Training at 2 different gyms?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was training at a very good gym with great kickboxers and nak muays with numerous titles and wins against some big names. It is located about 40 min away from me, but i got injured so i took a break. I'm looking to start training there again but im in college so the training schedule doesn't always fit my agenda because im in college.

I will probably start training in a gym that is located 7 min from mine but they only have pure muay thai fighters and no kickboxers, and i want to be able to spar with some of the fighters at the other gym.

Would it be a problem if i have a membership at both gyms? Depending on how well my injury heals i will probably start fighting.

why not move closer to the gym which is currently 40 mins away?

if you are serious about being a fighter that may be your best option.

why not move closer to the gym which is currently 40 mins away?

if you are serious about being a fighter that may be your best option.

I want to fight but i wanna do multiple shit. I'm not gonna devote my whole life into fighting.

Would it be a problem?
No.
Are you worried about the other fighters? You shouldn't be.
Train anywhere you can to find the best technique. Do you possess the eye of the tiger? Some teachers learned differently and you can learn more. Also the more training partners the better. If you can afford it you should do both. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Well i was watching a video from the nearby gym and they dont look very good technicaly to be honest. Although they have some national champs and some ISKA titles. It's cheaper aswell. I'll have to go check it out when it opens again next week before i decide.

Train at the close one, drop in to the other once in a while for cross training and sparring

I do this for similar reasons to you. Works fine. Are you concerned about the politics or something?

Are you concerned about the politics or something?

Yeah. I think ill go to the 40 min away gym though.

I sent a mail to the nearby gym and asked a couple questions and their policies seem kinda shitty.

Back