traditonal Jujuitsu !?!?!?!

Thats a bummer, I'd just look for Judo though. Lot of guys here would kill to train in Japan

Oh Ok, cool. I used to go to Towson btw. That sounds cool and reasonable. In Towson the MA club is about 90%weeaboo, and just about everything sucked. SO I am jealous of you.
You guys ever get into some silly fluffy cloud Ninja silliness? At Towson we'd warm up and split between striking, which was all weeaboo nonsense, and BJJ, which was okish.

I am also a wrestler, and I do find that the Gi and non hip throws really mess me up.

Some of the upper class people say that whenever we do striking it is really horrible (I'm assuming we do this on Mondays). But everything we do seems either practical in the sense of competition or actual use. The most silly thing we do is maybe some of the falls/rolls but they aren't that bad and most of them teach somehting in terms of coordination/breathing.

I'm actually surprised about how fun the class is. I thought it would be kind of lame because the site seemed to be very relaxed and I didn't think we'd be doing much ground work. But a lot of the guys in the class train in BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing etc., so a lot of the guys are really into Jiu Jitsu.

Some of the upper class people say that whenever we do striking it is really horrible (I'm assuming we do this on Mondays). But everything we do seems either practical in the sense of competition or actual use. The most silly thing we do is maybe some of the falls/rolls but they aren't that bad and most of them teach somehting in terms of coordination/breathing.

I'm actually surprised about how fun the class is. I thought it would be kind of lame because the site seemed to be very relaxed and I didn't think we'd be doing much ground work. But a lot of the guys in the class train in BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing etc., so a lot of the guys are really into Jiu Jitsu.

Well I think it's hard to do everything right. But that's really great if you guys can train at college, I envy you.

How do they put everything together? You guys do sparring?

What style(s) do you do btw?

Thats a bummer, I'd just look for Judo though. Lot of guys here would kill to train in Japan

Yeah, but MAs in general are lower key here, as most adults simply dont have time to train. In Maryland, I lived in Montgomey county, and it had about 800,000 people. I now live in Chiba, which has about 4.5 million people, and I think that MoCo has more BJJ/grappling in general than Chiba.

I trained with a traditional Jiujutsu school for a couple lessons. It was pretty much the same as Aikido without the shit about 'not hurting your opponent'. It seemed alright, but I had to choose between it or MMA... not much of a choice really

Back