Training for almost 2 years and can't do a Guillotine choke...

Best idea would be to ask your instructor what your doing wrong, he will be able to point out what errors you are making....that being said sometimes you just change one little thing about a technique an it just suddenly clicks

So I had a $100 bet with my friend; the gist of it was that he had to survive 73 seconds against me (he's got about two months of training; I've got four years). Elbow-flare no-arm guillotine to the rescue!

You have a lovely home and an immaculate fireplace.

I feel the need to plug Marcelo's site on here - mginaction has so much good material it's pretty much a no brainer for $25 a month.

You have a lovely home and an immaculate fireplace.

Thanks! It's a rental though - me and six of my poker friends rent it out during the summer and split the costs. It's like the TUF house except we all like each other and no one has ever (to my knowledge) defiled anyone's sushi.

So I had a $100 bet with my friend; the gist of it was that he had to survive 73 seconds against me (he's got about two months of training; I've got four years). Elbow-flare no-arm guillotine to the rescue!

Very instructive! People said it could put someone out, but I haven't met anybody who's stood up to the trachea choke/pain factor to find out. Nicely done.

I don't know of any real defense against it, as the classic technical guillotine escape doesn't seem to help much (checking the choke against the leverage is somewhat futile, and it doesn't use the hip extension so the arm over the shoulder doesn't do much good either). Pretty much it's the "don't get guillotined" defense, which is little consolation when you're caught in one.

Back