Social Toy Collectors Thread

The Stan Hansen mini-fig I mentioned from earlier.

Hansen1.jpg

Hansen2.jpg

I just read on Jedibusiness.com that the upcoming Target exclusive Black Series retro packaging armored Obi, Ani, clone, etc. won't be up for pre-order but due in stores and online Summer, regardless of Canada, etc. having them already.

I just read on Jedibusiness.com that the upcoming Target exclusive Black Series retro packaging armored Obi, Ani, clone, etc. won't be up for pre-order but due in stores and online Summer, regardless of Canada, etc. having them already.

I got the armored Obi-Wan from when it was a Walgreens exclusive (Thanks to the peeps in THIS thread) :) I'd love to get an armored Ani to have the master and Padawan together!

I got the armored Obi-Wan from when it was a Walgreens exclusive (Thanks to the peeps in THIS thread) :) I'd love to get an armored Ani to have the master and Padawan together!
I know, that was me. I kept patrolling Walgreens every week until I found it. This Target one is the Clone Wars CGI cartoon armor (also used in live action movie?), not the handdrawn cartoon armor where he gets eaten by the blob then explodes him from the inside out.

Here is the Ninjago set next to the Ninjago City set.

ByIcXM0.jpg

It's bout 3ft long. I wish I could have got the Docks but still would rather have to more sets this size and have like a little block.
You should make a Big Trouble in Little China theme with these.

I've still got most of my stuff from when I was a kid boxed up in totes. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of any of it back in the day, and now 15-20 years later and I'm glad to still have it even if I don't have room to display any of it. If there's any interest I could break some of it out and snap some pictures of what I've got (Mighty Max, Zoids, LEGOs, bunch of PS1/PS2/N64 games, some other random stuff). Here's my Nintendo consoles, all of them are pretty much complete in box (papers, bags, etc):
_01_group.JPG _02_SNES.JPG

I've still got most of my stuff from when I was a kid boxed up in totes. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of any of it back in the day, and now 15-20 years later and I'm glad to still have it even if I don't have room to display any of it. If there's any interest I could break some of it out and snap some pictures of what I've got (Mighty Max, Zoids, LEGOs, bunch of PS1/PS2/N64 games, some other random stuff). Here's my Nintendo consoles, all of them are pretty much complete in box (papers, bags, etc):
View attachment 853075 View attachment 853076
Are you going to try and restore the shell on your Super Nintendo back to its original colour?

Are you going to try and restore the shell on your Super Nintendo back to its original colour?
Nah. I have no plans on displaying it. I figure, the plastic did what it was going to do through no fault of my own so just let it be.

1) I saw an article that said a lot of 3DS Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby cartridges stopped working possibly due to a change in memory that doesn't last as long or faulty soldering. That sucks.

2) At Target, I saw a ton of Marvel Legends Marvel's Katy from Shang Chi. I predict pegwarmer.

2) At Target, I saw a ton of Marvel Legends Marvel's Katy from Shang Chi. I predict pegwarmer.
yeah same at the one near my work. almost got one because i think the awkwafina head sculpt is a really good likeness, but for some reason it’s $3 more than the other Marvel Legends figures??

yeah same at the one near my work. almost got one because i think the awkwafina head sculpt is a really good likeness, but for some reason it’s $3 more than the other Marvel Legends figures??
The head sculpt is accurate and the hair is good, but.... pass.

I saw AI Iron Man today a few bucks more than what I paid on Amazon, which has a bunch fluctuating betw regular $19.99 and a few bucks more.

View attachment 853075 View attachment 853076

<{Joewithit}>

In Walmart's collectibles section near DVDs, I saw these Naruto and maybe other franchise figures, but didn't see Bandai logo, but they were AXN. Never heard of them and assumed bootleg. They had Funimation logo on the back.

Pass.

Thanos' legs are too long, like NBA player. Helmetless Odin face sculpt looks like entry level rookie made it.

Helmetless Odin face sculpt looks like entry level rookie made it.
Given how good photogrammetry software has gotten I'm always surprised by how bad some of these likenesses are. Yeah, there's an art to scaling something down for production, but it shouldn't be that bad.

I saw today there's an upcoming Imagination Works Vegeta for 9000 yen. Face, at least one regular and one SSJ, doesn't look right. Proportions also not quite right, body and lack of poofy hair. Soft goods blue bodysuit. It said 1/9 scale.
img_articulation.png

Last edited:
Back