Training Log 2013

22/1, 2012:

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

Some technical shadow/bag work followed by puke inducing Heavy bag sprints.

Training was seriously too hard. My entire body aches. Lying on couch.

No internet at home, all posting via phone hence lack of my beloved formatting.

Last edited:
Finally got me some internet. I was losing sleep at the thought of the possible "views" I was getting whilst in my un-formatted, naked form.

Unfortunately I have some kind of pec strain under my left arm. I can do push-ups without pain, but pressing down (as in dips), or pressing isometrically into a wall in a hook or upper-cut type fashion brings the pain.

I'm going to train tonight but limit myself to kicking and checking type drills. Maybe some light shadow. If I can't be accommodated in the second class I'll jump on the stationary bike for some cardiac output.

23/1, 2012:

Kickboxing - 3 hrs

Lower body drills and kicking only.

Last edited:
24/1, 2013:

Thankfully my injury is much better, to the tune of 60-70% after less than 48 hours. Must be a super minor strain. Still, kept things lower body oriented during training today. That and the fact that it was 40 degrees....even hotter in the training area.

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

Tomorrow I am not sure what I'll do. Either A) legs only sparring (which is frustrating), B) a cardiac output session on the bike, C) A+B, or D) A + Aerobic explosive repeat lower body only.

Rather annoyed that the explosive repeat got derailed by the pec strain and heat.

25/1, 2013:

Conditioning: Cardiac output - 45 min

30 min run
15 min shadow

Average HR = 145+

Last edited:
26/1, 2012:

Happy Invasion Day ('Australia Day')

I had to dick around with some higher volume assistance exercises today. No pressing or anything that might aggravate my pec. Even DB Rows were out as I could feel it whilst bracing myself with my left hand. Only mildly mind you. But I am super cautious. Currently healed 95%. Kept Squats and DLs super light as well. Pretty pissed off about having to hold back.

Strength

Warm-up: Cycling, Foam Rolling, activation exercises.

Squat
20 x 5, 2 sets.
40 x 3, 2 sets.
60 x 3
70 x 3

Deadlift
70 x 5
100 x 3
120 x 1
130 x 1
140 x 1

BB Shrugs
100 x 6
90 x 10, 5 sets.

Side Bends
20 x 10, 3 sets.
25 x 10

Tricep Push-downs
3 x 25

Leg Curls
2-3 x 15+

Last week was disappointing. I missed out on some of my scheduled "8 Weeks Out" training due to the minor pec strain as well as a cold that I had. Still, managed 5 kickboxing sessions as well as one lifting and one running session. My 8 weeks is actually just under 9, so I will catch up. Made inroads on that yesterday (Sunday), my usual day off:

27/1, 2012:

Conditioning Aerobic Explosive Repeat

Warm-Up: Foam Rolling

Series 1: Jump Squats - 12s work / 40s rest - 10 sets.

Active Recovery - Single Leg Glute Bridges, External Rotations, more foam rolling.

Series 2: MB Slams - 12s work / 40s rest - 10 sets.

28/1, 2013:

It is a long weekend public holiday, so my lifting and kickboxing gym is closed. Took the opportunity to catch up on another missed conditioning workout.

Conditioning: High Resistance Intervals (HRI)

Warm-Up: Foam Rolling, Glute Bridges, Light Jog to a nearby hill.

Hill Sprints
x 3 @ moderate 'warm-up' pace
x 15 @ max intensity. Rest until HR = 135.

Notes:

Total time was 22:30 for the 15 sprints. HR went from 168 to 98 in 60 seconds (sitting) following the final sprint.

29/1, 2013:

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

Lots of clinching, which I suck at, as well as kicks on the heavy bag.

30/1, 2013:

Kickboxing - 3 hrs

Usual jump rope, shadow-boxing, light rounds on the bags. Some kicking drills (4 rounds), 4 rounds of hard pads, and a number of heavy bag sprints. Rested for a little while, then 1 hr sparring.

31/1, 2013:

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

30/1, 2013:

Kickboxing - 3 hrs

Usual jump rope, shadow-boxing, light rounds on the bags. Some kicking drills (4 rounds), 4 rounds of hard pads, and a number of heavy bag sprints. Rested for a little while, then 1 hr sparring.

That sounds like it probably sucked. But I still don't give you permission to complain about being sore and shit.

1/2, 2013:

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

Shadow and whatnot warm-up. Hard sparring. Man. I was really sharp and feeling really fresh tonight. Big improvement.

2/2, 2013:

Woke up with a deep pain in my glute. Could have squatted or wotnot, but decided not to risk it. Fuck. One injury after another. I'm guessing its the combination of hill sprints plus all the kicking and knees I've been doing due to my upper body minor injury. Fucking injury cycle.

So-called "Strength" workout

DB OHP
10s x 8
20s x 8, 4 sets.

DB Row
20 x 12, 4 sets.

Side Bends
20 x 12, 3 sets.

Hammer Curls
12.5 x 8, 3 sets.

Notes:
Trying to foam roll my glute. Not yet willing to stretch it out.

4/2, 2012:

Kickboxing - 3 hrs

Terrible session.

5/2, 2013:

Kickboxing - 2 hrs

Sucked. Going to take two days off.

7/2, 2012:

Conditioning:

Skipping - 5 x 3 minute rounds
Shadow Boxing - 5 x 3 minute rounds.

Total time (including time between rounds) - 38 minutes, HR Average = 149.

8/2, 2013:

Conditioning

Swimming - 25 minutes

Skipping - 4 x 2 minute rounds, 30 second breaks. As hard as possible. Average HR was 170, but that included the rest intervals. Peak HR was 194, which is the highest I have ever seen my HR go. Lol.

Back