Training frequency and volume during cut.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Respeezy, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Respeezy

Respeezy Purple Belt

Was just wondering when you switch from bulk to cut, what are you guys doing with the training frequency and volume?

I am asking because i was under the impression that when cutting you should cut down on volume and frequency. ( dont remember my source for that).

But in all my cuts i feel i am losing way too much strength compared to what other people are reporting from their cuts, so i am wondering if maybe my frequency/ volume is too low in my cuts.

Please reply with your training frequency and volume when you are bulking/maintaining and what you change when you go into a cut. Or maybe people stay on the same schedule?

2. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

Presuming you mean trying to improve your body composition after a period of focusing on getting stronger and eating more... just do your normal strength programme. If you are doing a lot of higher rep work you might want to tone that down. Or you might not- it's up to you. Just lower your expectations for how much you will progress.

3. MMouse

MMouse Now you enter...the shredder Banned

Yes. When restricting calories cut down volume. I'm paying the price for it and certainly something you dont want to go through.

As long you maintain 2/3rds of what your doing so say instead.of 5-6 sets of 5-8 reps, it be 2-3 sets of 5-8reps.