1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Training in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Fwogz1, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Fwogz1

Fwogz1 Blue Belt

I've seen a few threads about training in Amsterdam but I'm headed out there next week and would like some more specific information. Last time I stayed at the renaissance marriott in Amsterdam. Not sure what area you would call that, but I think I'll be staying near there again. Ill be there for about a week. And I'm looking to possibly get in a session or two of training out there. What I'm asking from you guys is recommendations of gyms and some information with it, like schedules, single class pricing, locations, and I borrow equiptment since I dont think I'll be traveling with any (could bring wraps, shorts, and a cup). I do mostly grappling at my school now but have been mixing in a lot more stand up so I'm basically looking to go for the experience more than a hard training session right now and the fact that I'll be on vacation I dont need to walk around with a broken nose or something ha. thanks guys

2. RTC666

RTC666 Yellow Belt

Sportcentrum Kops (BODY FIT)

weesperzijde

boxing- kickboxing-wrestling- grappling- mma-

look at the site on the left: informatie and then tijden for all the information about time and when to do what

3. lefthooklowkick

lefthooklowkick Orange Belt

could be wrong but doesnt ernesto hoost have a gym in amsterdam? id definitely check that out

4. PRIDE.FC

PRIDE.FC Orange Belt

theres a tone of great gyms in amsterdam
    golden glory, mikes gym, meijiro, vos gym just google any of these names to get info

5. PRIDE.FC

PRIDE.FC Orange Belt

im sure hoost was at vos gym but i herd he owns a gym in japan

6. paolo27th

paolo27th Black Belt

Hey dude, do you train at this gym? I`m planning to check it out when I go to Amsterdam in 1-1.5 months time. Can I ask you some stuff?

7. Minatour MMA

Minatour MMA Black Belt

Train Kickboxing, you are in Amsterdam, they are world class at it. Go to any gym in the 4th post.

8. Vinand

Vinand R.I.P Andy Hug

The notorius mikes gym burned down last september in Amsterdam North, they re opened in Oostzaan which is very close to amsterdam.
    The most famous gym is afcourse chakuriku, from Tom Harinck. He mad k1 champions like badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Hesdy gerges etc...
    Vos Gym is from Ivan Hippolyte, Major fighters were born here. Like Hoost.
    Meijiro is from Andree Mannaart. He style is just underrated and insane. Remy Bonjasky was made here. (The old agressive one)
    Golden glory is not in amsterdam but there main sportgym is in Breda. They got just too many famous fighters training there.

If you want to look then i def advice you to look at Vos Gym and Chakurika. Vos gym has that oldschool mike tyson trainins style and Ivan hippo is just an amazing trainer. Tom Harinck is just such a good mental trainer, i would def advice you to check that out to. Mikes gym is huge too, their trainings are insane and verrrry high leveled. They expect you to have the mental strenght of a fighter, if you dont then you wont survive it there. :)

never went to meijiro so cant tell you about them. But heard a lot of good story's about andree manaart. :) I hope i helped you a bit, just post if you want more detailed info. :D

9. PRIDE.FC

PRIDE.FC Orange Belt

jesus how did i forget that mikes gym burnt down lol it was during the 2009 wgp aswell

10. Fwogz1

Fwogz1 Blue Belt

I think I'm gonna try to stop by mikes gym, I'll send them an email. Thanks guys for the help.

11. Vinand

Vinand R.I.P Andy Hug

then maybe we will meet :)

12. PoundUmOut2

PoundUmOut2 American Gangster

thats going to be a great experience man take some pictures for us.

i will be in europe for 2 months in the spring, spending a whole week of my vacation around golden glory to check it out.

13. Fwogz1

Fwogz1 Blue Belt

Do you train at mike's gym vinand? I sent them an email last night at there [email protected] address and haven't heard anything back yet.

14. PRIDE.FC

PRIDE.FC Orange Belt

id love to train in amsterdam pretty sure im too small to train with those gaints lol
    5,8 142lb

15. ChinBo37

ChinBo37 Black Belt

VOS or Meijiro's.

Mike's gym is not really central in AMS so it depends on what kind of transportation you have. If you are just relying on regular public transport I say VOS or Meijiro.

16. Fwogz1

Fwogz1 Blue Belt

I think we'll have a rental car for the week. But I'd like to check out VOS and Meijiro as well.

17. krazylarry

krazylarry ALL HAIL DAIMONOS

I'm very interested in this, post how it was and how much it cost please.

18. slashdotter

slashdotter Yellow Belt

You're wrong, Ernesto trained at Vos Gym in Amsterdam but started his own Gym in Hoorn last year.

19. slashdotter

slashdotter Yellow Belt

• Golden Glory isn't in Amsterdam
    • Mike's Gym moved to Oostzaan (just outside Amsterdam)
    • Mejiro is fucking expense, better try Vos Gym (also easier/better located).

20. slashdotter

slashdotter Yellow Belt

If you stay in a hostel in Amsterdam you don't need a rental car. Just take the tram or bus to Vos Gym. Maybe better is to rent or buy a secondhand bike.