training of the pro's

kickboxing_fan1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know there is the sticky at the top with the training of the pro's but I was wondering if anybody knew the breakdown of a typical day of a pro. the sticky at the top shows how they do the bags, sparring etc. but I was wondering how a pro would breakdown his day i.e 10 a.m run 40 mins 1 p.m. sparring etc.

watch ufc all access; it takes you through the training of some of the top ufc fighters and what a typical day or days consists of ie skill training, strength and conditioning and nutrition. They havent made one since Brock fought Mir...its a shame cause its a fantastic show. The best this far hands down was Sean Sherks, followed closely by Randys.

But just remember something; what works for them may not work for you. The shoe that fits one man pinches another.

Which sport are you talking about?

Ive seen the Buakaw Gym documentary and all the guys from that gym do:

Early Morning - Long slow run
Morning - 2-3 hours training
Evening - 2-3 hours training with some sports specific conditioning at the end (100 knees on bag, kicks till failure, skipping etc.)

I imagine boxing would be pretty similar. Long slow run in the morning, go to the gym rest and then gym again in the evening.

Heres something I found online, apparently this is roughly how they train at the proper Thai gyms:

6:00am - 5km to 10km run usually alternating between uphill, downhill and straight ground
6:45am - skipping for 3 x 5 rounds (Thai's often do the 15 minutes straight)
7:10am - Dynamic stretching (Leg raises, arm swings, hip rotation, etc)
7:15am - Shadow boxing 3 x 5 minute rounds
7:40am - Technique (Trainers will watch them punch, knee, kick and make sure it is being done effectively)
8:00am - Hard bag work (Constantly pushing the fighter for 5 x 5 minute rounds)
8:30am - Pad work (3 x 5 minute rounds)
8:45am - 200 Front kicks (keeping the bag at an angle), 200 knees, 200 round houses, 200 punches
9:10am - Clinch sparring and throws, may go on till 10am some days, usually about 9:30am
Finish with some Isometric and Relaxed stretching

4:00pm - 16 x 300m sprints up and down a hill
4:20pm - skipping for 3 x 5 rounds (Thai's often do the 15 minutes straight)
4:35pm - Dynamic stretching (Leg raises, arm swings, hip rotation, etc)
4:40pm - Shadow boxing 3 x 5 minute rounds
5:00pm - Technique (Trainers will watch them punch, knee, kick and make sure it is being done effectively)
5:20pm - Hard bag work (Constantly pushing the fighter for 5 x 5 minute rounds)
5:40pm - Pad work (3 x 5 minute rounds)
6:00pm - 200 Front kicks (keeping the bag at an angle), 200 knees, 200 round houses, 200 punches
6:15pm - Clinch sparring and throws, may go on till 7pm some days, usually about 6:30pm
Finish with some Isometric and Relaxed stretching

watch ufc all access; it takes you through the training of some of the top ufc fighters and what a typical day or days consists of ie skill training, strength and conditioning and nutrition. They havent made one since Brock fought Mir...its a shame cause its a fantastic show. The best this far hands down was Sean Sherks, followed closely by Randys.

But just remember something; what works for them may not work for you. The shoe that fits one man pinches another.

+1

yup, the sean sherk episode is my favorite followed by wands.

in thailad we did:

morning session

5-10k run
15mins skip
5 rounds on pads
5 rounds on bag
200 teeps
200 knees
300 punches
clinching

afternoon session

5-10k run