Traditional "Martial Arts" Appreciation Thread - (NO DISCUSSION)

Beginner Wing Chun Muk Jong Training | 4 Points Of Control And Focus | Kung fu Training

僕たちはまだ本当の少林寺拳法を知らない This is true Shorinji Kempo

Wing Chun Found Video Footage - 2010 Foshan China - Wood Dummy

Wing Chun Butterfly Swords (Blade Catching)

Not the neatest TMA but one of the most deadliest - Kung Fu San Soo

punchinglion Published on Dec 13, 2007
Street Ready 1 with Master Bill Hulsey is the very first video released on Kung Fu San Soo. It features his 40 favorite "old style" punching techniques. For more information on the DVD and Master Bill Hulsey visit http://www.sansoo.com

Master Lee Merrill - Kung Fu San Soo - Body Alignment

MMA Vidcast
Published on Jan 22, 2011
Episode 2 teaches you the importance of body alignment beginning with the basics of punching. This video also introduces how to utilize the body to generate more power including stepping through your opponents center. http://mmavidcast.com

Eagle Claw Kung Fu - 2 Key Power Training Claws

Eagle Claw Kung Fu & Tai Chi of L.A.
Published on Jul 25, 2017

Eagle Claw Kung Fu is an effective style of kung fu. We use clawing techniques to control an opponent to strike, lock, break or sweep them off balance. In this video we teach the two power clawing techniques of eagle claw kung fu; hanging and circle claw. Follow our step by step instructions on how to form the claw, develop power in the claw and practice the clawing exercises. Learn more about us at our website EagleClawLA.com or if you're in the Los Angeles area, call (818) 383 5377 or visit us at 2775 W Broadway Los Angeles CA 90041

Eagle Claw Kung Fu - 2 Key Power Training Claws

Eagle Claw Kung Fu & Tai Chi of L.A.

Published on Jul 25, 2017

Eagle Claw Kung Fu is an effective style of kung fu. We use clawing techniques to control an opponent to strike, lock, break or sweep them off balance. In this video we teach the two power clawing techniques of eagle claw kung fu; hanging and circle claw. Follow our step by step instructions on how to form the claw, develop power in the claw and practice the clawing exercises. Learn more about us at our website EagleClawLA.com or if you're in the Los Angeles area, call (818) 383 5377 or visit us at 2775 W Broadway Los Angeles CA 90041

Seems easy to counter though?

"The Bruce Lee of Krav Maga" Roy Elghanayan's LIVE DEMO!

Roy Elghanayan's Krav Maga (L.A.)
Published on Jan 2, 2017

Roy Elghanayan’s 5th Degree Black Belt Test-LIVE BROADCAST ! Roy will be testing for the Red & White Panel Belt. SUBSCRIBE AND DON’T MISS THE LIVE BROADCAST https://YouTube.com/KravMagaLA

Amazing, very similar to old Kung Fu techniques, especially say San Soo, just loved it!

Last edited:
???

These are good Traditional MA videos?
<{cruzshake}>

Here, proper Baguazhang (Eight Trigrams Palm) fighting by the white-shirted black pants guy:

Weird - because it descends into kickboxing with wrestling really.

I think that's the key to everything - you need a base of kickboxing and wrestling. Once you have that, and are calm mentally, you can start adding little bits of other techniques in.

I like this.

Anybody here who had sparred when you were a beginner - have you sparred against someone much more experienced, who starts feinting you, faking you out, and, as my instructor puts it, overwhelming you 'mentally'? Think back the when that happens - you just can't keep up, and you essentially shell-up and become a punching dummy, and your opponent can then land the most ridiculous shots on you.

I think this is what traditional self-defense arts essentially rely upon. Your opponent ISN'T used to being hit, so when you hit them, they shell-up, at which point you CAN perform the sweeps, arm locks, neck-cranks etc.

It's why I believe arts like Wing-Chun can be effective - because you essentially mentally and physically overwhelm your average person in the street with sheer volume of punches.

But if you try this in 'sparring' against an opponent who is used to being hit - they DON'T lose their composure, they'll just cover and move and throw back.

I think a lot of 'critics' forget that. There's a huge difference between a experienced fighter, and the average person on the street.

Nobody can claim a headbutt, a knee stomp ISN'T an effective technique if you can get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back