Opinion Transgender Megathread V1.

Are trans-women women?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe lefties should stop sneaking shit into bills and then crying when they don't pass.
Bullshit cover story. It was the same bill they supported before and after the tit for tat using wounded soldiers as collateral damage because they were butthurt that they got outfoxed by Schumer on an unrelated deal. And Schumer finally did to McConnell what McConnell has been doing to them for years with impunity. It's about time the Democrats showed some nuts for once.

I'm making this thread basically just to make the poll, because I'm curious how split people actually are on this.

My opinion and response to some of the more common rhetoric on the other side:
Trans-women are not women. Sex is binary. The modern concept of gender is not real. Words have meanings. Sometimes those meanings change organically over time, but that is very obviously not what's happening in this instance. Everyone knows what a woman is. If a trans person "passes", congrats. You've put on a disguise and managed to fool me.

This whole discussion is an absurd attack on objectivity. The fact that it's gone as far as it has is worrying.

If you conceptually separate sex and gender in a hard way, and tie "woman" to the gender side of it and "female" to the sex (IE - biological) side of it, then maybe. But, that's a lot of word games and relying on unintuitive, fringe definitions of academic flights of fancy to get to a point where I could say "yes." So basically, I can conceive of a definitional paradigm which is not beyond the realm of possibility where it could be the case - but in the discursive landscape we currently live in, no. It's like saying "Is it reasonable to think that the moon crash into the earth?" Well, you can conceive of a situation where it could and therefore it's reasonable to think it is possible - but, at the same time, it's so far afield of what is likely to happen it's unreasonable to think it actually could.

As it is, with the way society at large conceives of the relationship between what it means to be a woman and what it means to be a female, the two can't be separated without confusing the discussion rather than clarifying it. If you start treating terms in ways that make people understand things less, I'd say you're making a bad change - and that's what is being done right now concerning woman/female.

@SummerStriker - they take a day off your double yellows every time you vote "yes" on something like this?

Last edited:
I know a woman when I see one.

And I don't believe in a soul. There is no magical, animating, and gendered spirit. All of your thoughts are generated by the lump of meat inside your skull, because your brain is an organ with the job of generating conscious experience. People who don't think that is true have very limited experience with mental illness, old age, injury, and dementia. I am not going to split hairs with someone on the meat in their head, or the meat in their pants, being more significant when it comes to how they are going to get treated.

People act like there is some kind of important societal implication of trans-women, to which I ask, what the fuck important outcome of your gender rolls do you think you are performing as a man? Are you building fortifications? Are you dying in battle? I used to know a hot chick that killed HUNDREDS of people in Iraq with her helicopter. Are you performing masculinity better than her? What if she got shot down and rapped in a flag? Still more masculine? A few of you, sure. Most, lol, no.

There are LOTS of reasons I won't fuck a woman. She's less attractive than me. She has an illness I don't like. She is tedious. She is dangerous. She has a weird smell from a soap I don't like. She smokes. She's on drugs. She is into Nascar which I hate. Having a dick is also a no go for me, however I am not interested in women for a whole host of MUCH more petty reasons.

I think you could make a good argument that the rules regarding transwomen in women's sports are too loose in some associations. I personally don't think any transwoman should play female sports unless they went on hormone blockers and avoided male puberty. However, that doesn't mean I can't treat them like a woman in public the way I treat most women--with casual disregard.

Bullshit cover story. It was the same bill they supported before and after the tit for tat using wounded soldiers as collateral damage because they were butthurt that they got outfoxed by Schumer on an unrelated deal. And Schumer finally did to McConnell what McConnell has been doing to them for years with impunity. It's about time the Democrats showed some nuts for once.

Did they not propose an alternate bill that ensured the money would only be spent on the veterans?

obviously not.
their pores and connective tissue are arranged differently from those of a woman, their bone structure, including jaw, brow, hips are obviously male, their hairline and bald patterns are male, their body stores fat differently that a woman's, their saliva, sweat and urine contain male pheromones, they are biologically incapable of menstruation and pregnancy, their every somatic cell in the body contains and will forever contain the Y chromosome.

The guy who was named the most homophobic candidate ever? No one is denying that republicans can be homo and transphobic. That’s not going to change medical guidelines though.
Name calling isnt going to change reality either. Males can not become females and vice versa. Crying phobia won't make the truth go away.

I know a woman when I see one.

And I don't believe in a soul. There is no magical, animating, and gendered spirit. All of your thoughts are generated by the lump of meat inside your skull, because your brain is an organ with the job of generating conscious experience. People who don't think that is true have very limited experience with mental illness, old age, injury, and dementia. I am not going to split hairs with someone on the meat in their head, or the meat in their pants, being more significant when it comes to how they are going to get treated.

People act like there is some kind of important societal implication of trans-women, to which I ask, what the fuck important outcome of your gender rolls do you think you are performing as a man? Are you building fortifications? Are you dying in battle? I used to know a hot chick that killed HUNDREDS of people in Iraq with her helicopter. Are you performing masculinity better than her? What if she got shot down and rapped in a flag? Still more masculine? A few of you, sure. Most, lol, no.

There are LOTS of reasons I won't fuck a woman. She's less attractive than me. She has an illness I don't like. She is tedious. She is dangerous. She has a weird smell from a soap I don't like. She smokes. She's on drugs. She is into Nascar which I hate. Having a dick is also a no go for me, however I am not interested in women for a whole host of MUCH more petty reasons.

I think you could make a good argument that the rules regarding transwomen in women's sports are too loose in some associations. I personally don't think any transwoman should play female sports unless they went on hormone blockers and avoided male puberty. However, that doesn't mean I can't treat them like a woman in public the way I treat most women--with casual disregard.

All good points except the part about women and drugs…drugged up women can be funnn…
<{jackyeah}>

All good points except the part about women and drugs…drugged up women can be funnn…
<{jackyeah}>

I'm 1 against 18 in the polls. These fucking echo chamber pussies need to stop worrying so much about secret dick because the women the normally fuck are so ugly they are at real risk of surprise sausage.

Did they not propose an alternate bill that ensured the money would only be spent on the veterans?
Republicans tried for several days to contend that last Wednesday’s blockage of the Pact Act had to do with a technical argument about which portion of the federal budget would fund $280 billion worth of new allocation for veterans health programs.

But 25 Republicans who had recently supported the exact same bill switched their votes last Wednesday, less than an hour after Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) announced their deal on the ambitious legislation unrelated to the Pact Act.

Republicans absorbed a series of political blows, led by comedian Jon Stewart and several prominent veterans groups, that, by lunchtime Tuesday, left many ready to settle the matter and vote to send the legislation quickly to President Biden’s desk.

“He just beat the daylights out of them,” Schumer said Wednesday in a celebratory visit to a couple dozen veterans who have set up a vigil on the Capitol’s north lawn since last week’s failed vote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...es-burn-pits-legislation-after-days-pressure/

If they did, it was part of the same BS cover story that EVERYBODY saw through and they got killed on it, so they tucked tail and voted for it, just like they were going to before using soldiers in a proxy war against Democrats for something else. You don't do that to wounded veterans.

I'm 1 against 18 in the polls. These fucking echo chamber pussies need to stop worrying so much about secret dick because the women the normally fuck are so ugly they are at real risk of surprise sausage.

Out of curiosity, what is a woman? Hell, anyone here want to give it a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back