News Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

“McLaughlin used a rear-naked choke to get the finish at 3 minutes, 32 seconds of the second round.

A former member of the U.S. Army Special Forces, McLaughlin is just the second transgender woman to fight in MMA. Fallon Fox, who was the first, was cageside watching McLaughlin.”
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.esp...submits-celine-provost-mma-debut?platform=amp
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.esp...submits-celine-provost-mma-debut?platform=amp

Alana-McLaughlin-won-her-MMA-debut-Friday..jpg

Lol looks like a like a dude..

Heavy like a dude not a light like a women

I don't understand how this is allowed. Isn't she still a man in legal terms? Besides that, even if they get an operation they still have the muscle fiber of a man.

I don't mind calling someone she instead of he but this shit is just wrong.

Mental illness from being in a super high stress environment maybe.

There is so many because the military(taxpayers) pay for their surgeries, treatment, and they will be fully accommodated. So it’s more so that they join the military for that specific reason rather than there are many military men who all of a sudden realize they aren’t their biological sex.

It’s one of the many valid reasons why grounded people tried to end transgenders in the military because of abuse of that and the fact that all of this made it so they were not usable in combat more than half the time because they were always recovering from a surgery or adjusting to some medication side effects or imbalance. The “exceptions are always the rule” people decided that the military is meant as a social experiment and brought it back.

I don't understand how this is allowed. Isn't she still a man in legal terms? Besides that, even if they get an operation they still have the muscle fiber of a man.

I don't mind calling someone she instead of he but this shit is just wrong.

Ya has bone structure of a man. Genes of a man,

There is absolutely positively fucking NO advantage for a transgendered woman competing in women sports. Nor is there a disadvantage for transgendered men. I mean I'm sure Cheryl Swoopes would fare just as well in the NBA as Michael Jordan in the WNBA (Sherdog Sarcasm Implied)

Well what is your stance then from an intellectual and epistomological perspective? Can you verbally defend how it is possible to turn a man into a female, completely from a biological standpoint?

Would you argue that you could make a horse into a dog, if you gave it cosmetic surgery to make it look like a dog and gave it hormonal treatments to make it more doglike?
My argument is that we don't have enough data to support it either way. I'm for open mindedness and following the science. I think it deserves to be quantified what exactly these advantages are, to what extent they shrink during gender transition and whether those advantages post transition are beyond the scope of what's achievable as a biological female. If you can present that data and it shows that it's an unreasonable advantage I'm on the side of trans women not being allowed to compete with biological women. Until then I'm open minded.

Your analogy is a really stupid one and not worth discussing further.

But what effects does hormone replacement have on athletic performance. I agree, trans who have undergone no hormone replacement would be a no brainer.
Hormone replacement doesn't change the fact that the person is biologically male. For it to be fair, biological males should not be allowed to compete against females. There's no need to make it more complicated. If someone is offended by the rules that were there for centuries to make sports fair and enjoyable for everyone then they need to work on their robustness.

My argument is that we don't have enough data to support it either way. I'm for open mindedness and following the science. I think it deserves to be quantified what exactly these advantages are, to what extent they shrink during gender transition and whether those advantages post transition are beyond the scope of what's achievable as a biological female. If you can present that data and it shows that it's an unreasonable advantage I'm on the side of trans women not being allowed to compete with biological women. Until then I'm open minded.
Your analogy is a really stupid one and not worth discussing further.

Your first point is well taken and makes sense, even if I disagree. I do not have time to dig for data.

Seems you're the one that aren't interested in an actual argument though. What was wrong with my analogy that you felt disqualified it from discussion? Isn't that pretty much whats happening, even if it might be hurtful to say?

Back