Social Toy Collectors Thread

DCA54EE8-DEF4-45B5-BD60-5268B8441F2A.jpeg

E5F568FF-76B1-4735-85D5-400E4295C975.jpeg

Target did alright today. the shelves were also freshly stalked w/ the entire Eternals wave. curious how the stock will be looking a week from now because i def haven’t heard or seen any hype at all for these figures

I'll hit my Target and Wal-Mart tomorrow and report back.

Went to Walmart tonight reluctantly, but picked up a Stalker (only Joe they had).

I recently (within the past week) got back into model building, specifically Gundam. I like the build process as well as the posing afterwards. I'm not skilled or creative enough to do something from scratch so this is a nice substitute. Don't have good pictures yet, but that's another aspect; I can work on amateur photography as well.

I recently (within the past week) got back into model building, specifically Gundam. I like the build process as well as the posing afterwards. I'm not skilled or creative enough to do something from scratch so this is a nice substitute. Don't have good pictures yet, but that's another aspect; I can work on amateur photography as well.
An old pencil eraser is good for putting battle damage on the models.
Back in the day there was a kiosk at the mall and they had all kinds of badass Gundam models. Always wanted the 1/60 scale Zero from Endless Waltz but I think it was $250. This thing was MASSIVE, pics don't really do it justice.
I think this was it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132847373177?epid=26019011766&hash=item1eee520b79:g:NPAAAOSwEW5Zd-yq

An old pencil eraser is good for putting battle damage on the models.
Back in the day there was a kiosk at the mall and they had all kinds of badass Gundam models. Always wanted the 1/60 scale Zero from Endless Waltz but I think it was $250. This thing was MASSIVE, pics don't really do it justice.
I think this was it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132847373177?epid=26019011766&hash=item1eee520b79:g:NPAAAOSwEW5Zd-yq
My recent "inspiration" was Adam Savage's build:

I had a 1/100 scale Heavyarms Custom over a decade ago, but I haven't seen it since moving. I remembered enjoying the build and wanted to relive it. Been losing a lot of sleep lately applying decals, cleaning up nubs and posing it.

I lied, I did take pictures, here's one:

MG Epyon

Like I said, still a work in progress, despite that, I ordered an MG Deathscythe Hell. I know the background and camera work sucks.

My recent "inspiration" was Adam Savage's build:

I had a 1/100 scale Heavyarms Custom over a decade ago, but I haven't seen it since moving. I remembered enjoying the build and wanted to relive it. Been losing a lot of sleep lately applying decals, cleaning up nubs and posing it.

I lied, I did take pictures, here's one:

MG Epyon

Like I said, still a work in progress, despite that, I ordered an MG Deathscythe Hell. I know the background and camera work sucks.

I always hated how "clean" the model kits looked. Like all the parts were bright white and had no battle damage at all. Bandai released Gundam Wing action figures in the US around the same time and they looked so much better.

I always hated how "clean" the model kits looked. Like all the parts were bright white and had no battle damage at all. Bandai released Gundam Wing action figures in the US around the same time and they looked so much better.
I'm not ready to wade into weathering yet, gotta crawl before you walk, lol. I have done some minor panel lining. I still have dry-transfer decals to do, but I need to buy some Scotch tape first.

I also ordered a couple of action bases, can't wait until they come in, so I can do some aerial poses.

Back