Traveling question...

FamousSFO

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I Google'd this and couldn't find an answer,

Any who, I don't have a passport but live near Mexico border. An opportunity came up to go to Puerto Vallarta, and I was wondering if I were to take a plane out of a Mexico border town would I still need a passport traveling from Mexico to another destination in Mexico?

I Google'd this and couldn't find an answer,

Any who, I don't have a passport but live near Mexico border. An opportunity came up to go to Puerto Vallarta, and I was wondering if I were to take a plane out of a Mexico border town would I still need a passport traveling from Mexico to another destination in Mexico?

A little unclear. Are you asking whether you can travel within mexico, by plane, without a passport? Answer is yes if you can show mexican id.

I'd steer clear of ole Mexico, se

just go get a passport man its like 120 bucks

i go to mexico every year and i havent had any trouble but then again
im mexican :):)

Me too but I haven't been since about 2000. Went to PV, in fact. Cool place.

Me too but I haven't been since about 2000. Went to PV, in fact. Cool place.

i went to jalisco last year to guadalajara and ameca they had a couple army
check points but that was it

Guadalajara is a very cool city. Been a long time since I went there.
I used to play golf at Santa Anita Golf Club.

And the women...!!

i went to jalisco last year to guadalajara and ameca they had a couple army
check points but that was it

It's not the Army checkpoints that are the problem. It's the Zeta and Gulfo checkpoints that I'd be concerned with.

A little unclear. Are you asking whether you can travel within mexico, by plane, without a passport? Answer is yes if you can show mexican id.

That is the question, but I am not a citizen of Mexico. Very fluent in Spanish as I grew up 20 minutes from Mexico and my parents were both born in Mexico (I know that doesn't matter).

So as an American citizen, to travel from Mexico to another destination in Mexico is not possible then, correct?

I ask because I can still cross the border back and fourth without a passport

That is the question, but I am not a citizen of Mexico. Very fluent in Spanish as I grew up 20 minutes from Mexico and my parents were both born in Mexico (I know that doesn't matter).

So as an American citizen, to travel from Mexico to another destination in Mexico is not possible then, correct?

I ask because I can still cross the border back and fourth without a passport

You need a passport to go beyond a certain distance from the border. I don't remember what that distance is. Maybe 100 miles? I'm not sure. But, you'll need a passport to go beyond that limit. I mean, you probably don't have to worry if you can pull off pretending to be a Mexican citizen, or if you have some cash to pay off the Mexican police. But, why take the chance when a passport doesn't cost that much? Plus, it'll be good for ten years. Just get a passport man. Play it safe. Also, it will prevent any problems or delays for you when you want to come back to our side of the fence.

Just get a multi pass.

tumblr_md3kzzvmuK1rkqgjko1_500.jpg

You need a passport to go beyond a certain distance from the border. I don't remember what that distance is. Maybe 100 miles? I'm not sure. But, you'll need a passport to go beyond that limit. I mean, you probably don't have to worry if you can pull off pretending to be a fan Mexican citizen, or if you have some cash to pay off the Mexican police. But, why take the chance when a passport doesn't cost that much? Plus, it'll be good for ten years. Just get a passport man. Play it safe. Also, it will prevent any problems or delays for you when you want to come back to our side of the fence.

You're very right in saying play it safe. My worry was more of a time problem. Maybe I can pay off whomever I need to while over there but I'm starting to realize the risk outweighs the reward.

As a guy who partied a lot in Mex while 17-20 years old, every time we would go out over there I always set 50 bucks in my glove compartment for cops and it was used more often than not.

wouldn't you automatically be a mexican citizen if your parents were born in mexico?

Back