Trained with Eddie Bravo yesterday

T

Tyler Justice

He was showing some awesome stuff at the seminar at my academy-Drowning wizzer, The Ninja, all his twister stuff. I feel my Jiu Jitsu game has improved twice as much as it used to be and he was a really cool guy on top of it all, very funny dude.

nice to hear you had fun training with Bravo

hes supposed to be a very good bjj trainer

Good for you. I prefer gi jiu jitsu myself and I know Bravo is sort of gi-agnostic. But he sounds like a great guy to learn from. And his line "MMA without jiu jitsu is just bad kickboxing" is one of the truest things ever said about the sport.

Any pics from the seminar?

Pretty cool oppotunity man. Nice. Eddie trains all no-gi right?

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
nice to hear you had fun training with Bravo

hes supposed to be a very good bjj trainer

He is an awesome trainer and all his stuff is really effective, especially his half guard stuff.

wOg said:
Good for you. I prefer gi jiu jitsu myself and I know Bravo is sort of gi-agnostic. But he sounds like a great guy to learn from. And his line "MMA without jiu jitsu is just bad kickboxing" is one of the truest things ever said about the sport.

Any pics from the seminar?

Iam hopin to post some as soon as I get them developed.

Where does Eddie train from.....is he in Vegas?

Only American or at least first (Im not up to date on it) to submit a Gracie.

I'd like to get a hold of some of ADCC matches

Good for you though

If Iam not mistaken Bravo is gonna be in Reality Superfight or somthin like that and I think he would have been in the latest ADCC if he had not hurt his ribs.

PHWrestler2005 said:
If Iam not mistaken Bravo is gonna be in Reality Superfight or somthin like that and I think he would have been in the latest ADCC if he had not hurt his ribs.
What do you mean by reality superfight?

I just bought his book JuJitsu Unleashed and I'm really enjoying it. He has a lot of interesting concepts.

bretticious said:
What do you mean by reality superfight?

Dude, Iam not too sure but I heard a guy at my academy talkin to him about a match he is gonna be in. Wish I could remember exactly what it was but my head is too jam packed of techniques from that seminar.

I like bravo and all but i dont respect the fact that he completley abadoned the gi.....to be a complete jiu jitsu guy i think you hafta embrace the roots (meaning the gi). Of course the direction of MMA has taken no-gi jiu jitsu to new levels and eddie is responsible for a lot of that, i just think it was disrespectful to just abadon the gi. Thats what got him there. But that is just my opinion. I dont want this to turn into a gi vs no gi thread. I do train both, i just respect the gi game a lot.

MadMonkeyBJJx9 said:
I like bravo and all but i dont respect the fact that he completley abadoned the gi.....to be a complete jiu jitsu guy i think you hafta embrace the roots (meaning the gi). Of course the direction of MMA has taken no-gi jiu jitsu to new levels and eddie is responsible for a lot of that, i just think it was disrespectful to just abadon the gi. Thats what got him there. But that is just my opinion. I dont want this to turn into a gi vs no gi thread. I do train both, i just respect the gi game a lot.

Yeah, I think the Gi is okay and everything and respect the roots but because of MMA No-Gi is on the rise and I find the no gi game to be alot faster. I don't want to turn it into a Gi vs no gi thread either.

Didn't another yank sub a Gracie recently?
The first time it's happened in a gi comp. Might have been that Budo thing.

Eddie's school is NOT in Santa Monica. It's in Los Angeles, closer to west Hollywood than Santa Monica.

Back