Training Partner In ATL Area

Imbout2swang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any fellow mixed martial artists in the Atlanta area willing to get together and train or spar a couple of times a week. I'm a very good yet unorthodox striker. I'm a fairly decent grappler also, with my style being more related to catch wrestling than anything else. I'm very athletic, a LW, and wishing to pursue a career in MMA. Any serious takers, feel free to PM me.

How about finding a good MMA/BJJ school and signing up? I'm fairly sure there's no lack in the Atlanta area. It's also a much more efficient method of actually having a career in MMA.

Go into one of the BJJ schools around, tell them you're a fairly decent grappler then roll with a 6 month white belt, it'll motivate you to find legitimate training. I'm not big enough of an asshole to recommend you do the same at a good Muay Thai academy.

How about finding a good MMA/BJJ school and signing up? I'm fairly sure there's no lack in the Atlanta area. It's also a much more efficient method of actually having a career in MMA.

Go into one of the BJJ schools around, tell them you're a fairly decent grappler then roll with a 6 month white belt, it'll motivate you to find legitimate training. I'm not big enough of an asshole to recommend you do the same at a good Muay Thai academy.

Actually, there is a lack in the Atlanta area. Other than Unit 2, Knuckle Up, and Alliance, there are no good MMA camps in Atlanta. And even those are so-so. They teach no wrestling. Alliance and Unit 2 have great BJJ though. And Knuckle Up is pretty good for stand-up.

And I'm not a beginner. When I say I have a decent ground game, I'm talking in terms of how I believe I would do against pro fighters. I would absolutely steamroll a white belt JJ guy. Been there, done that. And I have fought several amateur boxing and kickboxing matches with the ISKA and some smaller promotions, so not to sound conceited, but I would be one of the big fish in almost any Muay Thai academy. I'm not conventional MMA. I'm very unorthodox, and think outside of the box of Muay Thai, Wrestling, and JJ. I like to think of myself as the next Machida or Sakuraba, as far as bringing an unorthodox style to the MMA table. Thanks for the advice though.

I was hoping to find a good training partner. Didn't catch too many MMA minded people in either of the schools I went to, so I was hoping Sherdog had a few hiding within these threads. It don't matter the skill level, as long as you have a real desire to compete in MMA, and difference in skill between the two of us will be closed as we train and learn from each other. .

Call Blake Bowman, he's got a new school down there, Team Praxis is where he and the Miller Brothers all started too.

You have Ian McPherson at Alliance who was a collegiate wrestler. I feel pretty confident he could give you a good workout.
I don't mean to burst your bubble but Atlanta has soem great camps inclusing the ones you mentioned. Not sure what your used to quality wise, obviously you have trained at some first class camps but I feel certain you could get some good sparring at any of the camps you mentioned.

You can also drive 45 minutes to an hour and train i Athens with Forrest Griffins camp, can"t remember the name but heard they had a great facility.

Back