Trained with Eddie Bravo yesterday

johil d'o said:
Eddie's school is NOT in Santa Monica. It's in Los Angeles, closer to west Hollywood than Santa Monica.

Thanks

i train at Eddie's academy and it's on santa monica in west hollywood , maybe half a mile from fairfax(cross-street).

Just got his new book this morning and it looks awsome.

I hope he comes over here some time because he's probabaly second on my list of people i'd like to Train with (Kyra gracie just has a couple of things he hasn't ;-) )

You guys that get to see him are very lucky.

By "in Reality Superfight", do you mean he's fighting at the event, or he's going to commentate?

I'd really like to see him apply his concepts to true MMA.

The Sickness said:
West Hollywood to be exact, best submission school in the country. Come by some time...

I always thought that this was interesting. Running a no gi jiu-jitsu school in West Hollywood. :D

Not flaming... just an observation.

Sherdog_Mutt said:
I always thought that this was interesting. Running a no gi jiu-jitsu school in West Hollywood. :D

Not flaming... just an observation.

Yes, interesting.
I've heard there are a lot of up and coming guys from that area...

man I envy you bro.

Eddie Bravo is a badass,
I dont share his sense of humor,
but I think his non-gi jiu-jitsu is OFF the HOOk.
it has helped my game tremendously.

I dont understand the haters.

Good to hear that you have enjoyed to train whit him, I have heard that his shcool is very good.

ClubberLange said:
Didn't another yank sub a Gracie recently?
The first time it's happened in a gi comp. Might have been that Budo thing.

rafael lovato jr. tapped rolls gracie jr. at budo.

back on topic..... i have not trained with bravo, but i recently got his book. it is pretty interesting and worth the money.

as the USA level improves its just a matter of time for more and more
americans become good grapplers.

I believe Dean Lister is also at a level to beat a Gracie if the
situation occurs!

VampireMonk said:
as the USA level improves its just a matter of time for more and more
americans become good grapplers.

I believe Dean Lister is also at a level to beat a Gracie if the
situation occurs!

We shoud see at the next ADCC because he should be fighting Roger Gracie in the superfight. Man I cant wait to see it. I think Roger will take it though. That guy was super impressive at ADCC 2005

You're lucky to get to train with such a revolutionary BJJ guy like Eddie.

I got also his book. One of the best no gi instructionals out there. Would love to get the possibility to train with him once. And I am totaly ok with his view about the GI! Not usefull if you train for MMA. If you want to evolve in the sport you need to keep what works and skip what don't!

Back