Training in Amsterdam

Fwogz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads about training in Amsterdam but I'm headed out there next week and would like some more specific information. Last time I stayed at the renaissance marriott in Amsterdam. Not sure what area you would call that, but I think I'll be staying near there again. Ill be there for about a week. And I'm looking to possibly get in a session or two of training out there. What I'm asking from you guys is recommendations of gyms and some information with it, like schedules, single class pricing, locations, and I borrow equiptment since I dont think I'll be traveling with any (could bring wraps, shorts, and a cup). I do mostly grappling at my school now but have been mixing in a lot more stand up so I'm basically looking to go for the experience more than a hard training session right now and the fact that I'll be on vacation I dont need to walk around with a broken nose or something ha. thanks guys

Sportcentrum Kops (BODY FIT)

weesperzijde

boxing- kickboxing-wrestling- grappling- mma-

look at the site on the left: informatie and then tijden for all the information about time and when to do what

could be wrong but doesnt ernesto hoost have a gym in amsterdam? id definitely check that out

theres a tone of great gyms in amsterdam
golden glory, mikes gym, meijiro, vos gym just google any of these names to get info

Hernan "He-Man" Mendez;43838223 said:
could be wrong but doesnt ernesto hoost have a gym in amsterdam? id definitely check that out

im sure hoost was at vos gym but i herd he owns a gym in japan

Sportcentrum Kops (BODY FIT)

weesperzijde

boxing- kickboxing-wrestling- grappling- mma-

look at the site on the left: informatie and then tijden for all the information about time and when to do what

Hey dude, do you train at this gym? I`m planning to check it out when I go to Amsterdam in 1-1.5 months time. Can I ask you some stuff?

Train Kickboxing, you are in Amsterdam, they are world class at it. Go to any gym in the 4th post.

golden glory, mikes gym, meijiro, vos gym just google any of these names to get info

The notorius mikes gym burned down last september in Amsterdam North, they re opened in Oostzaan which is very close to amsterdam.
The most famous gym is afcourse chakuriku, from Tom Harinck. He mad k1 champions like badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Hesdy gerges etc...
Vos Gym is from Ivan Hippolyte, Major fighters were born here. Like Hoost.
Meijiro is from Andree Mannaart. He style is just underrated and insane. Remy Bonjasky was made here. (The old agressive one)
Golden glory is not in amsterdam but there main sportgym is in Breda. They got just too many famous fighters training there.

If you want to look then i def advice you to look at Vos Gym and Chakurika. Vos gym has that oldschool mike tyson trainins style and Ivan hippo is just an amazing trainer. Tom Harinck is just such a good mental trainer, i would def advice you to check that out to. Mikes gym is huge too, their trainings are insane and verrrry high leveled. They expect you to have the mental strenght of a fighter, if you dont then you wont survive it there. :)

never went to meijiro so cant tell you about them. But heard a lot of good story's about andree manaart. :) I hope i helped you a bit, just post if you want more detailed info. :D

jesus how did i forget that mikes gym burnt down lol it was during the 2009 wgp aswell

I think I'm gonna try to stop by mikes gym, I'll send them an email. Thanks guys for the help.

thats going to be a great experience man take some pictures for us.

i will be in europe for 2 months in the spring, spending a whole week of my vacation around golden glory to check it out.

id love to train in amsterdam pretty sure im too small to train with those gaints lol
5,8 142lb

VOS or Meijiro's.

Mike's gym is not really central in AMS so it depends on what kind of transportation you have. If you are just relying on regular public transport I say VOS or Meijiro.

VOS or Meijiro's.

Mike's gym is not really central in AMS so it depends on what kind of transportation you have. If you are just relying on regular public transport I say VOS or Meijiro.

I think we'll have a rental car for the week. But I'd like to check out VOS and Meijiro as well.

I'm very interested in this, post how it was and how much it cost please.

Hernan "He-Man" Mendez;43838223 said:

You're wrong, Ernesto trained at Vos Gym in Amsterdam but started his own Gym in Hoorn last year.

• Golden Glory isn't in Amsterdam
  • Mike's Gym moved to Oostzaan (just outside Amsterdam)
  • Mejiro is fucking expense, better try Vos Gym (also easier/better located).

I think we'll have a rental car for the week. But I'd like to check out VOS and Meijiro as well.

If you stay in a hostel in Amsterdam you don't need a rental car. Just take the tram or bus to Vos Gym. Maybe better is to rent or buy a secondhand bike.

Back