Traditonal Jiu-jitsu

WALKERmma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i have never been really into TMA for MMA but i have found a jiu-jitsu place which seems perfect some BJJ with alot of wrestling and judo like sweeps and throws .. the only problem is some of there technique is geared towards self- defence which in my experience doesnt work in MMA ?

what do you think ?
thanks in advance

to stop fighting in muay thai and fight mma i would probs go to a different wrestling place aswell but from what i have heard this place has good sweeps and throws aswell as submission wrestling

just give a go. I think the idea is to train as many places as possible and see what works for you and what not.

I have seen MMA guys training in Gi and they just focus on what applies for them without openly rejecting the irrelevant parts.

A traditional school that teaches BJJ, Judo and wrestling sounds great.

Ralek Gracie trains out of Torrence (Official Gracie Academy) and he is undefeated in his MMA Career,he beat Sakuraba.

If the school has a web page, I'd reccomend linking to it, in case anybody knows anything about it or its instructors.

nope it dosent have a website .. which is kinda weird but its a good gym with a good instructer

Ralek Gracie trains out of Torrence (Official Gracie Academy) and he is undefeated in his MMA Career,he beat Sakuraba.

Yeah dude, beating a 40 year old Sakuraba is just like beating a 30 year old Saku.

That's what I was thinking as long as the teacher's credentials are legit. I'd really make sure to research that though.

So was i, so i started thinking "there must be some catch like self defence orientated or bad coach and facilities"
but it all seems ok wrestling with BJJ subbmissions aswell as sweeps and throws .. just what ive been looking for !!!

ile have to check it out tho

Huh? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.

He is saying that he does not want to name the instructor until he actually did some proper training under him.

I'd recommend you to try, but you might found some problem since traditionnal jiu jitsu relies heavily on the gi (judo throws, gi choke, etc...). just think about what would you do without it I guess while you train.

Unrelated, but w/e. Not all TMA's are closed minded, ineffective 5 animal form shit..I've seen guys around that adapt their TKD/Karate well for MMA. Not to mention Judo of course!

Back