Tournament

MiamiMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a friend who is into TKD and I have decided to spontaneously enter myself in a local TKD tournament tomorrow, I have absolutely no TKD training and the only kicking I know is the basic kicks I have learned in my 2 months of MMA training. I am doing this for fun but figured it would be nice to win since I am competing at white belt. Is there any advice any of you can give me on how to at least do OK? Also, I understand TKD is gay, so you dont have to remind me, Im doing this for fun.

You actually think you're going to win? Word of advice = prepare to be kicked in the head, repeatedly.

That is a pretty cocky attitude. "..it would be nice to win..." Yeah, it would be nice to win, but it probably won't happen, unless you are the only white belt that enters. It's not so much what was said, but the context of you expecting to win. Or, maybe that's not how you meant it. If not, then I apologize. You did say it was for fun.

Let us know how this turns out, I'm sure a lot of us would like to know.

You have two months of MMA training and know "basic kicks"...and now you're entering a TKD tournament with guys who have probably been training for a few years...tomorrow?

There is nothing anybody can do to help you. Not just skill wise, but attitude wise as well.

I guess it will be a learning experience for you. We'll see how "gay" you think TKD is after tomorrow.

I didn't even see what he said about TKD being gay. Man, if he goes in with that attitude, he's going to get owned. Too bad I can't be a fly on the wall. No respect.

damn, back in the day the stand-up forum used to be populated by legit boxers and muay thai guys, now I see its run down by Tae Kwon do nuthugging :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s

Chthon said:
You have two months of MMA training and know "basic kicks"...and now you're entering a TKD tournament with guys who have probably been training for a few years...tomorrow?

There is nothing anybody can do to help you. Not just skill wise, but attitude wise as well.

I guess it will be a learning experience for you. We'll see how "gay" you think TKD is after tomorrow.

im fighting white belt

MiamiMMA said:
im fighting white belt

Probably you are jokin around aren't you :)

First of all you can't enter a TKD tournemant with a white belt, but probably this is a open tournemant something ???

Well probably you will fight in a pool with a bunch of newbies or something, otherwise if you fight a good TKD fighter you will get your ass kicked very fast !!!

The only tip I could give you is protect your head good bc otherwise it's possible you will go out on a stretcher ;) :)

Good luck btw hahahaha lol

damn, back in the day the stand-up forum used to be populated by legit boxers and muay thai guys, now I see its run down by Tae Kwon do nuthugging :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s

Well that about does it for you.

i think he is a gonna benifit greatly from this and is a genius ill be watching out for him in the ufc !!

Too bad this is obviously bullshit, and he won't be entering the tourney, and that there won't be a highly reel of this troll getting beaten savagely.

Not a particularly clever troll, and not worthy of a response. But to continue the discussion now that he's gone, there are usually white/yellow belt divisions in local tournaments and people who fight there don't have a lot of experience. At that level (a few months' training), the natural aggressiveness, physical attributes and instinct is pretty much the only thing that matters.

Having said that, learning a couple of kicks from MMA during two months is a very poor preparation. And sometimes you get to fight green and blue belts as a beginner, who can easily have 2-3 years of training. TKD tourneys are a sport in their own right, with special tactics and rules. The things one trains in the MMA class don't always translate, and vice versa.

Guys, i've trained MT for a while so i'm going to go into a Kung Fu tourney tomorrow. I think it's kind of gay and I should own these guys whom I know nothing about under their rules. I'll ask for advice but really I just want you guys to worship me and hate on Kung Fu because I have no life.

I'm predicting TKD guy to win via disqualification of MiamiMMA, kind of hard to win if you don't even know the rules

Guys, i've trained MT for a while so i'm going to go into a Kung Fu tourney tomorrow. I think it's kind of gay and I should own these guys whom I know nothing about under their rules. I'll ask for advice but really I just want you guys to worship me and hate on Kung Fu because I have no life.

lol You're lucky I know ya from around here.

the ignorance on this website never ceases to amaze me.

Spoonman7 said:
the ignorance on this website never ceases to amaze me.
Don't read the MMA forum, you'll die from amazement.

It's funny how difference perspectives can be. I'm going to try competing in a grappling tourney in December. I'll be competing in the Novice division and my primary goal is to score one point. For me just getting in there is a victory in of itself.

Chthon said:
Don't read the MMA forum, you'll die from amazement.

I've come close a few times, all martial arts are good, I wish people on this site would realize that

Back