training at two bjj schools, is that ok?

Damn creontes.

Just stick to one place unless you enjoy the thrill of "cheating" on your instructors.

Damn in a place such as LA it would be hard. I wouldn't recommend training at two different BJJ places, however I would recommend maybe one BJJ place and training with Gene Lebel and Gokor, or one BJJ place and maybe Erik Paulson. However if you trained at two different BJJ places, expect a lot of pain and asskickings while rolling. Also you might want to tell the instructors.

I wouldn't, personally. I would ask the professor and always respect his wishes. Unless you are a businessman and say, spend one week in NY and the other in LA. Then that would be totally acceptable. Here there is not so much stigma, but I have been told it is a no-no in Brasil.

Oktavius said:
From my experience your instructors will get shitty and demand you make up your mind one way or the other, and you can probly forget getting being graded because whatever you learned at one school wont count to the other instructor because if it aint the way they showed you, its wrong. Plus if you enter competitions which school will you compete under? and against your other school.

that about covers it.

i understand all this loyalty loyalty thing. but i noticed a lot of people after getting a blue belt for example, decide to move on to another school, perhaps because the instructor at the first school moved on and started a school, or just decided to leave to attend another school..... what are the thoughts on this then? is this considered traitor-ish as well ??? leaving a school after attaining a belt rank and attending another?

i hope what your getting from this is that you should have a feel for your original school and its instructor and how they would react to learning about you training someone else.
think about it and decided whats best for your situation.

Train at both places. That is what I am doing right now. Just be honest with both of your instructors.

Be loyal...
learn one thing before you try to go become a phenom and fail

flyingknee16 said:
Train at both places. That is what I am doing right now. Just be honest with both of your instructors.

i train at 2 places also..

but havent told both of them..

i will eventually

but one place teaches vale tudo and the other one is jsut bjj so its a slight difference

:D

see if your instructor teaches in any ohter place in difrenet times or ask him about any friend /student he has that also gives classes cuz u wanna train more days... just keep to the same circle of friends...

Back