Travel and medical insurance for Thailand

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Herculee, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Herculee

Herculee White Belt

Hey guys,

I'm from NYC and I'm planning on a trip to Bangkok for 4 months. Im hoping to get as many fights as possible when I'm out there and was looking around for an affordable insurance plan. I been searching around but i can't seem to find one that covers "extreme sports". I'm hoping on some feed back, maybe ill just book any insurance plan and say i "fell" or something?

Also any recommendations to Muay Thai stores for gear?

Thanks in advance!

2. DonKal

DonKal White Belt

yep do that and bring lots of anti biotics cause im fighting here in 4 days and have an infection and feel weak at the moment and anti inflamitory medication.. if anything breaks just tell your insurance company some bullshit and should be fine

Herculee likes this.
  3. Herculee

Herculee White Belt

sweet ! good luck! and do you have any recommendations for insurance and the run down of cost?

4. DonKal

DonKal White Belt

im from australia and my isurance is an australian company called TID(travel insurance direct).. but i payed 360aud for 3 months insurance so relatively good price for insurance.. and thanks man hope all goes well my first fight!!! and for stores for gear in bkk ive hear action zone and boon store is good though im in phuket so i havent been there

5. Herculee

Herculee White Belt

ahh i heard of action zone too, nice!

6. ask

ask Blue Belt

shouldn't your government have a website dedicated to traveling?