Training BJJ at home?

I see. I'm not too familiar with stuff like feet measurements, but 100 square feet of mats sounds like something obscenely expensive... and huge. I'm picturing a soccer field full of mats.

That's 10 feet by 10 feet. Very small area.

its the same thing as a gracie garage

except eddie doesn't make you buy his mats

You don't have to buy mats from Gracie Academy either to have a Gracie Garage. I bought some cheap mats online and they still gave me the Garage satus.

Ok I dont live in the boonies, I just live in a small town not really close to a real city, and Im 15 so I dont have my drivers license yet so I cant drive myself there.

So go to GracieUniversity.com and look for a garage in your area. If not, get a hold of some mats measuring at least 10' by 10' and start your own garage and maybe you may have some interested people in your area. Get the Gracie Combatives DVDs and you'll get to set a great foundation for all of Jiu Jitsu.

Then by the time you can drive yourself around you'll have a good foundation set before stepping into a gym. Or maybe by the time you master the Combatives techniques a gym could be open in your area.

But if a gym does open up or becomes more accessible make sure you check it out. Online learning should be used for supplemental purposes if possible.

Just try and find a gym, what city you in? Im sure someone could find one in Michigan.

So go to GracieUniversity.com and look for a garage in your area. If not, get a hold of some mats measuring at least 10' by 10' and start your own garage and maybe you may have some interested people in your area. Get the Gracie Combatives DVDs and you'll get to set a great foundation for all of Jiu Jitsu.

Then by the time you can drive yourself around you'll have a good foundation set before stepping into a gym. Or maybe by the time you master the Combatives techniques a gym could be open in your area.

But if a gym does open up or becomes more accessible make sure you check it out. Online learning should be used for supplemental purposes if possible.

Just so long as you don't buy into the belt promotion thing.

Back