Travelling to Japan - need advice!

Anybody here from Tokyo that knows about the MMA scene that can tell me if 6000JPY is a good price for ZST tickets? and whether I could delay buying them til the day of?

Debating still whether its worth it or not, my friends aren't really MMA people but would do it for the experience and because they love me.

Hmm, I wanna support Japanese MMA, but I don't think that 6000yen for newbs would be worth it.

Anybody here from Tokyo that knows about the MMA scene that can tell me if 6000JPY is a good price for ZST tickets? and whether I could delay buying them til the day of?

Debating still whether its worth it or not, my friends aren't really MMA people but would do it for the experience and because they love me.

Maybe go by yourself and just meet up with your friends afterwards. Win win situation.

I'm going in March and I want to check out an MMA event - big or small.

Yo El Karlo,

Is getting the fastpass for Japan Universal Studios worth it? I read they just opened up Attack On Titan and RE attractions and want to check it. Thanks.

I went to a few Pride events back in the day and bought tickets the day of. It shouldn't be a problem. 6000 JPY for tickets...are they nice seats? Oh what the heck, buy them. Don't consider the financial aspect, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You may just be witness to the next up-and-coming super stud. And go to the smoking area during intermission, even if you don't smoke. So many hot Japanese women...

Hmm, I wanna support Japanese MMA, but I don't think that 6000yen for newbs would be worth it.

Maybe go by yourself and just meet up with your friends afterwards. Win win situation.

might do that, or just me and the missus. not really too sure. my crew is all about trying/seeing shit they might not get a chance to see again so they might be down regardless

I went to a few Pride events back in the day and bought tickets the day of. It shouldn't be a problem. 6000 JPY for tickets...are they nice seats? Oh what the heck, buy them. Don't consider the financial aspect, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You may just be witness to the next up-and-coming super stud. And go to the smoking area during intermission, even if you don't smoke. So many hot Japanese women...

that's how I look at it as well! and the card has 8-0 Ryo Hatta on it who, with a win, I'm sure would be on the UFC's radar

I hear in Japan you could randomly walk up to strangers in the middle of the street and challenge them to a sparring match

Go to Cocoichibanya
Go to Mos Burger

If you're into electronics/anime, you owe it to yourself to go to Akihabara. Makes sure you go there at night so you can get the "Blade Runner" effect.

And get your ears cleaned by a kimonoed Japanese girl.

Yo El Karlo,

Is getting the fastpass for Japan Universal Studios worth it? I read they just opened up Attack On Titan and RE attractions and want to check it. Thanks.

Good idea. Go alone to get the xp for yourself.

Sorry man, I haven't been to USJ since like 2008. I really can't help you here.

Go to Cocoichibanya
Go to Mos Burger

Seriously? Mos burger has the rice burger and the fish fillet. Other than that, the place is seriously meh.

Cocoichibanya too is meh. It has curry, Japanese style. But it is nothing to write home about. Go to any mom and pop curry place, and you will get better curry than Coco. Just worth going once for the xp, and that is it.

Hit Yakiniku 焼き肉 places. You seriously can't go wrong if it is all you can eat食べ放題.

And any and all decent looking sushi places. They will beat any sushi you had state side.

Also, Okonomiyaki, are pretty dang good http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki お好み焼き.

I said it before, but try getting drinks from vending machines. They are some whacky, yet surprisingly good drinks in there. From Bikkle a yogurt drink, to CC Lemon, a lemon soda.

One word.

Starts with a b

has a u

and a bunch of k's

There is a coco ichibanya here in la near my house. It's not even the second best Japanese curry in the neighborhood.

Anybody here from Tokyo that knows about the MMA scene that can tell me if 6000JPY is a good price for ZST tickets?

Man, that's awesome. I always wanted to go to ZST or DEEP. A couple of my friends used to fight in ZST and they would always bring me back a program.

6000 is a fine. That's how much I paid for decent SHOOTO seats.

Make sure to go, because you will regret it later if you don't.

I shit you not, the host cancelled my groups reservation...16 fucking days away and we have no place to stay now. I'm so fucking livid right now.

I shit you not, the host cancelled my groups reservation...16 fucking days away and we have no place to stay now. I'm so fucking livid right now.

Where were you planning to stay? A lot of hotels here do have some English on their sites. Also, hotel prices are pretty reasonable compared to the US, esp since they don't gouge you with hotel taxes

Back