meh, I've had better

at 2:00 am, drunk with the lights out

LOL.

After I watched this video...

I decided...
i%27d+hit+that.jpg
[/

Last edited:
Team Lloyd Irvin has some new color on its mats. Tracey Goodell after winning her Pan Ams division and the Open division and then winning the Brazilian Nationals as a Blue Belt she was promoted to the rank of Blue Belt only 2 weeks before the 2010 World Championships. 2 weeks later she had 9 matches and 8 submission victories winning her weight division and the Open Division. Tonight less than 30 days from being promoted to Purple Belt Master Lloyd Passes Tracey to the rank of Brown Belt.

9 matches, 8 subs, that's pretty darn impressive. Tracey "Roger" Goodell. :D

Girls must just be smarter then guys. it could also be that because they are weaker they have to focus on technique more, even when rolling with females their owns size they just don't have the same proportionate strength as guys.

I have worked alot in schools, girls listen better

Or maybe these certain ladies are just talented, dedicated, and work hard. There's not many female grapplers so the outstanding ones stand out.

There's plenty of males in the Sport who are prodigies in their own right and do the same type of thing.

I'm sure Marcelo Garcia and Roger Gracie listened well in their training.

Or maybe these certain ladies are just talented, dedicated, and work hard. There's not many female grapplers so the outstanding ones stand out.

There's plenty of males in the Sport who are prodigies in their own right and do the same type of thing.

I'm sure Marcelo Garcia and Roger Gracie listened well in their training.

yeah probably

and with guys there is a fuller spectrum of individuals, most of the girls has got to be dedicated and hard working to just stick around

thank god for belt divisions so we don't have to face these talents all the time. great for us mere amatuers to be able to compete against people of the same skilllevel

Last edited:
I like how the haters state: Its based on mat time or you gotta pay your dues. What they fail to notice is that like many of these other "stars" (for lack of better words) they are essentially professional grapplers. They train 8 plus hours a day 5-6 days a week. They put in more mat time in week than most of these haters put in a month.

How a you hate or say someone is non deserving if they train that much, 40 + hours a week and prove themselves at tournaments.

I for one have no opinion about this woman's abilities. Yes I've seen her grapple, yes, she's great, but I leave it up to her teacher to determine her rank, as this only reflects on him, good or bad.
What I DO have an opinion on, is , just because someone else had an opinion, and asked, is this deserving, he was asking for your opinion. But for people to start calling him "Hater" is way over the top. (iMO) Hater, just like racist, are words that are conveniently overused and misused in our society, when someone has an opinion different than our own. Some says something you don't agree with, out come the politically correct thought police. Just sayin.....And if this offends, well then maybe its hitting home... Just my opinion...

Peace

Some says something you don't agree with, out come the politically correct thought police.
No, it's more like when someone says something that is illogical and has the facts wrong. Either they are hating or they are ignorant. I guess most people prefer to call someone a hater than dumb.

I for one have no opinion about this woman's abilities. Yes I've seen her grapple, yes, she's great, but I leave it up to her teacher to determine her rank, as this only reflects on him, good or bad.
What I DO have an opinion on, is , just because someone else had an opinion, and asked, is this deserving, he was asking for your opinion. But for people to start calling him "Hater" is way over the top. (iMO) Hater, just like racist, are words that are conveniently overused and misused in our society, when someone has an opinion different than our own. Some says something you don't agree with, out come the politically correct thought police. Just sayin.....And if this offends, well then maybe its hitting home... Just my opinion...

Peace

I never used the word hater, but I still contend that coming onto the internet to discuss whether someone else deserves a belt or not is a bitch move.

I never used the word hater, but I still contend that coming onto the internet to discuss whether someone else deserves a belt or not is a bitch move.

Maybe so. I don't know his motives. Thats for him to think about.
I've already spent too much time thinking about this. My own training is more important.

why on earth would that be a problem?

you might have a very specific game due to a judo or wreslting background but lack the over all knowledge

As a Super Super heavy I would for sure like that they mashed divisions together so I could have more matches. Only done one open and I was paired up with a purple and he won on points just for having my back and doing nothing for 6 minutes (I scored two takedowns)

I never said it was a problem. I just said that I can understand how Naga would make someone do a higher division nogi if they won last time, but not really with the gi. If they do this, and it's an agreed upon part of the rules of the tournament; then that's fine. They do not do this in any of the tournaments that I've competed at and it's not allowed to compete up a belt level in most of the tournaments that I've competed at. So that's what I was curious about.

Does this apply to the gi in their events? I can see for no gi, but if you win at Blue why would they make you compete at purple next time even if you are still a blue belt?

It only applies to no-gi. You can when at blue a bunch of times and they will not make you compete at purple. I have won 7 or 8 blue belt divisions and 3 purple belt divisions at Naga and they still let me compete at blue.

It only applies to no-gi. You can when at blue a bunch of times and they will not make you compete at purple. I have won 7 or 8 blue belt divisions and 3 purple belt divisions at Naga and they still let me compete at blue.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up!

nobody accuses you of sandbagging?

Maybe so. I don't know his motives. Thats for him to think about.
I've already spent too much time thinking about this. My own training is more important.

Than why do you post on a forum?

him "Hater" is way over the top. (iMO) Hater, just like racist, are words that are conveniently overused and misused in our society, when someone has an opinion different than our own. Some says something you don't agree with, out come the politically correct thought police. Just sayin.....And if this offends, well then maybe its hitting home... Just my opinion...

Peace

fuck that. this thread is pure shit. and to you, TS, and anyone questioning the validity of her rank....

VP_haters_gonna_hate.png

Yep. Also, I understand the point system is there, and is a very good system, but Tracey obviously controlled the pace of the match with Penny and pretty much won the match. Obviously Penny got her 2 points early on, but Tracey controlled all of that match.

the last 1-2 minutes was all penny, she opened up and was passing + taking her back

tracey controlled most of the match but penny was definitely winning towards the end

the last 1-2 minutes was all penny, she opened up and was passing + taking her back

tracey controlled most of the match but penny was definitely winning towards the end

if Tracey had gotten that back take at the end with that slippery roll (that was SLICK!) would she have taken the fight?

if Tracey had gotten that back take at the end with that slippery roll (that was SLICK!) would she have taken the fight?

definitely, was an awesome transition (i saw a blackbelt match at a tournment last year where that exact same thing happened to win a match in the last few seconds as well)

penny did an amazing job of getting back into passing posistion and passing again after that though

awesome match overall and both women impressed me a lot

definitely, was an awesome transition (i saw a blackbelt match at a tournment last year where that exact same thing happened to win a match in the last few seconds as well)

penny did an amazing job of getting back into passing posistion and passing again after that though

awesome match overall and both women impressed me a lot

same here

Back