Training with Limitations

StevenCrowder

wiener
@purple
Reaction score
Okay so this week is finally the week that I hit the gym hard.

I'm looking at a 4 day split. I'm training at a local highschool and due to their class schedules, I can train mond,tues, thurs, friday and keep the lifting session under an hour and 45 minutes.

All I really have access to is a power rack, barbell/plates, DB's up to 100 and some glute ham raise machines.

Any ideas?

All I really have access to is a power rack, barbell/plates, DB's up to 100 and some glute ham raise machines.

So you have access to everything you need? What is the point of this thread? I'm sure you can formulate a routine on your own man, just start lifting again and stop talking about lifting.

That does sound like everything you need... I mean what more is there to need?

Day 1. Squat and front squat
Day 2. Bench and OHP
Day 3. Deadlift and chinups
Day 4. Plyo/conditioning

Where do you see a real limitation at?

lol this thread is amazing...

"Hey guys I have everything I need to lift and more than enough time to do it... please help!?"

Well not really. The plan I was doing (Carnal's) for a while required quite a bit of cable work. Pull throughs, pull downs, tricep extensions, as well as hypers.

I'm thinking

MON
Deadlift
Rack Pulls
BOR's
GHR's
Farmer's walks

TUES
BP
Pin presses
Incline DB Presses
Skullcrushers
core work

THURS
OHP
Chins
Plate Raises
DB Tricep extention

FRI
Squats
Step ups (or Front Squats)
GM's
GHR's

Essentially I'll keep the main compound movements low, and the assistance lifts at higher reps (around 8) save for Rack pulls and Pin Presses.

This is kind of a hybrid.

I made the most progress when I was doing the standard WSBB program (the 4 day split) only I was doing repetition days, instead of DE days.

The plan Carnal drew up for me was pretty similar to this, only it had higher volume, and utilized some assistance that I can't really do at this gym.

the point is... you have more than enough equipment to lift right... pick a different routine if you don't have the equipment for it.

Seriously mate, you could lift for years with that equipment without running out of variety/progression.

You can do all the pull through and extension stuff with bands if you want to. Or you could just do the 125 variations that are possible with barbells & dumbbells.

Lot of new guys on here. Wow it's been a long time.

Anyway, I went today... and called it quits.

I woke up with a bad cold that I'd been trying to fight off all week, and my lower back injury hadn't really recovered. When I started doing DL's I could feel it really twinging and straining. So I'm just going to continue with the routine starting tomorrow. I'm guessing that by Thurs (Squat day) the lower back should be a lot better.

I'm pretty sure I can finally edge my total up to 1200 by late July. We'll see what happens.

I'm looking at a 4 day split. I'm training at a local highschool and due to their class schedules, I can train mond,tues, thurs, friday and keep the lifting session under an hour and 45 minutes.

Any ideas?

Dude - that's the same setup/schedule that I've been doing for the past 3 years.

You're good to go...

Back