TPP Not Only Trade, 83% Is Fascists Controlling Our Daily Lives -Assange

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Hans Gruber, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Gold Belt

Some notes

-Only 5 of the 29 chapters are about trade

- The others are about regulating the internet, labor, banking services, and health care.

-Internet service providers have to collect information; they have to hand it over to companies under certain circumstances.

-A little about regulating labor- What labor conditions can be applied, regulating whether you can favor a local industry.

-Putting it in a treaty form with 14 other countries so it would be very hard to overturn even if we end up wanting to

-Only Multinational companies get the right to sue the US government for expected losses. US companies would not have that right. Even in cases that are won the average paid defense per lawsuit is 10 million dollars

- It isn't classified but Congressmen are only able to go into a room to look at it and hand over any notes that they take on it.

2. LatFlare

LatFlare EADC

Watching a snail crawl along a straight razor.
    Click bait

3. mike sherry

mike sherry Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

a free trade agreement should fit on a napkin with how brief if should be

4. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

While Trump is out here being a big ol meanie Hillary Clinton is working toward robbing us of our freedoms and liberties all the while collecting millions for herself.

I'll take the big meanie for 500 Alex.

Scrody, in the, no fat chicks and 4 others like this.
  5. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hillary Clinton's platform is anti-TPP, not that there's anything of substance here. Just Hans desperately pretending some scandal is uncovered.

Wikileaks is so boring these days.

6. TheComebackKid

I'm sure she is against TPP...

[​IMG]

clmetal, Kframe, theBLADE1 and 7 others like this.
  7. OverPressure

OverPressure As seen on the Shoji Tabuchi show

Ooookay, Julian. Whatever you're doing, stop, and please commit suicide instead.

mike sherry likes this.
  8. mike sherry

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...illary-clinton-really-said-about-tpp-and-gol/

Im starting to wonder how much a sherdog mod would get paid to shill.. must be decently lucrative

Took me a good second to get the joke, lol

Jason bourne incoming

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    TheComebackKid and superking like this.
  9. TheComebackKid

Been wondering that for a while. Also Hillary has lied so much and told so many untruths at this point why does anyone waste their time referencing what she says or what positions shes takes? We all know her words mean literally nothing.

10. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Lol

Trotsky likes this.
  11. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Deffid, Anung Un Rama and mike sherry like this.
  12. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

Well, we really DO need to analyze this stuff and judge how it impacts our countries and interests more carefully.

Kafir-kun and Hans Gruber like this.
  13. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

Hillary is a smart politician. She will trash TPP during the debates forcing Trump to attack her, making him look like an even bigger asshole.

14. Madmick

Ah, yes, a "shill". There it is again. The red scare reborn.

Nah, just can't stand dumb fuck Trump and his even dumber fuck supporters. I'm well on the record in this forum (check the old Bernie vs. Hillary meme debates), but Clinton has flip-flopped, consummate populist flip-flopper that she is, and her platform is now anti-TPP. Even her VP pick had to flip-flop on that upon accepting her ticket slot. Thar article is from October 2015, derp. Meanwhile, as has already been pointed out today, Trump's own VP is pro-TPP.

I'm curious to see if Trump ever made any public statements against the TPP before April 2015 when he was fueling up his Presidential bid. Was he out there going to bat for the little guy in 2010 when Citizens United passed, or was he curled up in his tower with his golden phone probably ranting about all the OWS grime outside his gorgeous buildings? He's every bit the political whore that Clinton is, but you guys are just too dense to see it. The difference is he's a nincompoop with no knowledge, terrible organization, and no competence to do anything about it. When running his mouth saying stupid controversial shit doesn't work (the Kanye West approach!) he's got nothing else. No tricks in his bag.

True sign of an idiot

15. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Contrary to what Hans said, you can find the entire text online.

And, yeah, from the start, it hasn't been only about trade, which is why people trying to discredit it by saying that trade deals are bad have been dishonest (or one reason).

Given that most Americans support it, and both major parties oppose it, I'd think the nutters here would see opposition to it as evil or something, but that assumes that nutters are logical and believe what they say...

16. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

There aren't enough educated, technocratically minded liberals to win elections. So getting good policy requires forming a coalition with people you don't agree with. On this issue, Clinton isn't making a smart political move--she's lining up with loony lefties rather than smart moderate conservatives (both of whom are gettable for her) because she appears to really prefer them. Again, a majority of Americans like the deal.

17. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

A majority of Americans like a deal that they haven't read?

Yea, that sounds about right. It's the wrong approach. We should be skeptical about deals before we read them.

no fat chicks likes this.
  18. Jack V Savage

The majority of Americans don't read any bills. I certainly don't. You know what they're about and read analysis that could point to weaknesses. I actually read a bit of the TPP (as I mentioned, it's all online) because I've seen a lot of craziness about it that I checked on, but that's unusual.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/trans-pacific-partnership/tpp-full-text

19. mike sherry

Lol ok

Anything but admit you were wrong to say hillary opposed tpp without mentioning her previous gold standard comment. You have zero credibility

20. Madmick

Because I wasn't wrong. I was being nice. Oh, look, Politifact!
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...y-clinton-now-opposes-trans-pacific-partners/
    You gonna admit you were wrong about Hillary, now, or do you prefer to have zero credibility by your own criterion? Be a good girl and lick it off.