasonable people would conclude that he did in fact beat his wife.

There are very few things you know, if anything, beyond a shadow of a doubt. The standard you may be searching for is beyond a reasonable doubt. That's a stringent standard reserved for criminal trials. This isn't a criminal trial, and so holding all statements as to Travis Browne's wife-beating proclivities to that standard is silly. That said, I think if she went to court with just the evidence we know publicly, ie her testimony and the photos of the bruises, Browne gets convicted.

It's reasonable to doubt her statement, but it's less reasonable to doubt the combination of her statement and the photos. Somebody beat the fuck out of her. She says it was Travis. I think most reasonable people would conclude that he did in fact beat his wife.
He would already be in jail if any of what you said is true.

UFC has already done an investigation on him and he was cleared.

Nobody knows for sure what really happened, let's not pretend like we do.

Ah okay, that's how out of touch I am, I didn't know it wasn't a criminal trial. There was an investigation, yes? So why is he not in jail? Was there not enough evidence to go to a criminal trial?

If what she says is true, I don't see why he's still walking around. If he didn't do anything, I don't see why he isn't suing the hell out of her. And no, I don't think it's reasonable to conclude anything based on what I know, and you seem biased here.

He would already be in jail if any of what you said is true.

Nonsense. Charges were never pressed, which is very common in domestic abuse situations. So Browne not being in jail has no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

UFC already done an investigation on him and he was cleared.

I'm guessing the entirety of that investigation was spent determining whether there was video of the alleged incident a la Ray Rice.

Nobody knows for sure what really happened, let's not pretend like we do.

One need not know something absolutely to assert that it happened. I agree that I don't know what happened. I accept that Browne may not have beaten his wife. But it's much more plausible that he did, and thus quite fair to consider him a wife beater. Do you even epistemology bro?

Are these injuries from a woman who was beaten by a man? Actually you would be surprised to learn they're not. It's the result of crossfit training. The type of training Browne's ex does. If this woman posted these pictures online and said her boyfriend beat her up, you and a lot of others people would immediately believe her. There's something very wrong with that. The link to the article is at the bottom.

L47tG53.jpg

KpY9xNz.jpg

UZR1Amc.jpg

http://www.trektechblog.com/2013/05/crossfit_bruises.html

He wouldn't date Ronda Rousey if he was just a sane person.
thats true! lmao but that dont make him a bad person,just makes him the kinda guy who gets his head beat in for dollars and cents

Ah okay, that's how out of touch I am, I didn't know it wasn't a criminal trial. There was an investigation, yes? So why is he not in jail? Was there not enough evidence to go to a criminal trial?

If what she says is true, I don't see why he's still walking around. If he didn't do anything, I don't see why he isn't suing the hell out of her. And no, I don't think it's reasonable to conclude anything based on what I know, and you seem biased here.

She didn't press charges.

Nonsense. Charges were never pressed, which is very common in domestic abuse situations. So Browne not being in jail has no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

I'm guessing the entirety of that investigation was spent determining whether there was video of the alleged incident a la Ray Rice.

One need not know something absolutely to assert that it happened. I agree that I don't know what happened. I accept that Browne may not have beaten his wife. But it's much more plausible that he did, and thus quite fair to consider him a wife beater. Do you even epistemology bro?
Nonsense. If there was a solid evidence they would've pressed charges already. Where in the world did you get this idea of video being required for every domestic violence case?

You seemed to be talking out of your ass quite a whole lot, how is it much more plausible that he actually beat her? LOL something is wrong with you.

As crazy as Ronda is she would never date a wife beater let alone continue the relationship.

Back