Social Toy Collectors Thread

Is it up? I haven't seen it. I don't think that the Ghost Rider car will be as popular as the others that were funded. I hope it doesn't go the way of the Rancor figure that sucked mule right out of the gate.
I saw teaser pics of some sort of numbchuks made of car tools and another pic of two car tools as melee weapons.

The numbchuks appear to use actual metal chain.

Last edited:
Ordered a Marvel Legends Rhino to boost my Spidey Rogue's Gallery to 4 (Hobgoblin as Cyclops, Scorpion, Joe Fixit BAF as Kingpin). First time I've seen Rhino available online. Kinda expensive at $40 after tax.

Turns out my local Macy's has a decent sized Toys R Us inside. Didn't see any GI Joe or Star Wars (aside from TVC Nevarro bar, a lot of it), but did see fully stocked Thor movie wave, kiddie Marvel bendies, decent Lego section. The Marvel Legends at sale price was like $19+. It was on the 4th floor, probably top floor, so maybe very few shoppers knew about it. Didn't see Hot Wheels singles. Before this store became Macy's, it was one of the better places for Legos as a kid. They sometimes had Lego displays no other store had.

Browsed Trends International's store on Amazon and saw many posters of Marvel Comic covers as well as posters of Marvel Trading Cards Series 1, the one with subpar art, and a few Jim Lee X-Men cards of Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, Colossus, Rogue, Beast, Wolverine. They also had a small shot of the cardbacks on the poster front. The Marvel Series 1 had Spidey, Thor, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Hulk, Luke Cage I think, Dr. Strange, Cap Am. Hard to think of which of the Jim Lee cards I'd want as a poster.

No idea if that's good reaction or bad reaction.

Is it up? I haven't seen it. I don't think that the Ghost Rider car will be as popular as the others that were funded. I hope it doesn't go the way of the Rancor figure that sucked mule right out of the gate.
that rancor was a huge fucking disappointment. I also didn't like the Stryker. revas blade also made a 3rd of what was needed to fund it. not too good of a track record recently

Ordered a Marvel Legends Rhino to boost my Spidey Rogue's Gallery to 4 (Hobgoblin as Cyclops, Scorpion, Joe Fixit BAF as Kingpin). First time I've seen Rhino available online. Kinda expensive at $40 after tax.

Turns out my local Macy's has a decent sized Toys R Us inside. Didn't see any GI Joe or Star Wars (aside from TVC Nevarro bar, a lot of it), but did see fully stocked Thor movie wave, kiddie Marvel bendies, decent Lego section. The Marvel Legends at sale price was like $19+. It was on the 4th floor, probably top floor, so maybe very few shoppers knew about it. Didn't see Hot Wheels singles. Before this store became Macy's, it was one of the better places for Legos as a kid. They sometimes had Lego displays no other store had.

Browsed Trends International's store on Amazon and saw many posters of Marvel Comic covers as well as posters of Marvel Trading Cards Series 1, the one with subpar art, and a few Jim Lee X-Men cards of Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, Colossus, Rogue, Beast, Wolverine. They also had a small shot of the cardbacks on the poster front. The Marvel Series 1 had Spidey, Thor, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Hulk, Luke Cage I think, Dr. Strange, Cap Am. Hard to think of which of the Jim Lee cards I'd want as a poster.

No idea if that's good reaction or bad reaction.

It ain't good..

HScpVd8.jpg

On the local news tech segment, they showed this app where you take a pic of a pile of Legos and the app would recognize what pieces you got and show all sorts of stuff you could build with the pieces. It'll also highlight where in the pile the brick you need is.

I'm guessing the piece recognition isn't super accurate.

Sideshow.com has a final day of sales due to Comic-Con. It ends at midnight and you can snag 10% off on some pieces. I've been eyeing a Hot Toys Gen. Grevious for the longest...

Dorkside has big sale, but when I went to order, the lowest prices were stuff w/o BAF piece or out of package loose likely returns, so passed. Didn't want to risk buying some fake bootleg returned as original. New in package still on sale, but I'd probably eventually get that price with free shipping from Amazon eventually.

Boba Fett disguised as Snake Eyes? Did they say if that's the old Black Series tooling or the new ROTJ deluxe tooling?

Sideshow.com has a final day of sales due to Comic-Con. It ends at midnight and you can snag 10% off on some pieces. I've been eyeing a Hot Toys Gen. Grevious for the longest...
i’m just over here impatiently waiting for my Spider-Verse Miles & 2020 suit Miles that i ordered 14 months ago

i’m just over here impatiently waiting for my Spider-Verse Miles & 2020 suit Miles that i ordered 14 months ago
Yup, literally everything I have ordered is on wait from Hot Toys.

Think the list is up to five at this point. Though tbf a couple are recent.

Cad Bane because fuck yeah

Updated Mark III

Always wanted one of the early die cast Iron Man suits. Dig the clunkier robotic look of them over the nano suits.

3 years after you posted I know but these are great.

@Smokes

Great thread. Just started reading through it.
I have to get back into this, I have an unopened Ahsoka sitting on my couch. Gotta bust her out and have her facing off against Deadpool or something

Back