Social Transgender Megathread Vol. 2

Did you join the pronoun circus?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know anything about Qanon. If this is true then he can be in prison for life imo.
Looks like they got the texts legally. I keep getting yelled at about grooming elswewhere so I don't know where else was a safe place

How many is acceptable to you? Are they just collateral damage?

How many what?

You're talking in hypotheticals, pretending genuine young people with genuine gender misalignment can't possibly exist, and don't deserve treatment until they reach 18.

It's not a sensible approach.

Simply asking me for a number is dumb as shit. I don't treat children with any condition, and am not qualified to answer.

I doubt you are either, but here we are with you professing your 'opinion'.

Who has complained to you that they regret such surgery?

Has anyone?

There are plenty of teens or young adults trying to de-transition and regret it.

On top of that, the transitioning on a larger scale has been happening only recently. So it is not known whether many will regret it or no because it just happened.

I'm not talking about cancer but I'm interested in studies about what @Hog-train mentioned about long term effects in puberty blockers on kids.
Maybe can talk some later about this “experimental” treatment. At work and too tired this moment for much else other than shitposting.

There are plenty of teens or young adults trying to de-transition and regret it.

On top of that, the transitioning on a larger scale has been happening only recently. So it is not known whether many will regret it or no because it just happened.

I don't need magazine-quality journalism of anecdotes of a handful of people to tell me I need to adopt a dictatorial right-wing mindset to this subject.

I'm happy with my current stance: I'm not totally sure about children having surgery, but I accept I'm not an expert.

I don't need an extremely strong, flamethrower-style opinion on the matter, what I need is an open mind.

I don't need magazine-quality journalism of anecdotes of a handful of people to tell me I need to adopt a dictatorial right-wing mindset to this subject.

I'm happy with my current stance: I'm not totally sure about children having surgery, but I accept I'm not an expert.

I don't need an extremely strong, flamethrower-style opinion on the matter, what I need is an open mind.

You're doubting there are people who regret it. The only way to show that are examples which are anecdotal or interviews with specific people. And obviously they exist. Any Youtube search on de-transitioning will show plenty of examples.

And then there is the issue that there hasn't been enough time to tell on a large scale because it is just recently happening.

Not giving permanent life altering drugs to kids before puberty is not "right wing" or "dictatorial." It's called common sense.

Last edited:
How many what?

You're talking in hypotheticals, pretending genuine young people with genuine gender misalignment can't possibly exist, and don't deserve treatment until they reach 18.

It's not a sensible approach.

Simply asking me for a number is dumb as shit. I don't treat children with any condition, and am not qualified to answer.

I doubt you are either, but here we are with you professing your 'opinion'.

Wrong. Did you not see the link I edited into the last post? That girl is NOT a hypothetical. So how many with her story are acceptable to you?

That is a lie. I am well aware that gender dysphoria exists and has existed for a very long time.

I also obviously want minors with gender dysphoria to have treatment but I disagree on what that "treatment" should be. Minors should have in depth therapy that is not centered on affirmation.

You aren't qualified to answer questions on a topic that you are debating? Wtf?

Wrong. Did you not see the link I edited into the last post? That girl is NOT a hypothetical. So how many with her story are acceptable to you?

That is a lie. I am well aware that gender dysphoria exists and has existed for a very long time.

I also obviously want minors with gender dysphoria to have treatment but I disagree on what that "treatment" should be. Minors should have in depth therapy that is not centered on affirmation.

You aren't qualified to answer questions on a topic that you are debating? Wtf?

Again, I'm not interested in magazine-style editorial commentary on individual anecdotes.

Anecdotes aren't real arguments, they're case studies. Arguments are formed by the numbers, with a good balance of quantitative and qualitative data, which I don't possess.

You can make literally any 'argument' you want with anecdotes, especially in the medical field.

People die in the most bizarre, unlikely circumstances, and those anecdotes make for real case studies too - but they don't make for strong arguments.

But I accept that anecdotes are easy pickings for a right wing media that's intent on telling you what to think, which seems to be what you're looking for here.

An easy answer to a problem that isn't yours.

What could be simpler?

yeah, he's so experienced, that's why he dodges questions in here.
he's only an expert in regurgitating "gender is a social construct" and tryharding justifications for procedures that mutilate mentally ill people "because the manual says so". manual that simply decided a few years ago to "destigmatize" gender dysphoria as a mental illness, without any modification to the scientific pathology of it. just like what they did with monkeypox, so it wouldn't hurt feelings. this is what they avoid talking about like the plague.
it's a grift. any trans patient is a treasure chest for the medical industry. hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue from each patient.
bernie madoff was an expert and a professional too.
I’ve never “dodged” any genuine questions. I try not to engage too much with the knuckle-dragging alt-right type crowd, as you guys often hold steadfast to your extreme beliefs and are resistant to reason.

