Transgenders/Transexuals in sports

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by WorldofWarcraft, Aug 4, 2015.

1. WorldofWarcraft

WorldofWarcraft Holy Paladin Banned

Should Transgenders be allowed to play on their chosen gender's sports? For example, should Transgender male to female be allowed to compete in Women's MMA? Or how about professional leagues like the WNBA, or several boxing organizations, etc?

If you prevent a transgender from trying out for a league of their chosen gender, wouldn't that be discrimination?

2. TSO

TSO Cookie monster belt

Should they? No.

Are they? Yes.

Discrimination isn't always a bad thing.

3. klnOmega

klnOmega Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

They let boys use the women's rest room, lockerooms, and even be in girl scouts. I don't see why they can't be on the women's soccer team.

The future of sports in the world of equality is probably all integrated sports, with team quotas. Every team must have a progressive 2 males, 4 females, and 4 transgenders.

4. JDragon

JDragon DOX News Anchor Platinum Member

Yes, I absolutely believe it would be discrimination. But it might be warranted.

Please let us set aside the transsexual thing for a second because it is really political.

There are hermaphrodite athletes, and it's not an invention, it's a real thing. Just google Caster Semanya. It is NOT possible to assign a definite gender in all cases.

Also consider handicapped people for a second. Google Markus Rehm, a German long jumper who won the German national title with a prothesis.

Overall, there is likely no satisfactory solution.

5. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Have you guys seen that Google Advertisement on tv? It's promoting and glorifying sex changes. And it has this girl who is holding up a bottle of Testosterone, drawing it out for an injection. I think we will see girls on steroids competing against boys. But will the boys be allowed to use steroids competing against girls?

[YT]ElUK53sf-kc[/YT]

6. klnOmega

klnOmega Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

When it comes to actual hermaphordites and such, I think it is a lot less controversial. No one gets angry about which bathroom someone born with genetic defects uses, and I doubt we'd care which sports team they are on.

As prthestics get more advanced, that is going to become an issue straight from a sci-fi novel. I can already see in 30 years NFL quarterbacks getting their arms amputated in favor of better robotic arms specifically designed for optimal football throwing.

7. JDragon

I doubt that people will have their arms amputated on purpose, but we will get to the point where people with artificial body parts will be able to perform better. We're almost there, see Markus Rehm.

8. Harmonica

Harmonica Strong, silent type

Imagine Junior Dos Santos undergoing an aesthetic surgery to become a woman and then competing in WMMA. It would be a crime against humanity.

9. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

I have a big issue with MtF in combat sports like Fallon Fox, and a smaller issue with men infiltrating female sports and making them watchable, but if a Jane wants to try her luck as Travis with the boys, let her.

10. Denter

Denter Silver Belt

Lot's more broken orbitals in WMMA when they start letting trannies in.

11. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Yeah. Discrimination just means to differentiate. Unless someone is living in the utopian (everything and everyone is equal and the same) dream world, there are real differences to consider.

12. ripskater

ripskater Guest

In Bruce Jenner's speech at the Espy's, he was advocating that transsexuals compete in the sport they identified with.

13. JDragon

Come to think of it, I do not really have an issue with it in combat sports and team sports. More so in track-and-field and similar individual disciplines.

Why?

1) In combat sports, you are generally not forced to fight a specific opponent (except for champions). Have a problem with fighting Fallon Fox? Don't do it.

2) In team sports, it would likely not be an actual issue. At least I cannot picture an army of post-ops invading any given sport and changing the game.

3) In track-and-field disciplines, especially those where all that matters is your body's output, I think there need to be restrictions in place. Those will not be fair because there actually will be grey areas, but as the case of Markus Rehm shows, you will never be able to be completely fair because then you will also have handicapped people who will be excluded etc.; in those areas, I'd say they can participate but get listed separately.

14. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Yeah that's messed up. I'm surprised they sanction this stuff.

15. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

If she is female then she is female. I'll go with this the same as the rest rooms and showers, you go by the plumbing.

16. Denter

Denter Silver Belt

Letting a man with a man's strength hit a woman who has less bone density will have consequences.

17. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

I usually assume we're talking post, er, plumbing change. But it is something I still don't really understand, I'm a very liberal guy, but I've always considered coping with the way you were born part of life's struggle, and I have yet to see anything that really convinces me you can be born the wrong sex.

18. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

I don't understand it myself but if you are wiling to go through with it all the way to change the plumbing then I got no problem with considering you by that plumbing.

19. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I agree.

20. livingdeadmoose

livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

Absolutely not. You play as the sex you were born as. End of story.