Training with injuries

Digitsu

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you ever train with injuries?

What injuries are you currently training with?

What's the worst injury you tried to ignore?

Yes

Intercostal muscle strain

Popped rib...one time then said f that.

I'm basically held together with chewing gum. If I didn't train through injuries I'd probably never be able to train.

Right now its basically just a sprained ankle.

Yes, all the time. I'm basically one good stack pass away from paraplegia (no offense to anyone intended). I train with a really bad back, tendonitis, all manner of finger injuries, and whatever else happens to arise. Basically if something is going to heal equally fast with or without training, I'll still train. And since some injuries will never heal, I just train and try to not make them worse.

Worst injury ever is slipped discs in lower back. Every other injury I have been able to train through. That one floored me.

Not an injury but I got smallpox at 25 years of age- I am well now but the doctors told me to steer clear from training for at least a week longer otherwise my heart might get an inflammation. I think I will obey doctor's orders, all things measured.

Not an injury but I got smallpox at 25 years of age- I am well now but the doctors told me to steer clear from training for at least a week longer otherwise my heart might get an inflammation. I think I will obey doctor's orders, all things measured.

Smallpox?!?

I train with a rather unstable left thumb (I feel like it subluxes if I don't tape it just the right way before practice)

I also train with a R shoulder that has crepitus and might be slightly unstable in certain positions (I have no issues getting kimura'd or americana'd but I don't feel safe performing a textbook osoto-gari). It really doesn't give me too much trouble and doesn't hurt but I make sure to be aware of it and tap earlier to shoulder locks.

I do have a recovering ATFL in my right ankle that I train through. It's almost fine but I have to make sure to angle my ankle when I'm in someones guard to make sure it doesn't hyper extend, I'm also very careful with ankle locks and tap early if I feel like its locked in.

The worst injury I tried to train through was a torn labrum in my left shoulder. I was able to casually train Judo with it for almost a year (only training 1-2x weekly) but whenever I tried to do any measure of hard competition training it would sublux on me. Stupid me should have gotten the surgery when it first happened and I would have progressed better in training.

Yes. I have a terrible herpes outbreak on my penis. It hurts any/everytime i move. But i still enjoy rolling around with dudes on the mat so i do it anyway. Also, my asshole is really sore.

currently on the shelf with a broken toe. tried to work out on it last week, but i cant plant enough weight on that foot to move or mix in strikes like i need to.

this might also be the worst injury i've tried to ignore. i figured that i'd be fine after i popped the bone back in place & wrapped it lol.

I think you mean chicken pox. At least I hope you do.

Chronic back and neck pain, and still recovering from a shoulder injury.

Luckily, I haven't had any serious injuries in 5+ years of training - a coupled sprained knees that still hurt from time to time, sore joints, and the occasional stiff neck, but for the most part I've been fairly good. I also don't have any cauliflower ear. Maybe I need more aggressive training partners...

After being choked out does anyone else's butt hurt upon waking?

Slight damage from a Darce I was too foolish to try to fight out of, to C4-C5 which causes stiffness of my right trap. Sprained my left bunion so I can't really bend my left toe during a single leg.

Still training but I tap quickly if anyone gets me in a Guillotine, Darce or similar submission attempt.

I've gotten mrsa, folliculitis, ring worm, staph and strep (skin abscess not throat).

No injuries from trauma that requires medical attention though

I've gotten mrsa, folliculitis, ring worm, staph and strep (skin abscess not throat).
Get outta here with those weak ass infections - ITT we have a legit smallpox victim! Comeback when you've had Ebola or some shit...

...smallpox has been eradicated from the world since the 70s. How old are you?

Back