And again, I make no money off anyone I see at my primary place of employment. I’m paid a salary whether I see anyone or not. As I said before, transgender patients make up a small percent of my caseload. They generate no more money for the clinic than would any of the hundreds of other people waiting to get in to see me. Billing is a function of either what I feel is the complexity of the medical decision making or on the basis of the total time spent at the appointment.

Engaging with you seems like a major waste of my time, as you keep repeating the same boring rhetoric after I’ve already explained this to you time and time again. I think I should just start adding you and your buddies to my ignore list.

Last edited:
I’ve never “dodged” any genuine questions. I try not to engage too much with the knuckle-dragging alt-right type crowd, as you guys often hold steadfast to your extreme beliefs and are resistant to reason.

And again, I make no money off anyone I see at my primary place of employment. I’m paid a salary whether I see anyone or not. As I said before, transgender patients make up a small percent of my caseload. They generate no more money for the clinic than would any of the hundreds of people waiting to get in to see me. Billing is a function of either what I feel is the complexity of the medical decision making or on the basis of the total time spent at the appointment.

Engaging with you seems like a major waste of my time, as you keep repeating the same boring rhetoric after I’ve already explained this to you time and time again. I think I should just start adding you and your buddies to my ignore list.
as expected, whine a bit then run away.
pathetic.

I will preface this by saying I think you are a good poster.

However, the rampant usage of "sex assigned at birth" terminology is nonsense. Biological sex is not "given" or "assigned" at birth. Biological sex is determined long before birth.
It seems this language is used to emphasize the fact that a person's sex is not something that they can choose, but rather it is a biological characteristic that is named by the doctor at the time of their birth. Additionally, I think this wording can help to avoid confusion or ambiguity, as terms like gender, sex, gender identity are not well-understood by many people.

as expected, whine a bit then run away.
pathetic.
Debunking your untruths (eg DSM only discusses genetics, transgender patients are merely treasure chests for doctors to mutilate and exploit) is not whining and running away. It’s exposing you for what you are, a know-nothing, hateful transphobe. Now goodbye.

Debunking your untruths (eg DSM only discusses genetics, transgender patients are merely treasure chests for doctors to mutilate and exploit) is not whining and running away. It’s exposing you for what you are, a know-nothing, hateful transphobe. Now goodbye.
you debunked nothing. just regurgitated some canned "muh gender is a social construct" type drivel and then you just ran away, like you usually do.

Again, I'm not interested in magazine-style editorial commentary on individual anecdotes.

Anecdotes aren't real arguments, they're case studies. Arguments are formed by the numbers, with a good balance of quantitative and qualitative data, which I don't possess.

You can make literally any 'argument' you want with anecdotes, especially in the medical field.

People die in the most bizarre, unlikely circumstances, and those anecdotes make for real case studies too - but they don't make for strong arguments.

But I accept that anecdotes are easy pickings for a right wing media that's intent on telling you what to think, which seems to be what you're looking for here.

An easy answer to a problem that isn't yours.

What could be simpler?

I started by asking you how many girls who regret getting the double masectony surgery is acceptable to you and you haven't answered yet. You were first skeptical that they existed at all and now you are rejecting indivudual anecdotes so you want statistics then right? Are you currently for minors getting these surgeries or not?

I started by asking you how many girls who regret getting the double masectony surgery is acceptable to you and you haven't answered yet. You were first skeptical that they existed at all and now you are rejecting indivudual anecdotes so you want statistics then right? Are you currently for minors getting these surgeries or not?

It depends.

Having a strong opinion on the subject without any real knowkedge seems stupid and redundant, no?

It depends.

Having a strong opinion on the subject without any real knowkedge seems stupid and redundant, no?
you need "knowledge" to reach a conclusion about the number of mutilated girls that regret their decision that you would find acceptable?
can't you evaluate the thought in your own head?
not my problem, but i just read it and it sounds bizarre.

you need "knowledge" to reach a conclusion about the number of mutilated girls that regret their decision that you would find acceptable?
can't you evaluate the thought in your own head?
not my problem, but i just read it and it sounds bizarre.

What use is the answer 'zero' in this debate?

I also want zero people to die from taking aspirin, but not by outlawing aspirin.

Fake answers for fake arguments I guess. Ideological answers don't work in isolation.

What use is the answer 'zero' in this debate?

I also want zero people to die from taking aspirin, but not by outlawing aspirin.

Fake answers for fake arguments I guess. Ideological answers don't work in isolation.
the use is that is allows for the creation of a moral limit through debate and evaluation according to personal ethics and code of morality. these things are important.
perhaps the answer is zero. or two. or a thousand.

Back